Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 The Man of Steel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: The Man of Steel   Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Me earlier today:

"Huh, you know, Jimmy Olsen rarely gets played by a red-headed guy. I wonder who's playing him in 'The Man of Steel'?"
*Checks IMDb.*
"... Why isn't Jimmy listed on the cast list? ... They aren't NOT having him in it, are they? ... THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO SUCK!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guvnagrover
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1032
Age : 44
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Can't say that I'm looking forward to this after what I've seen and read. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

This is one instance where I hope they release the book based on the script before the movie comes out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Jimmy Olsen was just kind of there in the previous Superman movies & Post-Crisis comics, so maybe it's a good idea to leave him out until they find something interesting to do in the sequel so they can develop the other characters more in this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 pm

I really like Henry Cavill as an actor, so I have hope for this movie still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:23 am

Some sites say they may have not announced him yet. Jimmy's been one of my favorite DC characters since forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:18 am

I'm more concerned about Amy Adams not going brunette for Lois. Now how am I supposed to tell her apart from Lana?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:20 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
I'm more concerned about Amy Adams not going brunette for Lois. Now how am I supposed to tell her apart from Lana?
Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 2106
Age : 40
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Trust in Nolan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Jimmy Olsen was just kind of there in the previous Superman movies & Post-Crisis comics, so maybe it's a good idea to leave him out until they find something interesting to do in the sequel so they can develop the other characters more in this one.

What they should do is adapt Kirby's "Jimmy Olsen" for the big screen. That would rock, he said without a trace of irony. Gotta do it soon, while Don Rickles is still with us.

Don't ask...just see it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Jimmy Olsen was just kind of there in the previous Superman movies & Post-Crisis comics, so maybe it's a good idea to leave him out until they find something interesting to do in the sequel so they can develop the other characters more in this one.

What they should do is adapt Kirby's "Jimmy Olsen" for the big screen. That would rock, he said without a trace of irony. Gotta do it soon, while Don Rickles is still with us.

Don't ask...just see it!
Yuck. (I read the entire run of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, and loved it, even though I now conclude that Silver Age Jimmy was definitely bisexual.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I really like Henry Cavill as an actor, so I have hope for this movie still.

I've seen him in a couple films, though I don't know him too well ... but he sure looks great in that suit.

...(that's my only opinion on this movie)...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:51 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
I really like Henry Cavill as an actor, so I have hope for this movie still.

I've seen him in a couple films, though I don't know him too well ... but he sure looks great in that suit.

...(that's my only opinion on this movie)...

The Tudors was the first thing I saw him in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Jimmy Olsen was just kind of there in the previous Superman movies & Post-Crisis comics, so maybe it's a good idea to leave him out until they find something interesting to do in the sequel so they can develop the other characters more in this one.

What they should do is adapt Kirby's "Jimmy Olsen" for the big screen. That would rock, he said without a trace of irony. Gotta do it soon, while Don Rickles is still with us.

Don't ask...just see it!
Yuck. (I read the entire run of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, and loved it, even though I now conclude that Silver Age Jimmy was definitely bisexual.)

At least.

Personally, I've always found it hard to distinguish Conan O'Brien from Silver Age Jimmy Olsen for some reason. Maybe DC's animation wing could adapt the wackiest of the Silver Age stories starring the voice of O'Brien (and Rickles, of course)...

Anyway, the movie...I think a Superman movie without Jimmy Olsen would be like making a Spider-Man movie without J. Jonah Jameson. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:28 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Jimmy Olsen was just kind of there in the previous Superman movies & Post-Crisis comics, so maybe it's a good idea to leave him out until they find something interesting to do in the sequel so they can develop the other characters more in this one.

What they should do is adapt Kirby's "Jimmy Olsen" for the big screen. That would rock, he said without a trace of irony. Gotta do it soon, while Don Rickles is still with us.

Don't ask...just see it!
Yuck. (I read the entire run of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, and loved it, even though I now conclude that Silver Age Jimmy was definitely bisexual.)

At least.

Personally, I've always found it hard to distinguish Conan O'Brien from Silver Age Jimmy Olsen for some reason. Maybe DC's animation wing could adapt the wackiest of the Silver Age stories starring the voice of O'Brien (and Rickles, of course)...

Anyway, the movie...I think a Superman movie without Jimmy Olsen would be like making a Spider-Man movie without J. Jonah Jameson. Rolling Eyes

Well, not once during Amazing Spiderman did I miss J. Jonah Jameson, and I am sure if the movie is good, I won't miss Jimmy Olson either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hitman hart
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1150
Age : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 pm

the only thing that has me kinda scared is the costume. lol i didn't realize how important the red underwear was until it was gone!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 pm

hitman hart wrote:
the only thing that has me kinda scared is the costume. lol i didn't realize how important the red underwear was until it was gone!! Very Happy

It reminds me of The Eradicator a bit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 pm

hitman hart wrote:
the only thing that has me kinda scared is the costume. lol i didn't realize how important the red underwear was until it was gone!! Very Happy

I actually think it's so much better now, without it!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1032
Age : 44
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Saw the comic-con trailer (blurry, but could still make it out for the most part). Looks pretty good - also saw a couple of teaser trailers which were ok, but the comic-con one was better and longer. Hope to see a good quality version soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just Scott
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Saw the trailer before TDKR - looks good!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guvnagrover
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1032
Age : 44
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Just Scott wrote:
Saw the trailer before TDKR - looks good!!

I did as well - the one I saw had Pa Kent narrating. There is another one floating around online that has Jor-El narrating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just Scott
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Oooooh! Need to watch out for that one!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America
RANK: White Guardian


Number of posts : 5695
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 am

I just want to hear the Amy Adams musical number while she and Superman are flying! I hear it will be amazing and far better than the poetry reading in the original Superman movie (with Margot Kidder).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:38 am

Who North America wrote:
I just want to hear the Amy Adams musical number while she and Superman are flying! I hear it will be amazing and far better than the poetry reading in the original Superman movie (with Margot Kidder).

Is that the one that has her dancing with Muppets?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1207
Age : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:30 am

If this movie has muppets in it, I will be so happy.


SUPER GROVER
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel
RANK: Time Lord Chancellor


Number of posts : 5856
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:06 am

Read an article about how they won't be going with the Williams theme. Their rationale was that they shouldn't be starting 'from scratch', then borrowing music from the previous films.

Zimmer will have his hands full trying to come up with something on that scale.

I finally saw the teaser trailer. I'll be waiting for the first full trailer, but so far I am not interested enough to want to catch this at the theater.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
The Man of Steel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: