Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

054 - Inferno

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Rate this Story (5 Stars Being Best)
1 Star
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
2 Star
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
3 Star
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
4 Star
63%
 63% [ 5 ]
5 Star
37%
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Who North America

Number of posts : 5672
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: 054 - Inferno   Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6347
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 054 - Inferno   Wed May 01, 2013 1:55 pm

All-time classic and another high-water mark for the Third Doctor's debut season - if not all of his tenure.

An otherwise long story cleverly broken up by a trip to an alternate universe where the worst eventually happens - with evil, sadistic alternative versions of some of our heroes! The Primord's makeup looks more like a green werewolf than anything else, but what does it matter when the story is sooooo good?!

Sadly, this is the last story to feature Liz Shaw. She leaves the series between seasons so she isn't even given a farewell. She is mentioned in the first episode in the next year to have gone back to Cambridge.

Bye, Liz. Rest in peace, Carry. Thanks for everything. Sad

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7485
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 054 - Inferno   Fri May 30, 2014 7:38 am

It just gets better, doesn't it? Loved this story. By no means is the 'evil alternate universe' a new concept, but it sure is awesome to see, especially when it's of characters we know and love. There were great scenes for everyone, especially 'Brigade Leader Lethbridge-Stewart' and 'Section Leader Elizabeth Shaw'. Razz

It's annoying that this is all we get of Liz. She's my favourite of Pertwee's companions. She was a feisty, free-thinking and intelligent woman that I imagine was a great role model to young female viewers. I wish she'd had more time on the show. However, I'm glad that all of her time on the show is not only a full collection of brilliant stories but also brilliant displays of her character and Caroline John's great talent of acting. She is certainly missed, both on screen and off.

4 stars. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

054 - Inferno
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Seven - Third Doctor-
Jump to: