Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5965
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:43 am

At some point Jack has to become a "big ol' Face..."

..but having said that, I'd rather not see that story. Some things are better left to the imagination or left unexplained. Like the Doctor's name.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7474
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:48 am

SeaDevil wrote:
At some point Jack has to become a "big ol' Face..."

..but having said that, I'd rather not see that story. Some things are better left to the imagination or left unexplained. Like the Doctor's name.

Couldn't agree more. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:07 pm

mysterylad wrote:
I would also like to point out the SUPREME FRAKKING IRONY of getting up in arms over a character being recast...on a show the very continued existence of which is predicated ENTIRELY ON THE NOTION THAT ITS LEAD ROLE CAN BE REPEATEDLY RECAST.

And if Jack were a Time Lord, I would not be botthered by it, but.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7474
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:10 pm

LastWho wrote:
mysterylad wrote:
I would also like to point out the SUPREME FRAKKING IRONY of getting up in arms over a character being recast...on a show the very continued existence of which is predicated ENTIRELY ON THE NOTION THAT ITS LEAD ROLE CAN BE REPEATEDLY RECAST.

And if Jack were a Time Lord, I would not be botthered by it, but.....

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1653
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:03 am

The phrase "time lord" didn't exist when Hartnell regenerated into Troughton...and it worked anyway.

I'm just saying, bellyaching over something before you even see it, when it's still in the rumor stage, and when it's related to a show that is ABOUT reinvention, strikes me as short-sighted. It might work.

People said Connery couldn't be replaced as Bond, either. There's another 50-year franchise that proved them all wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 pm

mysterylad wrote:
The phrase "time lord" didn't exist when Hartnell regenerated into Troughton...and it worked anyway.

I'm just saying, bellyaching over something before you even see it, when it's still in the rumor stage, and when it's related to a show that is ABOUT reinvention, strikes me as short-sighted. It might work.

People said Connery couldn't be replaced as Bond, either. There's another 50-year franchise that proved them all wrong.

But now Time Lord does exist, we know the Doctor is one and Jack isn't. James Bond is fiction!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm

LastWho wrote:

But now Time Lord does exist, we know the Doctor is one and Jack isn't. James Bond is fiction!

...so is Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 am

http://www.themarysue.com/john-barrowman-50th-anniversary-doctor-who/
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*   Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 am

I think everyone involved in the show is leaving room in their schedules, hoping that they will get a call......
Steven needs to make those calls!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rumor about Captain Jack in DW *Spoilers*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: