Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:21 am

I know that at least the eighth, tenth, and eleventh Doctors like animals but I can't recall if any of the classic Doctors are really fond of animals.

The reason I ask is that I want to do more story pictures with the toys but I like to include animals and I can't remember who is really fond of the animals.
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:27 am

The 3rd Dr. loved Agador
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:58 am

davro wrote:
The 3rd Dr. loved Agador

Was that the creature he sang to?

I remember seeing a Third Doctor story where he did that but I can't remember the creature's name.

~
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5897
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 am

And don't forget Doc 6 and cats.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:41 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
And don't forget Doc 6 and cats.

7th Dr liked to feed cats as well Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 am

AppleJack25 wrote:
davro wrote:
The 3rd Dr. loved Agador

Was that the creature he sang to?

I remember seeing a Third Doctor story where he did that but I can't remember the creature's name.

~

Yes, the Curse and Monster of Peladon.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 am

4th Doctor had a dog!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 am

Ronpur wrote:
4th Doctor had a dog!!

The tin dog, K9? Does he count as a pet though?

And what about Six and the penguin or is that the comics or something?

~
Back to top Go down
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 am

Frobisher (the penguin) was a purely comic (and audio) companion. He was a shapeshifter though, who preferred the shape of a penguin.

The 9th Doctor liked cats at least. He picked up a stray, stroked it and talked to it while they were in WWII.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:01 pm

AppleJack25 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
4th Doctor had a dog!!

~

I would say he counts as a companion, which is what pets are. Or what humans are if you have a cat that lets you live with it.

Speaking of cats, I am pretty sure there was a cat roaming the corridors of the 7th Doctor's TARDIS in the NA Novels.

And 11 really likes dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 am

Ronpur wrote:
AppleJack25 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
4th Doctor had a dog!!

~

I would say he counts as a companion, which is what pets are. Or what humans are if you have a cat that lets you live with it.

Speaking of cats, I am pretty sure there was a cat roaming the corridors of the 7th Doctor's TARDIS in the NA Novels.

And 11 really likes dinosaurs.

Hahaha yes! That is true about cats! You don't adopt them, they adopt YOU and YOU are their slaves!

Yes, the 11th Doctor does love dinosaurs! Considering the few fanfics that I crossed over with Doctor Who/Primeval/Dinotopia that reaction made me really happy! Though I am still a bit shaking my head over him calling the pterosaur a "pterodacytl" when there is no such thing and then with it obviously desiring human flesh even though it wouldn't have wanted to. But it's the creators who always think, big flying monsters only want to eat humans. There's plenty of other terrifying prehistoric creatures who'll gladly chase them around!

Okay so is it pretty much safe to say that every incarnation of the Doctor is okay with animals and wouldn't mind being adopted? I know if the triceratops wanted to follow 11 into the TARDIS he wouldn't have minded a bit.
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm

And the 5th Doctor was a vet before he regenerated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?   Today at 10:28 am

Back to top Go down

The Doctor loves animals, doesn't he?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: