Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

What did you think of S7E15: 'The Day of the Doctor'?
AMAZING!!!!
70%
 70% [ 31 ]
Good!
18%
 18% [ 8 ]
Okay...
9%
 9% [ 4 ]
Really bad!
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
AWFUL!!!!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 44

AuthorMessage
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:13 pm

I did not expect Tom.........Wow!

That was a celebration of 50 years.....all the way thru.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Let me just say....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonwes

Number of posts : 4623
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Absolutely beautiful! Good on Moffat. He knocked it out of the park.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:19 pm

I have to admit to getting a wee bit misty at a few points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Oh, towards the end I definitely got teary eyed... when the curator showed up. Being so... perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Indeed. An amazing scene. I wasn't sure if it would be Bradley as Hartnell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corwynn

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:45 pm

That was phenomenal. A locally owned movie theater in North Kansas City (it was built in 1928) hosted a viewing party and mini-fan convention. Starting at Noon, there was a merchandise section, costume contest, trivia competition, puppets, the TARDIS, two Daleks lurking about, and two consoles. We then all went into the stadium-style theater to watch it on the big screen. Lots of families and friends just having a good time, old and new fans alike. They filled the auditorium with hundreds of people. Couldn't have asked for a better day of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Well smack my a$$ & call me Judy - that was AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:54 pm

I will always believe that the Curator is the Doctor......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Gene Lantern

Number of posts : 1001
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Not just Tom....OMFG the 12th Doctor almost gave me a fangasm!!!!

THat was AMAZING...so so pleased!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Seeing Capaldi was EP......wait for it........IC!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I will always believe that the Curator is the Doctor......
Yeah, I think the idea is to imply he's the Doctor far, far into the future who has retired and decided to take on an old face. Kind of lovely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Gene Lantern

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Worth another look....wow wow WOW!!!
Back to top Go down
The Gene Lantern

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:30 pm

And it's wonderful to see old friends.....

Especially when they all drop by....

Back to top Go down
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:53 pm

I love how 1 stands in the back of everyone.....looking so proud!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:00 pm

I almost forgot about the opening titles!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D84

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Did anyone else feel like John Hurt's part was written for Christopher Eccleston? Especially the scene in the cell.

Also, in the behind the scenes afterwards, John Hurt said he was offered the part in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:29 pm

I do think that if Eccleston had said he'd return, we'd have had none of Hurt. He made a brilliant Doctor, but it seems that he might now be the Doctor with the shortest "life?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevin's Customs

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:34 pm

I liked to see Tennant again... and it was AWESOME to see Tom... but on the whole the story was wanting. First of all... another doctor John Hurt... Rose would have made a LOT more sense if it were Eccelston but it really bothers me that Moffett did not ask McGann to do this when Ecceslston turned the part down.

Secondly there was no time-lock... REALLY!?!?! Does that mean that the End of Time was rewritten ie Never Happened?!?!

Didn't Rassilon want to Destroy everything?

Must say on the whole I don't like the story
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stores.ebay.com/kevins-customs-store?_trksid=p2047675.l25
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Well I loved it and my John hurt custom will now be taking a rightful place on my display between McCain and Eccelson figures
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:25 pm

D84 wrote:
Did anyone else feel like John Hurt's part was written for Christopher Eccleston?  Especially the scene in the cell.

Also, in the behind the scenes afterwards, John Hurt said he was offered the part in a hurry.
This.

This is the one thing that kept it from being over the top awesome for me. I'm very disappointed in Eccleston, my favorite Doctor, for being too hung up on whatever to participate. The whole time I was watching it, I kept thinking Hurt should be Eccleston. Or at the very least, McGann. There just wasn't any reason to introduce a new actor/incarnation.

That said, I was very happy with the plot, and the ending. I think it's a perfect way to set up the next season, having the Doctor search for home. And...it means The Master, Rassilon, the Monk, the Rani, Romana, etc. can ALL come back.

Got very teary-eyed at the end.

I kind of missed some things with all the cheering in the theater - was Tom Baker a future incarnation? A retired Doctor? Or a human the Doctor had known?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:45 pm

On Tom:
On second viewing, when 11 opens and reads QE1's letter, she appoints him curator.  At the end, after 11 and Tom see each other and 11 says he never forgets a face, Tom says you may just try on a few old favorites in the future.  Then 11 winks.  

I am going to take that to mean that at whatever future incarnation is the Doctor's last, he decides to pick his forth as his last.  We now know, with The Night of the Doctor, that the Sisterhood of Karn could help the Doctor pick whatever form he wants, and since they have seen 4 before, it should be easy to recreate that one.

And where do you think Osgood got her scarf?!!

Last edited by Ronpur on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:52 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I do think that if Eccleston had said he'd return, we'd have had none of Hurt. He made a brilliant Doctor, but it seems that he might now be the Doctor with the shortest "life?"
I really don't see that. To have the story be about the Doctor's healing and his coming to grips with his using The Moment, we need Hurt. A "Doctor" that so violated what the Doctor means, he has forgotten him, sort of like Jackson Lake forgetting the horror that happened to him. Eccelston would not have worked in that part. It is implied in Rose that he has just regenerated when he sees himself in the mirror. I also do not like the idea of using 8 in the position of Hurt, because then, the Doctor would try to forget his incarnation as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Kevin's Customs wrote:
I liked to see Tennant again... and it was AWESOME to see Tom... but on the whole the story was wanting. First of all... another doctor John Hurt... Rose would have made a LOT more sense if it were Eccelston but it really bothers me that Moffett did not ask McGann to do this when Ecceslston turned the part down.
Rose could have been anybody, really. Jamie, Jo Grant, Amy Pond.

Kevin's Customs wrote:
Secondly there was no time-lock... REALLY!?!?! Does that mean that the End of Time was rewritten ie Never Happened?!?!

Didn't Rassilon want to Destroy everything?

Must say on the whole I don't like the story
The Time War has always been hard to wrap my head around. In theory, it was happening in every time period. All the Doctors should have been affected, and as we see at the end, they were finally involved. The War Council seam to be very independent of the high Council, and I wonder, if and when Gallifrey is found, the General may just take some action against Rassilon and those of the council who voted with him. It does create a rather interest paradox, now that the Doctor has interfered with his own personal history. 10's regeneration would not even have happened without the events of End of Time. But, you interfere with history, you will create paradoxes. And the Doctor has left a lot of them in his travels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Ronpur wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
I really don't see that.  To have the story be about the Doctor's healing and his coming to grips with his using The Moment, we need Hurt.  A "Doctor" that so violated what the Doctor means, he has forgotten him, sort of like Jackson Lake forgetting the horror that happened to him.  Eccelston would not have worked in that part.  It is implied in Rose that he has just regenerated when he sees himself in the mirror.  I also do not like the idea of using 8 in the position of Hurt, because then, the Doctor would try to forget his incarnation as well.
But the only reason it was written in that he had to 'forget' an incarnation was due to the refusal of Eccleston to participate.

Really, they should've just gone with McGann.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Today at 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down

S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: