Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Gene Lantern
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 995
Age : 57
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 pm

Figured since Ice Worrier started a DC thread, we needed to have some Marvel love too!



Captain America display!



1st Appearance Avengers!



The Fantastic Four!


Last edited by The Gene Lantern on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
The Gene Lantern
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 995
Age : 57
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:24 pm

As Iron Man is my #1 favorite Super Hero; I have a few figures featuring his likeness Smile



Iron Man Shelf pt 1



Iron Man Shelf pt 2



Iron Man Shelf pt 3



Iron Man Shelf pt 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
The Gene Lantern
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 995
Age : 57
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 pm



The Defenders!



Cosmic Heroes and Hank Pym!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:09 am

Hasbro made a 6" Baron Zemo II (actually he'd be XIII) but it's in the modern costume I'm not fond of. I've found that its floppy gloves are removable so it'd mostly be a matter of me adding some chincilla trim to make it the classic Zemo costume. Hasbro, however, has already made 3.75" of classic Baron Zemo II so they could tool up these costume accessories if they decide to make a classic variant in 6" scale. Of course Hasbro has been spotty with releasing planned variants lately. So should I just modify the existing 6" Zemo or should I wait to see if they release an official version of my preferred costume?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
The Gene Lantern
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 995
Age : 57
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Hasbro made a 6" Baron Zemo II (actually he'd be XIII) but it's in the modern costume I'm not fond of. I've found that its floppy gloves are removable so it'd mostly be a matter of me adding some chincilla trim to make it the classic Zemo costume. Hasbro, however, has already made 3.75" of classic Baron Zemo II so they could tool up these costume accessories if they decide to make a classic variant in 6" scale. Of course Hasbro has been spotty with releasing planned variants lately. So should I just modify the existing 6" Zemo or should I wait to see if they release an official version of my preferred costume?

I'm thinking it will probably be a long time before we get another 6" Zemo 2, EMP, so customizing is probably the way to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
jonwes
RANK: Time Lord, Gold Usher


Number of posts : 4624
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Very nice! I used to have a HUGE collection of Marvel Legends. But then I switched to Marvel Universe when Hasbro basically abandoned Legends. It's nice to see them back, but I've managed to stay away from them and sold most of my Legends off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:28 pm

The final series of 2013 Legends before they switched to movie tie-in waves didn't make it out yet. I've heard rumors that instead of just releasing it now that they have a new strategy that most of the figures would be repurposed for an SDCC set. They could do a Masters of Evil set with Blizzard, Batroc, Tigershark, Radioactive Man, Songbird (even though she's in her Thunderbolts outfit), & Bulldozer (the MIA variant for Wrecker). A previous SDCC Marvel Universe set was MOE with classic Baron Zemo, so this set could include a 6" version of that. (I guess I should wait for Toy Fair or whenever SDCC items are announced to commit to a custom of him.)
The Jubilee BAF from that series could be moved to the X-Men Legends tie-in for DOFP along with the cancelled Rogue from last year's Wolverine Legends. Agent Venom could be moved to a Spider-Man series.
The Iron Man wave with movie Mandarin, Rescue, & movie concept War Machine is also MIA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
The Gene Lantern
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 995
Age : 57
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
The final series of 2013 Legends before they switched to movie tie-in waves didn't make it out yet. I've heard rumors that instead of just releasing it now that they have a new strategy that most of the figures would be repurposed for an SDCC set. They could do a Masters of Evil set with Blizzard, Batroc, Tigershark, Radioactive Man, Songbird (even though she's in her Thunderbolts outfit), & Bulldozer (the MIA variant for Wrecker). A previous SDCC Marvel Universe set was MOE with classic Baron Zemo, so this set could include a 6" version of that. (I guess I should wait for Toy Fair or whenever SDCC items are announced to commit to a custom of him.)
The Jubilee BAF from that series could be moved to the X-Men Legends tie-in for DOFP along with the cancelled Rogue from last year's Wolverine Legends. Agent Venom could be moved to a Spider-Man series.
The Iron Man wave with movie Mandarin, Rescue, & movie concept War Machine is also MIA.

Yeah, that KILLS me...the Rescue was at the very top of my want list, being a huge Iron Man fan.

