Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

067 - Frontier in Space

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Rate this Story (5 Stars Being Best)
1 Star
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
2 Star
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
3 Star
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
4 Star
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
5 Star
50%
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Who North America

Number of posts : 5671
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: 067 - Frontier in Space   Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 am

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6287
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 067 - Frontier in Space   Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 pm

One of the best Doctor Who stories ever, in my opinion.

It's full of deception, political intrigue, paranoia, seeds of war, the return of the Master, fascinating new aliens, returning old ones, and rich new characters you don't know if you can trust or not. Better still...the real truth behind this political plot for war isn't revealed until the very end of the story, leading directly into the next serial for it's conclusion. A perfect storm of sci-fi drama and a high water mark for the series. I can't gush about this one enough.

I have to say that I thought the Draconians' makeup and costumes were superb - one of the best in the entire series. It's a pity we never saw the them again. They were a quite interesting and noble race.

Sadly, this would be the last appearance of Roger Delgado as the Master. He was killed in a car crash several months later.

This is one of the very best and one of my all time favorites. I could watch this one every week.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Scary

Number of posts : 7485
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 067 - Frontier in Space   Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:13 pm

A great story and one of my new favourites! This is rather like a political thriller. There's action, the danger of war, there's drama and it flows at a nice fast pace which meant I never lost interest.

The Master is a gem in this story. I am really sad that this is the last time I will ever get to see new footage of Delgado (well, new for me anyway, I haven't watched these stories before!), it truly is a tragedy that we lost him at such an early age. Roger Delgado is the Master and I don't think I'll be able to enjoy the other incarnations of him quite as much as I have enjoyed Delgado's, even with John Simm being my first. Once again, Delgado gave an excellent performance in this story, one of his best.

Great story. One of the best of Pertwee's era.

4/5 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

067 - Frontier in Space
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Ten - Third Doctor-
Jump to: