Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

The name of the last episode this series is...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jonwes

Number of posts : 4623
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:19 am

What do you guys think?!?! I'm expecting a "fake-out" here but who knows...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 am

I better be a fake out. Because if it's true, Moffat's gonna become the most despised writer for Doctor Who ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 am

Honestly, why do we need to know his name. The appeal has always been about a mysterious time traveler and his journeys with companions. Giving a bit of background to him is fine but enough already. Go back to focusing on adventures and not with mysteries surrounding companions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:49 am

"So, wait, Doctor... what you've been hiding... running from all your life... is that your name is Eugene?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 am

Calixar wrote:
"So, wait, Doctor... what you've been hiding... running from all your life... is that your name is Eugene?"

LOL

I believe that his name is, actually, Dave & he never went to any Medical School!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D84

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:26 am

His real name is...Loretta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2669
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:00 pm

There is no way his name will be revealed to the audience. Think about it.

The Doctor's Daughter was not actually the Doctor's daughter.
The Doctor's Wife wasn't actually the Doctor's wife.
I am sure The Name of the Doctor will not yield anything of the sort to us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D84

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:02 pm

To be honest, I don't care about the Doctor's real name. It's totally irrelevant, and would ruin some of the mystique of the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:25 pm

I really doubt we will learn his name. With titles like "The Doctor's Daughter" and 'The Doctor's Wife" in the last few years, do you really think it will be revealed? Oh wait, isn't it Theta Sigma? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5898
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Heh, or they will pull a BJ Hunnicutt Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 pm

The Castellan wrote:
I better be a fake out. Because if it's true, Moffat's gonna become the most despised writer for Doctor Who ever.

Agreed.

And I don't think the whole "The Doctor's Name" thing could bother me any more than just knowing that Moffat will get to be the one who "names" The Doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:39 pm

What if it's....Slartibartfast??
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Gallifreys Loss wrote:
What if it's....Slartibartfast??

GOOD ONE! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 pm

If we *the audience* don't hear his name, I'll be alright with this episode. I wouldn't see it as a cop-out for him to whisper it into River Song's ear, since we already know that at some point she learns his true name. Plot resolved, and mystery for the audience remains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:06 am

I don't imagine the audience will hear the name. That would be too much.

I'm curious what the significance of his name is and how much Moffat's borrowing from the Carmell Master Plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:45 am

Rust wrote:
I don't imagine the audience will hear the name. That would be too much.

I'm curious what the significance of his name is and how much Moffat's borrowing from the Carmell Master Plan.

I would perfectly happy with that. If it is just whispered into River's ear and she reacts, maybe like she knows the name from some legend. But, I have a feeling man newer fans will feel cheated if it isn't given. Us old timers have decades of not having "The Question" answered.

ΘΣ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonwes

Number of posts : 4623
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:57 pm

My first thought was that this would be another fake out ala Doctor's Wife or Doctor's Daughter, but they played those very coyly. This time, they seem to be playing up the fact that we will actually learn something. It's a very different way of Marketing that could annoy people. Again, my inclination is that we won't find out and I'd prefer it. But I don't know... it could play out differently this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:08 pm

The idea that we may find out what the Doctor's name is really bugs me. The whole reason that it's called "Doctor Who" is because he's a mystery. We aren't supposed to know his darn name. It would just ruin it.

Does this mean they'll be renaming the show to "Doctor Bob Matthews" or whatever his stupid name will be? It's just silly. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:33 pm

No, because at the same time he'll regenerate into a woman. It'll be Doctor Joan Smith.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Well, time will tell of Moffat's mail box and email will be crammed full of hateful letters or not.

We should make a betting pool with this. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am

His name is really Thedoctorwho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Caretaker maine

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:05 pm

we all know his name, River has said it many time, it's Sweety or maybe it's the Master
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 pm

It's Grandfather!

Move on people nothing to see here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The name of the last episode this series is...   Today at 3:54 am

Back to top Go down

The name of the last episode this series is...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: