Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

General Star Trek thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Winter

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:04 pm

squishy wrote:
I thought all the talk was that Discovery would be set before the JJ Trek so it's still in the "prime" timeline.  At least I'm hoping that's still the case.  

I can accept that the producers (and actors) don't want a show that looks like "The Cage" pilot form the classic series.  Designers continually want to "put their own stamp" on things and re-design uniforms and sets.  That I can live with.

But are the aliens in the trailer meant to be Klingons or something else?
They are in fact Klingons, the writers have stated that the design throughout the history of trek has varied so dramatically that any further designs designate family head crests (paraphrased quote) each house has a particular style of forehead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2193
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Ehh, if it's not broke... But as I said before getting top talent means they're going to get folks who want to do their own thing. Sometimes it works like Classic Klingons into Movie/TNG Klingons and sometimes you get Daleks transforming into Fatleks/Skittles. If they keep the Gene Roddenberry vision alive then that's what keeps it Trek versus generic sci-fi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

General Star Trek thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: