Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rate S7E14: The Name of the Doctor
Fantastic!
57%
 57% [ 25 ]
Good
30%
 30% [ 13 ]
Okay...
11%
 11% [ 5 ]
Bad
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Awful!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 44

AuthorMessage
Scary

Number of posts: 7130
Registration date: 2010-11-12

PostSubject: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:06 am

Last edited by Scary on Sat May 18, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts: 6831
Registration date: 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:14 am

The TARDIS window is broken!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts: 1557
Registration date: 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 am

Reveal it to River and tie off that story arc.

Don't reveal it to the audience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Rust wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo

Number of posts: 2158
Registration date: 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Scary wrote:
Rust wrote:

Yarp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:46 pm

RUMPLESTILSKIN!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad

Number of posts: 1621
Registration date: 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 am

I hope nobody seriously believes they'll reveal the Doctor's name to the audience. Nobody at the Beeb is that bloody stupid.

Take away the character's key mystery, and the character's appeal with plummet. Everyone involved with the show knows that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Caretaker maine

Number of posts: 19
Registration date: 2013-02-23

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:47 pm

I thought they told us back in one of the old shows, the old Master called out his name, it was either the 3rd or 4 Dr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts: 3214
Registration date: 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Caretaker maine wrote:
I thought they told us back in one of the old shows, the old Master called out his name, it was either the 3rd or 4 Dr
Nope, it was the other way around and it was just an expletive that Pertwee would say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

Number of posts: 756
Registration date: 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:12 am

In one of the chapters to the Key to Time the 4th Doctor Ran into one of his old classmates from Prydron academy. I believe in the episode the persons name was Drax and he Shrunk the doctor.

In the Episode i recall Drax Calling him "Sigma Alpha" or just "Sigma", but that could have been his graduation Class.

My avatar is a photo of Drax and Doc 4

Personally i think The Doctor when we first met him appeared old to us but he was Young in Timelord Years (sounds like an alpo commercial Bark Dr lol). I think his identity revolves around He and Susan Running away. "He took Susan away from her parents just fled" one of which was his son or daughter. Maybe his son or daughter were Evil. It must of been bad cause he had just about zero clue how to even fly the tardis.

in looking back to the mystery woman in the End of time i think that has to be Susan or her mother.

I think Clara was scattered in time By the Timelords or Silence cause through her connection to the great intelligence She Knows his name in her Head. silence will fall when the name is revealed. Moffat drilled that into our heads

Rivers Diary most likely will have Clara in it and River will know she is a threat

And I want to see River and Clara have a Cat Fight with jello if possible Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:12 pm

"Thete?"

"It is, Theta Sigma!"
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Thank you Whoosier, I could only remember the Sigma part, i do not have it on DVD and google and bing where no help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:55 pm

The 7th Doctor also references it in The Happiness Patrol where he says that is what he was called at University.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Good Catch,

With Moffat expect the unexpected.

I would this also The Tardis seems to not like Clara like it senses something about her.
This latest episode i think the only reason the Tardis was agreeable was to help Her Doctor.

Coming Soon With Michael Buffer the Ring Announcer

In one Corner wearing the Blue Thong Dr River Song!!!! and in the other Corner in the Red Clara !!! Leeeeets Gettttt Readddy to Rummmmbleeee !!!!!!!

(I use to think Peri was ultra hot but she is probably 100 by now lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts: 9035
Registration date: 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:11 pm

"ΘΣ" was also on the 7th Doctor's calling card in Remembrance of the Daleks and on the message River wrote on the mountain side for the Doctor in that episode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Great one to watch!

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo

Number of posts: 6831
Registration date: 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 am

I saw a spoiler that made me freak out today...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 am

jaredofmo wrote:
I saw a spoiler that made me freak out today...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sun May 12, 2013 3:41 pm

BBCA recently put the full series 7 boxset out on sale recently, meaning that some people have already seen the finale... However, the BBC have made this statement:

Quote :
"We understand that a small number of US fans have received in error their DVD edition of Series 7 Part 2 early. We respectfully ask those fans not to divulge information or post content publicly so that fellow fans who have yet to see the episodes do not have their viewing pleasure ruined.

If everyone keeps the secrets safe until next Saturday we will release a special new clip featuring material of the Tenth AND Eleventh Doctor!"

SO REMAIN SILENT, EVERYONE! I want that 50th anniversary clip! Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sun May 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Next week's Doctor Who finale 'The Name of the Doctor' has been leaked.

The episode is featured on the Series 7 Part 2 Blu-ray release, which was accidentally dispatched early to fans in the US over the weekend.

It emerged earlier today (May 12) that fans who had pre-ordered the boxset in the US had received the Blu-ray before the final two episodes of the current series had been transmitted.

Edward Russell, the BBC Brand Manager for Doctor Who, tweeted about the incident and urged those who had received the episodes to not spoil other fans.

He posted: "Production error in US means DW bluray shipped early. Let's hope no one spoils it for those who want to enjoy it together on Sat. Please RT."

The show's official Twitter account has also posted a message concerning the leak. They too urged fans to consider the enjoyment of others before posting spoilers.

They tweeted: "Some US DVDs of this series have gone out early. The #DoctorWho team would be hugely grateful if fans helped keep spoilers off the net."

They continued: "Steven Moffat has promised if fans help keep the finale's secrets, we'll release a special video featuring Matt & David right after the ep!"

A three-minute prequel for 'The Name of the Doctor' was released by the BBC following the conclusion of last night's episode 'Nightmare in Silver'. It features the Doctor (Matt Smith) and Clara (Jenna Louise Coleman) admitting how little they know of each other.

Executive producer Steven Moffat has teased the finale episode, saying that the episode will "change the course of Who forever".

It is thought that the episode will directly lead in to the 50th anniversary special episode, which is scheduled to air on November 23.

'The Name of the Doctor' airs next Saturday (May 18) at 7pm on BBC One.

Watch the episode's prequel 'She Said, He Said' below:
Back to top Go down
Rocco

Number of posts: 313
Registration date: 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sun May 12, 2013 9:32 pm

For anyone who has a twitter, do not mention DW at all. There is a bot who is spoiling the finale for everyone. I learned to late and its already been spoiled for me :/ just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

Number of posts: 1010
Registration date: 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Sun May 12, 2013 11:30 pm

I think Matt Smith will fight the Master, who regenerates into John Harrison, and goes off to kill Kirk. 11th Doc will have to hop into the alternate 'Trek universe' to fight him. SURPRISE CROSSOVER, which will continue in November with Spock and Uhura traveling with the Doctor, and Clara staying on board the Enterprise due to her crush on Kirk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts: 1128
Registration date: 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Mon May 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Rocco wrote:
For anyone who has a twitter, do not mention DW at all. There is a bot who is spoiling the finale for everyone. I learned to late and its already been spoiled for me :/ just a heads up.

Thank GOD something has come along to wean me off of following the Twitter accounts of female pro wrestlers. (They do love the Doc, you know.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Tue May 14, 2013 6:42 am

I am starting to get the feeling that this episode is part 1 of the November Special.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)   Tue May 14, 2013 6:51 am

Is this Bessie's Horn behind this mirror?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

S7E14: The Name of the Doctor (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum ::  :: -