Blizzard, Batroc, Tigershark, and Radioactive Man were 4 villains that I could not believe they were actually doing! I certainly hope they show up at some point, especially Tiger Shark!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
Biggles
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Impressive collection, Gene! Definitely got to give Marvel some love! Very Happy

One question regarding this shot:

The Gene Lantern wrote:


That movie-based unmasked Iron Man Mark II figure in the front center--from when and what line is that one? Because I've been wanting a decent unmasked movie-based Tony Stark figure and that one looks pretty darn good. I might be interested in tracking one down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Gene Lantern
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 995
Age : 57
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Biggles wrote:
Impressive collection, Gene! Definitely got to give Marvel some love! Very Happy

One question regarding this shot:

That movie-based unmasked Iron Man Mark II figure in the front center--from when and what line is that one? Because I've been wanting a decent unmasked movie-based Tony Stark figure and that one looks pretty darn good. I might be interested in tracking one down.

Thanks, Biggles Smile

All the ones with the tags in front are Super-posable figures from Kaiyodo's Revoltech line. If you go on eBay and search for Revoltech Iron Man you'll see what's out there. The Mk II came with the Tony Stark head which I think is an excellent RTD likeness Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
Calixar
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1216
Age : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:31 pm

The name "Revoltech" has always amused me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:45 pm

I'm kinda surprised how rare Mk IV toys are (aside from 3"). The crazy aftermarket markups should tell Marvel that it deserves more screentime. I can't stand it when they mix gold & silver together like on Mk VI & VII or have silver battledamage since the suit is made of a lighteight gold alloy in the movieverse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Biggles
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:
Thanks, Biggles Smile

All the ones with the tags in front are Super-posable figures from Kaiyodo's Revoltech line.  If you go on eBay and search for Revoltech Iron Man you'll see what's out there.  The Mk II came with the Tony Stark head which I think is an excellent RTD likeness Smile

Ah, I see! Thank you! I'll have to have a look for that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Gene Lantern
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 995
Age : 57
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Oh, MAN...these are GREAT!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/first-official-look-hasbro-guardians-galaxy-action-figures-172757793.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:
Oh, MAN...these are GREAT!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/first-official-look-hasbro-guardians-galaxy-action-figures-172757793.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

As much as I want these, I'd easily have traded them for an x-men wave instead  Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Gene Lantern
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 995
Age : 57
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Vertigo wrote:
The Gene Lantern wrote:
Oh, MAN...these are GREAT!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/first-official-look-hasbro-guardians-galaxy-action-figures-172757793.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

As much as I want these, I'd easily have traded them for an x-men wave instead  Neutral

Oh come on; like there haven't been 10 trillion X-Men action figures released previously....

Lets give the Guardians a chance to shine. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:04 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:
Vertigo wrote:


As much as I want these, I'd easily have traded them for an x-men wave instead  Neutral

Oh come on; like there haven't been 10 trillion X-Men action figures released previously....

Lets give the Guardians a chance to shine.  Smile

An x-men wave was my most wanted for this year. I really wanted new movie figures and new comic ones (ideally.. NOW cyclops, multiple man, magik, the unreleased white phoenix..)
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:52 pm

There will probably be an X-Men Legends line to tie into the DoFP movie. The Rogue that got bumped from the Wolverine Legends wave should be in it even though she's been cut from the movie. I wouldn't mind if there are no movie figures in it as their costumes look mostly dire.
There are 2 figures not shown from that GotG line. One of the remaining figures has to be Ronan the Accuser. The other could be Nebula, Yondu, Korath, a Nova Corpsman, Thanos, a Badoon warrior, or the Collector
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

There are 2 figures not shown from that GotG line. One of the remaining figures has to be Ronan the Accuser. The other could be Nebula, Yondu, Korath, a Nova Corpsman, Thanos, a Badoon warrior, or the Collector

The other 2 are Iron Man and Nova, or at least thats what was leaked a while ago..

..and the All-New x-men set appears to be the movie tie-in  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
jonwes
RANK: Time Lord, Gold Usher


Number of posts : 4624
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm crazy excited about the Guardians figures!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Ironmac
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 565
Age : 50
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm

fantastic collection
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:01 am

When ToyFair officially starts I'm sure we'll see plenty more products.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
When ToyFair officially starts I'm sure we'll see plenty more products.

We didn't  Crying or Very sad 

Nova's great, though

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:34 pm

I can't believe they didn't make a 6" figure of the main villain again! Cosmic repaint Iron Man sucks! Nova is cool, but I'd prefer his gold to be more metallic.
Hopefully they will reveal some more things over the rest of the event instead of keeping everything mum until SDCC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!   Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:48 pm

This is it until sdcc. I'm curious what happened to the comic starlord from last year, since there are no running changes for these apparently..

Also, watch that Iron Man get packed 3 per case.
Back to top Go down
 
Marvel Comics Action Figures!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: