Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage   Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 pm

In the season finale episode, "The Frame-Up Job" Gina Bellman and Mark Sheppard briefly pose as Agents Tennant and Smith. Obviously a nod to actors David Tennant and Matt Smith.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage   Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 pm

stetsons_are_cool7 wrote:
In the season finale episode, "The Frame-Up Job" Gina Bellman and Mark Sheppard briefly pose as Agents Tennant and Smith. Obviously a nod to actors David Tennant and Matt Smith.

Cool, I haven't yet watched either episode from last night - can't wait to hear the reference! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage   Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:56 pm

There were more references to that in some of the earlier seasons. Like one time Hardison told, I think it was nate, that "I was just about to watch Doctor Who" when nate told him to do something. There was also another big reference when in one scene they used several of the classic doctor's names as fake identities, like Tom baker and Sylvestor McCoy. Somebody obviously likes doctor who over there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage   Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
There were more references to that in some of the earlier seasons. Like one time Hardison told, I think it was nate, that "I was just about to watch Doctor Who" when nate told him to do something. There was also another big reference when in one scene they used several of the classic doctor's names as fake identities, like Tom baker and Sylvestor McCoy. Somebody obviously likes doctor who over there.

I didn't know about the first reference that you listed, but do remember the second one. In fact, someone here had posted a YouTube clip of it.

I really like Leverage, so it's especially cool that they tip their hats to one of my favorite shows. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage   Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:45 am

I want to say that Hardison said "Bow ties are cool" in one of the episodes in the last season.

The funny thing is there are actually a couple Star Trek actors who work on the show in front of and behind the camera, like Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, and Jeri Ryan. But I guess they like Doctor Who too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage   Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm

I've been FFing the show more than usual but the last two eppies (which were pretty good especially the first one) did catch the reference right away. They've been sparse of late in the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage   Today at 10:29 am

Back to top Go down

New Doctor Who Reference in Leverage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: