Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

What did you think of S7E15: 'The Day of the Doctor'?
AMAZING!!!!
70%
 70% [ 31 ]
Good!
18%
 18% [ 8 ]
Okay...
9%
 9% [ 4 ]
Really bad!
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
AWFUL!!!!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 44
 

AuthorMessage
TinDogRory
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1356
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Wouldn't it have been easier to tape a note to the door telling him when & where to teleport over to investigate an ancient mystery? I know I'd be less inclined to help somebody if they stole my ride/house, even if they were my friends.
We know the TARDIS is notoriously bad at short hops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wes Crayon
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Why did UNIT pick up the TARDIS by helicopter crane without checking if the Doctor was inside? If he wasn't, how would he know where he was supposd to be & what happened to his TARDIS?
Because Moffat wanted to have a stupid goofy bit with the Doctor hanging out of the TARDIS and talking on the phone. Duh. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scary-crayon.com/
SJA
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:41 pm

I found David T's Doctor to be much more bearable to watch in the 50th...

I guess the Moff's writing/take on the 10th doctor is more to my taste then Russel T's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:39 am

Ronpur wrote:
I am feeling a bit depressed today.  No more excitement of a 50th Anniversary special coming up.  Well, just have to watch it again!!!

The day after Christmas usually feels like that.  santa  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer 
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1150
Age : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:02 pm

SJA wrote:
I found David T's Doctor to be much more bearable to watch in the 50th...

I guess the Moff's writing/take on the 10th doctor is more to my taste then Russel T's



I really wish he had stayed for at least one season with moffat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just Scott
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:01 am

While watching this episode, it dawned on me - if 10 married Queen Eleizabeth & had the paintng commissioned, why did Queen Victoria not know him in Tooth & Claw?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Ironmac
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 568
Age : 50
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:09 pm

That's a valid thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil
RANK: Keeper of Traken


Number of posts : 5982
Age : 50
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:12 pm

...cuz Moff's writing as showrunner is sloppy?...and only serves the moment he's in...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 2155
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Just Scott wrote:
While watching this episode, it dawned on me - if 10 married Queen Eleizabeth & had the paintng commissioned, why did Queen Victoria not know him in Tooth & Claw?
The painting was in the Underbasement out of view.  Queen Victoria sees quite a few paintings and wouldn't have noticed that a odd man standing out in the wilderness bears a striking resemblance to one portrait that is hardly ever seen.  Sometimes when there is bigger stuff going on you don't immediately recognize an unfamiliar face.

Just a guess. I know I've seen paintings of James K. Polk but I'm not sure if I'd recognize him on the street having never met him or heard his voice before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:49 pm

squishy wrote:
Just Scott wrote:
While watching this episode, it dawned on me - if 10 married Queen Eleizabeth & had the paintng commissioned, why did Queen Victoria not know him in Tooth & Claw?
The painting was in the Underbasement out of view.  Queen Victoria sees quite a few paintings and wouldn't have noticed that a odd man standing out in the wilderness bears a striking resemblance to one portrait that is hardly ever seen.  Sometimes when there is bigger stuff going on you don't immediately recognize an unfamiliar face.

Just a guess.  I know I've seen paintings of James K. Polk but I'm not sure if I'd recognize him on the street having never met him or heard his voice before.

That's true. It's a painting after all, not a 1080p HD photograph. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9510
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)   Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 pm

And memories of faces is a long way from perfect. Having seen a single photo of someone, I still find it difficult to recognize them when I see them for the first time. It is why police carry mugshots of wanted people with them while they search.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
S7E15: The Day of the Doctor [50th Anniversary] (SPOILERS)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: