Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Star Trek Phase 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Star Trek Phase 2   Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:52 am

This is an ongoing series of fan made Star Trek stories. Set in the TOS time, this covers the period between the end of TOS and TMP, covering the remainder of the Enterprise's 5 ive year mission.

The sets are very impressive, so impressive, that Paramont, I think, even borrowed the sets, owned by Mr Cawley himself (kirk) for use in the Enterpise season 4 story "In a Mirror Darkley" for the Defiant scenes. Add to that the past guest stars from the Trek shows, like George Takei and Denise Crosby, it makes it even more fun. Some of the stories are from the unused Phase 2 scripts for the Phase 2 series planned in the late 1970's.

I think this is a well made series, and prefer this to JJ Abram's......thing....that has the Star Trek name we got 3 years and and the monstrosity for next year.....this is more akin to the Trek I remember....and want to see more of, not more junk from the guy who made Lost, which I felt was also bad. Even Mr. Cawley himself talks smack of the JJ film as well in a few of the videos on Phase 2 YT channel.

Here's an episode to enjoy, there's more on the channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uybWdnrcvps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Phase 2   Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:19 am

These are the same group that started with "New Voyages''?
I have been watching them since "Come What May'' and "In Harm's Way''

I really loved "in Harm's Way" as it was a sequel to "Doomsday Machine" and "City on the Edge of Forever" and had a few surprise guest stars as well.

If I am not mistaken, Eugene Roddenberry has been involved in these productions as a sponsor.

I also enjoyed "Starship Exeter" but they have never finished their second episode, so I don't know what happened to them.

There is a next gen era fan series too"New Frontier", but I haven't been keeping up with that. They use CGI and virtual sets, and I just did not enjoy it as much.

Tim Russ also used the bridge set for his production of "Of God's and Men" which is quite a treat for fans. Watch it if you can find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Phase 2   Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:09 am

It's funny how Cawley talks smack about the JJ movie, but he was IN the movie, having stalked JJ on the set and and even gave him a "screen used" TOS Kirk green wrap around uniform shirt. What he didn't tell JJ was that the shirt was 'screen used' from another fan production (Farragut) and that he was only borrowing it....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Phase 2   Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:36 am

LastWho wrote:
It's funny how Cawley talks smack about the JJ movie, but he was IN the movie, having stalked JJ on the set and and even gave him a "screen used" TOS Kirk green wrap around uniform shirt. What he didn't tell JJ was that the shirt was 'screen used' from another fan production (Farragut) and that he was only borrowing it....

So?

Some of the TNG cast talk smack about some of the Trek films they were in.

Well, shows JJ's a bigger idiot than even I thought he was. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Star Trek Phase 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: