Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Dracula series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Dracula series?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Dunno about this...per TVLine:

NBC has given the green light to Dracula, a drama series based on Bram Stoker’s classic novel, with Tudors alum Jonathan Rhys Meyers tapped to play the titular bloodsucker.
The 10-episode show centers on the iconic vampire as he relocates to London in hopes of wreaking havoc on the Victorian society that centuries ago “ruined his life.” However, his quest for revenge hits a snag when he falls for a woman who appears to be the second coming of his long-deceased wife.
“It is a timeless tale with relevant, surprising twists and turns [and] the exquisite Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the marquee role,” Universal Television Executive Vice President Bela Bajaria said Tuesday in a statement.

Based on a script by co-EP Cole Haddon, the project — which has also been picked up by U.K.’s Sky Living — will be exec-produced by Tony Krantz (24), Colin Callender (HBO Films) and Downton Abbey producers Carnival Films & Television.
Production on Dracula is slated to begin later this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5857
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Dracula series?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:50 pm

This wasn't the one I was thinking about.

Starz is also doing a Dracula series developed by JMS (Babylon 5) and Rob Tapert (Evil Dead, Hercules and Xena).

The project is a unique spin of the classic tale, blending the historical facts of the 15th century Prince of Wallachia, with the fictional Dracula whose story is known around the world and continues to fascinate audiences. "Vlad Dracula" traces his evolution from a revered ruler to the world's most feared vampire, and his slow downfall as he struggles desperately to hang on to his humanity, his wife and his kingdom.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5965
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Dracula series?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm

The ? Doctor wrote:
Dunno about this...per TVLine:

NBC has given the green light to Dracula, a drama series based on Bram Stoker’s classic novel, with Tudors alum Jonathan Rhys Meyers tapped to play the titular bloodsucker.
The 10-episode show centers on the iconic vampire as he relocates to London in hopes of wreaking havoc on the Victorian society that centuries ago “ruined his life.” However, his quest for revenge hits a snag when he falls for a woman who appears to be the second coming of his long-deceased wife.
“It is a timeless tale with relevant, surprising twists and turns [and] the exquisite Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the marquee role,” Universal Television Executive Vice President Bela Bajaria said Tuesday in a statement.

Based on a script by co-EP Cole Haddon, the project — which has also been picked up by U.K.’s Sky Living — will be exec-produced by Tony Krantz (24), Colin Callender (HBO Films) and Downton Abbey producers Carnival Films & Television.
Production on Dracula is slated to begin later this year.

Sounds like a twist on Dark Shadows to me...

Vampire...returning home after centuries...wreaking havoc...until he finds a reincarnation of his lost love from long ago...

There was just no revenge angle for Barnabas Collins, but otherwise Dan Curtis told this story quite successfully...twice. Still, it's more promising than what that awful Johnny Depp/Tim Burton film turned out to be that was Dark Shadows only by name...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Dracula series?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:55 pm

SeaDevil wrote:

Sounds like a twist on Dark Shadows to me...

Vampire...returning home after centuries...wreaking havoc...until he finds a reincarnation of his lost love from long ago...

There was just no revenge angle for Barnabas Collins, but otherwise Dan Curtis told this story quite successfully...twice. Still, it's more promising than what that awful Johnny Depp/Tim Burton film turned out to be that was Dark Shadows only by name...

I still haven't seen the Dark Shadows 2012 flick...glad I didn't waste money on it at the theater.

Dan Curtis rocked - still love to watch the Night Stalker TV movies he did every so often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Dracula series?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
This wasn't the one I was thinking about.

Starz is also doing a Dracula series developed by JMS (Babylon 5) and Rob Tapert (Evil Dead, Hercules and Xena).

The project is a unique spin of the classic tale, blending the historical facts of the 15th century Prince of Wallachia, with the fictional Dracula whose story is known around the world and continues to fascinate audiences. "Vlad Dracula" traces his evolution from a revered ruler to the world's most feared vampire, and his slow downfall as he struggles desperately to hang on to his humanity, his wife and his kingdom.

Yeah, I heard about that one awhile back. Hmm...Starz and Dracula...I'm sure there will be a lot of blood and nudity... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dracula series?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: