Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Rate S7E12: The Crimson Horror
Fantastic!
24%
 24% [ 6 ]
Good
44%
 44% [ 11 ]
Okay...
24%
 24% [ 6 ]
Bad
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Awful!
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Sun May 05, 2013 6:14 pm

After These lovely attempts at episodes this half of Season 7 (sarcastic)

They should make the Vastra Jenny and Strax Show !!!!

Strax Stole the Episode !!! Ditch Clara And Take Strax!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5898
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Sun May 05, 2013 6:34 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
After These lovely attempts at episodes this half of Season 7 (sarcastic)

They should make the Vastra Jenny and Strax Show !!!!

Would love a spinoff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 pm

rmlextreme wrote:

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KIRKESS

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Mon May 06, 2013 7:32 pm

I wounder what will be the form of the plot device Clara's photo will take.

It can take on a "confrontation" between Clara and the Doctor when she realizes that her hair style is not the curly one.

or at the other extreme:

It can be a"middle man" due to a "theft" of data from the Tardis. That photo was the one the Doctor was looking at in his end scene of the Snowman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Mon May 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Hmmm Here is a thought going back to the Great Intelligence. Is it possible the this Great intelligence is the Galifrey Version of the Brain interactive Construct aka Brainiac that Jar-el made in the superman comics? Maybe the doctor is the creator of it?? Im sure someone could articulate this better lol thank you. These shows steal ideas soooooooooo. The Silence looked like the Gentleman in the Buffy Vampire Hush Episode
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 pm

I was confused by Mrs. Gillyflower's plan. Were the people she had preserved under giant bell jars going to be revived once she'd killed everyone else? Were her minions already dipped?
Jenny kicking ass was awesome, but her wife didn't have much to do. Strax was hilarious as usual.
"These are the wrong hands" was the most adorable line. I'm glad she didn't get off lightly just for being an old lady.
Fainting guy & Thomas Thomas were groanworthy.
The Doctor being able to fix himself & Clara with the screwdriver was a cop out.
The flashback was well done.
I was confused that the Doctor had to remind Ada that her mom had blinded her rather than her dad as she didn't appear to have repressed or forgotten the rest of her mom's abuse.
I wish the Doctor would've made some headway on the Clara mystery with Vastra & Jenny instead of shrugging it off.
The last scene was annoying. How'd the kids find all those professional looking photos of time travelling Clara on the web? It would've made more sense if Clara taking photos of her travels had been established. Their threats to out her as a time traveller felt really toothless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Mon May 06, 2013 9:52 pm

well it creates the story line for another Blah episode similar to the sarah jane show????

They just need to end this story line its just getting old very very fast

I found a Show that is blowing this away this season Called ARROW on the CW. They even have a Back story which is cool as Heck

Oliver Queen meets Clara naaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Mon May 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Were the people she had preserved under giant bell jars going to be revived once she'd killed everyone else? Were her minions already dipped?

The Doctor being able to fix himself & Clara with the screwdriver was a cop out.

I was confused that the Doctor had to remind Ada that her mom had blinded her rather than her dad as she didn't appear to have repressed or forgotten the rest of her mom's abuse.

1. Yes and Yes

2. I think people are getting confused with that. I think he just used the screwdriver to get the machine to release the smoke and fix them. When hes inside and it glows green its because hes in a small dark container and the smoke just looks green from the glow.

3. And I was under the impression she had forgotten what happened with her eyes and her mother had just filled in the blanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1653
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Scary wrote:

I was a bit upset to see Jenny sexually objectified so much though. Once again, this is supposed to be a family show. Children ages 12 and under are watching this. I'm getting quite bored and sick of it. The scene where the Doctor looks at Jenny in the skin-tight catsuit, pulls a face and moves his sonic screwdriver in a suggestive way was just unsettling and cringe-y.

You read WAY more into that than I did. We barely saw Jenny in her action outfit, and I saw the Doctor's actions as more, "Gee, I wish I wasn't so superfluous right now," than as suggestive. But I guess these things are in the eye of the beholder.

Fun episode. Creepy atmosphere, strong use of the period, some fun bits for the supporting characters...it all felt just a smidge rushed, but that's OK...I enjoy that now and then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Tue May 07, 2013 1:01 am

The Doctor shamelessly kissing Jenny without her consent was far more cringeworthy than Jenny kicking ass in her Victorian catsuit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Tue May 07, 2013 11:11 am

mysterylad wrote:
Scary wrote:

I was a bit upset to see Jenny sexually objectified so much though. Once again, this is supposed to be a family show. Children ages 12 and under are watching this. I'm getting quite bored and sick of it. The scene where the Doctor looks at Jenny in the skin-tight catsuit, pulls a face and moves his sonic screwdriver in a suggestive way was just unsettling and cringe-y.

You read WAY more into that than I did. We barely saw Jenny in her action outfit, and I saw the Doctor's actions as more, "Gee, I wish I wasn't so superfluous right now," than as suggestive. But I guess these things are in the eye of the beholder.

It's not the outfit I quarrel with, it's the Doctor's reaction to it. Good point though, I can see what you mean about him perhaps feeling superfluous. However, I would say that him moving the sonic screwdriver in that creepy way as he looked her up and down was undeniably suggestive, IMO. Perhaps him looking her up and down could be perceived as him feeling superfluous and redundant, but I'm not sure how you could interpret the movement of his sonic screwdriver in such a way.

I don't know, maybe I am looking too far into it, but it did seem very euphemistic to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Tue May 07, 2013 11:47 am

1000 of Years of not Getting Any would get to anyone Even a Timelord lol, even though Jenny plays for the other Team:). No problem sitting in the visitors section lol

Poor Mr Spock is every Seven Years.

Now you all know Character options is already bottling the Red ooze for Christmas !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5984
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Tue May 07, 2013 11:48 am

Sadly, this is what Doctor Who has become since its return.

Companions and Doctors now have a more overt attraction to each other, except for 10 and Donna. The days of simply being traveling companions is over. Like Clara calls it, the TARDIS is a snog-box.

There seems to be no stopping it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Tue May 07, 2013 6:30 pm

I thought he just closed the sonic when he saw her kicking *** and decided he didn't need it. At least that is what I saw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5984
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm a little surprised that, apart from a mention from neogeo, nobody has commented on how great Diana Rigg was. I thought she played a rather nasty old crone superbly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Tue May 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Well, it is Diana Rigg!! Of course she was awesome! Have you seen her on Game of Thrones? She is amazing there too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1653
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Thu May 09, 2013 9:39 am

Ronpur wrote:
I thought he just closed the sonic when he saw her kicking *** and decided he didn't need it. At least that is what I saw.

That's all I saw, too. It probably would've been more obvious if the actress had had more ***-kicking skills; instead, the editing focuses on the Doctor's reaction to her ***-kicking rather than the ***-kicking itself, because there was really very little onscreen action. Limitations of the budget, the shooting timetable, and the players, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 am

I didn't like this one as much as the two episode before it. Still a decent episode, but I was somewhere between "Okay" and "Good" so I gave it an okay.

I still don't quite understand Gillyflower's goal. Were the people under the bell jars going to be released once everyone had been "dipped" or whatever? And what was the purpose of keeping in the bell jar at all? To preserve them? I was confused.

The kissy Doctor; I know today's youth are all sexed up and horn dogged far worse than previous generations, but is the idea of The Doctor shagging companions REALLY what has to be done to keep their attention?? Maybe it's because I started watching Doctor Who at such a young age and always viewed the character as a fatherly or grandfatherly type, but until Amy Pond, the idea of The Doctor getting it on with companions had never occurred to me. Now it's thrown in your face every other episode. It's just disappointing. Incredibly disappointing.

I was also surprised by how little The Doctor seemed to care about Ada killing Mr Sweet. The Doctor used to feel really strongly about only destroying a species when absolutely necessary...when there was no other option. He would give ultimatums and feel remorse when forced to kill. Now it's just kind of like "Meh...killed another alien. Whatever."

And this was another episode that threw a log onto the fire of my theory about Moffat pandering to Tumblr with all the crossovers and such. They're really pushing the Mary Poppins element with Clara.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)   Today at 4:05 am

Back to top Go down

S7E12: The Crimson Horror (SPOILERS)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: