Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

General Star Trek thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Awesome stuff!! I love how LeVar signed his "Peace to you".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5965
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:54 am

Fantastic, CA! The cast pic turned out great!

You lucky devil...

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I just saw in a new items listing from a site there will be a 1/350 version of the classic USS Enterprise! The only photos are of the box and not the kit, but I am sure the shuttle bay will have lots of detail. It is listed as three times more than the 1701-A version.

I had bought the 1701-A and that sucker was HUGE! I never built it and eventually sold it.

I'll bet a tribble to a targ that Ronpur will be ordering it.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm still waiting on the 1701E I preordered from Diamond Select. 2 years, 2 months and still counting...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Funny how the TNG crew served together for so long, yet they keep burning through NAV and CON officers Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:18 pm

I am waiting for the new E as well. But I am very well pleased with the first one as well. However, I am a sucker for more accurate paint apps. The BOP and Enterprise B will be mine as well. I will finally be able to sell off my Playmates versions of both ships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I just saw in a new items listing from a site there will be a 1/350 version of the classic USS Enterprise! The only photos are of the box and not the kit, but I am sure the shuttle bay will have lots of detail. It is listed as three times more than the 1701-A version.

I had bought the 1701-A and that sucker was HUGE! I never built it and eventually sold it.

I'll bet a tribble to a targ that Ronpur will be ordering it.

Already pre-ordered!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 pm

I have my old Romulan BOP up for grabs on feepay with a lot of other kits.

Is the 'E' A 1/350 scale version? I would love to see the 'B' come out like that. I liked the tweaks to the miniature for Generations and it looked good, unlike the Excelsior 'toothpaste tube' look.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I have my old Romulan BOP up for grabs on feepay with a lot of other kits.

Is the 'E' A 1/350 scale version? I would love to see the 'B' come out like that. I liked the tweaks to the miniature for Generations and it looked good, unlike the Excelsior 'toothpaste tube' look.

Yes,it is 1/350 as well. And they did an NX-01 in the same scale. I have both kits, but never built them,and may never if I get this thing together. I will have lights in mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:29 am

I prefer the toothpaste tube look myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 am

I got to Level 24 in Star Trek Online, and unlocked the Klingon Content.

They start you out at Level 20 over there. Okay, kinda neat...and then you proceed to spend over an hour running around getting tutorials on things you already know how to do in a location that feels more akin to a WoW City then anything related to Star Trek. I much prefer the condensed nature of Starfleet Academy and Spacedock to this sprawling mess.

Finally - ship selection. I finally abandoned my "Tour of the First City" quest chain to go scope out my ship and customize it...

There are no customization options, really. The ones available require you to pay in to unlock and unlike the Federation, all the interesting ships require unlocking as well (Gorn, Orion, and Naussican ships).

Color me disappointed. Now maybe their actual missions make things better, but right now the Klingon side of things feels more like an afterthought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:45 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
I am waiting for the new E as well. But I am very well pleased with the first one as well. However, I am a sucker for more accurate paint apps. The BOP and Enterprise B will be mine as well. I will finally be able to sell off my Playmates versions of both ships.

I plan on getting the B too, but I'm probably not going to put the preorder in until I have the E in my hands. At least then I'll have proof they do exist Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 pm

I picked up TNG: Cold Equations Book 1 from B and N today. This one just came out, by the amazing David Mack. It is weird that the writers of Nemesis had so many continuity errors, which were corrected by the A Time To series. They had to work hard to explain why certain characters were where they were in the movie. So essentially it was just setting the stage for a story we had already seen.

Now, it seems, we are entering a similar arena, with Mack setting the final stage for the future we saw in the Countdown comic. We know what will happen, and it seems this trilogy, taking place 3 years prior to that future, in 2384, will again set the stage for a fate we already know. This may well be the end of the line for the TNG line of books. As far as I know, the Typhon Pact, Titan, and Voyager books will continue.

If this is the last stand of the TNG crew before they hang it up, I will be disappointed. I knew there wouldn't be any more movies from them, but I had hoped they would keep Boldly Going in book form for a while longer. I hope they don't close the book completely on the Prime Universe. I was 6 when TNG started on tv, and these characters have made up 'my' Trek. My favorite crew. Now I know why my folks got choked up at the end of Trek 6.

At least if it is a final chapter, it is in the hands of David Mack. After his shattering Destiny trilogy, I am eager to see how he handles this return of Data, and Picard's retirement. Also, hopefully he will show how Worf goes back to the Klingon military.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:51 am

Working on some of my new characters right now, the secondary ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm definitely getting the 'Original Enterprise' kit. Still haven't even torn the shrink wrap of the 'Motion Pic' one but 'THIS' is my favourite version.
Gonna give it the Season Three 'look'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Star Trek Online continues to be a enjoying romp in the 25th Century. I honestly wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, because the mission I left off with heavily implied to be the reasons behind the Super Nova that destroyed Romulus.

Also, the Romulans are working with the Hidrogen. There's an alliance I never saw coming.

EDIT: I've also settled on my next ship name. The USS Hornblower will join Thunderhead, Caravel, and Sitting Bull on my roster.

Now the only remaining question is will the Hornblower be a Galaxy or Intrepid Class? Leaning towards the Intrepid, but it's still up in the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:42 pm

So, next issue of the JJ Trek ongoing comic starts the MIRROR UNIVERSE adaptation. Can't wait.

There is also a 4 issue mini-series starting in January, called COUNTDOWN TO DARKNESS. So as I understand it, there will now be TWO Trek titles, according to November's PREVIEWS.

It's gonna be a good year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:41 pm

And STO slams it out of the park. Daaaang.

Spoilers to follow

So I'm mid-way through the Romulan Arc - "Season 2" - and the beginning of the arc has me working with Romulan refugees and colonists to beat back the attacks of Reman pirates and Terrorists. It paints the Remans out to be major jerks - attacking unarmed and innocent Romulan survivors for no cause. Then you discover the Remans have been stockpiling Thetaroyn Radiation Weapons - you know, the things classified as "Weapons of Mass Destruction" on the Planetary Scale - and plan to launch an attack on a Ferengi Controlled, Romulan populated mining world.

Stopping the attack and investigating the world to see why the Remans want to vaporize it (Beyond being the utter jerks they have been up to this point), you discover a Tal Shiar listening post buried deep in the mines of the world, and slowly start unraveling the mystery. Earlier, it was revealed that Remans helped a Commander Taris in starting the Supernova that destroyed the Romulan and Reman homeworlds. She did this under orders of a third power. It made little sense at the time, and feels disjointed. But talking with the Reman Resistance Leader (Hey! Look! A Reman who wants to talk), you discover what's actually been going on is a shadow war between the Remans and the Tal Shiar - who have stopped answering to the Empire and are taking orders from something the Remans call "The demons of air and darkness".

The Reman Resistance Leader lays out all the info he has on whats going on, and then you are presented a choice: Arrest Him or Help Him.

This is a guy who has ordered the massacre of Romulan Refugees and who unapologetically confirms he has a small stockpile of Thetaroyn Radiation weapons and is not above using them. The Tal Shiar, on the other hand, have been massacring Reman civilians for no other reason then to indulge themselves and their new masters, and circumstantial evidence points to the Tal Shiar being the culprits behind the destruction of Romulus.

And now I have to choose where I stand. With the Empire, who nominally still supports and is supported by the Tal Shiar or the Reman Resistance, who have access to terrible weaponry and are not afraid to use it. One would start another war the Federation does not need, the other would cause atrocities I could prevent.

Even if gameplay wise your choice doesn't mean anything, these are the moments I love playing Video Games. A choice to determine not only what I want to do, but where my character stands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:16 pm

JJTrek:

Now, I know what you are thinking. Why is there bookshelves in front of a door? Well, I'll tell you. All of my figure collections are in a loft above my garage. That particular door is meant to lead out onto a spaciious deck in the back yard. Said deck is not constructed yet, so the door leads to nowhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 pm

I thought it went to The Twilight Zone What a Face
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:26 pm

They are doing a survey on cover art to the Enterprise blu rays here...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.568855153130994.151721.122908054392375&type=3

Of course it has to be Facebook... so much for putting in my vote.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Looks like the first 9 minutes of ST Into Darkness will premiere on Dec 14th at IMAX theaters. Hopefully that will make it to the internet shortly after, as the closest IMAX is 2.5 hours away from me. And in Wisconsin winters, I don't intend to drive that far AT ALL.

Also, DW/ST:TNG Assimilation #7 is out. Have to pick that one up, but so far it's been a good series. Next week, we get a Mirror Universe story set in JJ Abram's reboot-verse. I have high hopes, as this is one of the three eps I wanted to see in this ongoing series (the others being Doomsday Machine and Balance of Terror).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 pm

These are destined for either goodwill or a paper shredder. I have some posters and as I am not going to put them on the walls before I dispose of them I thought I would show them off.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 pm

I couldn't get this one all the way into the frame. It was one of those you could order by mail during the 25th anniversary year off of the VHS tapes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 pm

This is the "Cheerios Enterprise" poster you could win when you bought boxes of honey nut cheerios with stickers of the crew and lifted the tabs. It was a two sided poster as you can see.

Back to top Go down

General Star Trek thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: