Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

011 - The Rescue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Rate this Story (5 Stars Being Best)
1 Star
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
2 Star
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
3 Star
40%
 40% [ 4 ]
4 Star
40%
 40% [ 4 ]
5 Star
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Who North America

Number of posts : 5672
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: 011 - The Rescue   Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6348
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 011 - The Rescue   Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 pm

I love these tight little two-parters. Vicki is kinda of a "Susan-subtitute" very quickly, though, which is kind of a shame. She sould have been made to be her own character. Koquillion is amazing looking. Overall a pretty good story.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2705
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 011 - The Rescue   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:30 pm

I loved the twist on who the enemy was but on the whole this story is rather claustrophobic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7485
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 011 - The Rescue   Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:12 pm

A very nice little introduction to Vicki. Certainly rushed though. Nonetheless, it's enjoyable! And we get to see some nice character development in the Doctor: his attitude to letting people join him in the TARDIS has certainly changed since An Unearthly Child. The Doctor is clearly becoming more compassionate and more like the hero as we know him, unlike how he was to start with.

I voted 4 out of 5 by mistake; I meant to vote 3 stars. Good little story but lots of room for improvement. Nonetheless, it's still fun, it's a nice way of establishing Vicki's character and it's also great to see the Doctor's character develop explicitly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

011 - The Rescue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Two - First Doctor-
Jump to: