Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Rate S7E10: Hide
Fantastic!
46%
 46% [ 13 ]
Good
36%
 36% [ 10 ]
Okay...
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Bad
11%
 11% [ 3 ]
Awful!
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
squishy

Number of posts : 2155
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Good, but not fantastic.

Didn't Pertwee pronounce Metabelis 3 differently?
Doesn't the Cloister Bell only ring when the TARDIS is in danger (not the Doctor)?
Have 24-year olds seen Ghostbusters?

Otherwise having the monster couple also in love to mirror the guest heros is novel.

Clara is told not to trust the Doctor.
The Doctor does not trust Clara with a key to the TARDIS.
The TARDIS does trust Clara.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:54 pm

squishy wrote:
Good, but not fantastic.

Didn't Pertwee pronounce Metabelis 3 differently?
Doesn't the Cloister Bell only ring when the TARDIS is in danger (not the Doctor)?

Otherwise having the monster couple also in love to mirror the guest heros is novel.

Clara is told not to trust the Doctor.
The Doctor does not trust Clara with a key to the TARDIS.
The TARDIS does trust Clara.

Yes the 3rd Dr. Dose pronounce Metebelis 3 different.

Cloister Bell is a signal to the crew that a galaxy-scale catastrophe is occurring or a warning that they are in immediate danger. In short it is a call to "battle-stations." Though it is located in the Cloister Room, the Bell can be heard from anywhere in a TARDIS. Normally controlled by the Main Logic Junction, the Cloister Bell can also be rung from the Control Room by crewmembers. The High Council of Gallifrey can send a signal that will cause every Cloister Bell in the Universe to ring. Cloister Bells can be found on all TARDISes since the Type 22.

My 6 year old son is a ghost busters nut... ghost busters is a cult classic.
Back to top Go down
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 am

squishy wrote:

I have and I'm 16. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Scary wrote:
squishy wrote:

I have and I'm 16. Wink

Good to hear that Scary is keeping up with classic cinema.

I've put Cybermen, Daleks, and Zygons on my college exams. Only recently did a student even ask if Oleg Gan was a Jedi (?). Oh, what a sad, limited cultural exposure some of these 19-23 year olds have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:10 pm

But have they seen The REAL Ghostbusters? alien
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5895
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
squishy

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 pm

davro wrote:

Cloister Bell is a signal to the crew that a galaxy-scale catastrophe is occurring or a warning that they are in immediate danger. In short it is a call to "battle-stations." Though it is located in the Cloister Room, the Bell can be heard from anywhere in a TARDIS. Normally controlled by the Main Logic Junction, the Cloister Bell can also be rung from the Control Room by crewmembers. The High Council of Gallifrey can send a signal that will cause every Cloister Bell in the Universe to ring. Cloister Bells can be found on all TARDISes since the Type 22.

So why did the Cloister Bell ring this week? The TARDIS and whole universe were in no danger at all. The High Council is locked away and unable to ring the bell.

I think the writer/effects dude was under the impression that the Coister Bell means there is a general danger and it just sounded cool.
But then the whole TARDIS deciding to fly off on its own is showing an enormous amount of self-awareness. Maybe we've got to deal with the TARDIS being a sentient companion able to act on its own from now on. Except when that doesn't make sense like the HADS last week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Whoosier Whovian wrote:

cheers

Ahh, I just remembered that several had said they'd never seen "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and did not understand my reference of a big rolling boulder coming down a tunnel after them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:13 pm

squishy wrote:

So why did the Cloister Bell ring this week? The TARDIS and whole universe were in no danger at all. The High Council is locked away and unable to ring the bell.

The High Council is locked away that we know of. With The Master being there now, it's almost a given the Time Lords will return in some capacity at some point, because you know the Master isn't going to sit fallow forever.

Quote :
I think the writer/effects dude was under the impression that the Coister Bell means there is a general danger and it just sounded cool.

But then the whole TARDIS deciding to fly off on its own is showing an enormous amount of self-awareness. Maybe we've got to deal with the TARDIS being a sentient companion able to act on its own from now on. Except when that doesn't make sense like the HADS last week.

Ooooor, there's more to the TARDIS' behavior then meets the eye.

Remember, somebody activated its auto-destruct sequence back in Season 5. And then there's the whole issue with Pocket Universes and Parallel time lines...harkening back to the ideas of a blonde Time Lady and a little Tin Dog...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 am

davro wrote:
Gallifreys Loss wrote:
I voted fantastic as well. It reminded me of the Classic Who episodes that made me a Whovian.

The episodes keep getting better and better...I'm really excited for the rest of the season and that's not something I've been able to say the past couple seasons. Perhaps Moffat has loosened his grip or gotten his ego in check??

The series has been great so far and keeps getting better and better, I'm glad the ponds are gone, the companions have been the biggest problem to me since Who returned... its been more like EastEnders in space. I did not mind the 9th Dr. with Rose that was a pretty normal relationship but when the 10th Dr. came on the scene the "relationships" got in the way far to much for me with Amy and Rory's deal overshadowing the Dr. towards the end.... Clara seems to be pretty fun, nice bit of mystery around her but in essence a pretty classic companion. If the Moff can keep it on a Classic feel like he has so far this will be the best series for me since the shows return.

With the exception of the Pond's and the direction Moffat chose to go with them, I've liked all the companions of the new series, but I think Donna Noble was the first New Who companion I really loved. She was the first one that was more like the classic companions....always giving The Doctor the business, none of that doe eyed adoration or schoolgirl crush stuff like the others.

I wasn't a fan of Amy Pond at all. Karen Gillian wasn't that great an actress and Moffat just kept shoving her down our throats; The show too quickly became The Adventures of Amy Pond.

I love Clara; I can't sing her praises enough. There's just something about her. She's charming, sharp, and beautiful, but she's also reserved and curious...there's a vulnerability about her. Whatever Moffat is or isn't doing...I hope it continues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Clara reminds me of Zoey.

Which is fitting, since Smith often reminds me of Troughton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timewarrior

Number of posts : 3946
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:02 pm

wow, really liked this one. . .very freaky. loved how it ended too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caretaker maine

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)   Sun May 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Clara is being a little bit smarter than you all thought, that's why the Dr. want to know who she is, and where /who she is from
Back to top Go down
View user profile

S7E10: Hide (SPOILERS)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: