Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Doctor Who on the big screen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Doctor Who on the big screen?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:10 am

Okay, so I went to the movies last night and saw that they had a special event: a screening of "Rise of the Cybermen" and "Age of Steel" with the Tennant-narrated documentary "Wings." Now, it was sold out, but they still had a trailer for it in front of the movie I was seeing, and it said it was two nights only: the night before last night and that night.

I don't think they promoted this very well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Gene Lantern

Number of posts : 995
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the big screen?   Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:42 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Okay, so I went to the movies last night and saw that they had a special event: a screening of "Rise of the Cybermen" and "Age of Steel" with the Tennant-narrated documentary "Wings." Now, it was sold out, but they still had a trailer for it in front of the movie I was seeing, and it said it was two nights only: the night before last night and that night.

I don't think they promoted this very well...

It was promoted on all the Doctor Who websites I frequent, and I do have Fathom Events as a "Like" on Facebook so I saw promos show up in my news feed several times.

You can also subscribe to updates at their website as they did REALLY well with the Anniversary Special showing and this one was well populated at my theatre. I have a hopeful feeling there may be more. They will also be showing the Monty Python farewell tour live in July (already have my ticket for that one)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the big screen?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm

http://whona.realtvboard.com/t9870-doctor-who-and-wings

The Doctor Who eps ran Monday night and the Wings documentary ran Tuesday night. Buy one ticket, get both events. The bonus material was just an introduction by and interview with David Tennant, but it was a really good interview. There was also Doctor Who themed on screen trivia in place of the typical movie trivia that plays prior to movie showings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Doctor Who on the big screen?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: