Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Just Scott wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

The Great Escape is a reality show, with people trying to escape from Alcatraz.

I saw that the other day. It was woefully bad!!

If they were to attempt a Great Escape remake/re imagining - I wonder if they would set it during WWII or would they try & rework a Gulf War kind of storyline?

I honestly hope it is purely a rumour & never gets made. The Towering Inferno, on the other hand, could be quite good??

You have to realize that any and all reality television is bad, networks love them because they don't need to pay actors, nor writers, just get a bunch of folks ready and willing to make complete fools of themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm so glad that I didn't read about this until now.

Just no. No Highlander remake.

Period.

I hate the fourth movie and refuse to acknowledge the fifth movie. I do love the tv show, but only when Methos appears because most of it irritates the daylights out of me because no one is allowed to have flaws except Duncan MacLeod, who is perfect, even with his flaws.

Sassy Methos just makes everything wonderful and puts it into balance. The sixth series was painful and the Watcher/demon arc really annoyed me. It was also really boring.

And if we have a mentor figure for Connor, can it be played by Jamie Sives?! Seriously!!

And for the record, WHAT sequel to the first Highlander movie?
~
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:45 pm

LOL@Applejack. I'd have to disagree with you, I couldn't stand Methos. He was a jerk in the series, and looked like more a jerk in the 5th movie (he didnt' have much time in the 4th). Duncan had a lot of flaws. Tessa died, he was right back to 'dating' ahem. He terrorized english people, and killed innocent people. He made plenty of mistakes, but always tried to make up for them. Actually reminded me a lot of people I know.

It's not how many mistakes you make, but how you move on from them, and try to become a better person. I think Methos was never a better person, and was always willing to switch to whatever personality would save his skin. Just my take on it. I know a lot of the fandom love Methos, and I can't understand why (don't get me wrong, the actor is a good actor, it's the character I don't like).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:37 pm

I liked the series at first, but as it progressed and became less about the Immortals trying to the The One and more about which was sleeping with who I got bored with it. To this day I haven't seen the last season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:50 pm

WHAT FIFTH MOVIE?!

~
Back to top Go down
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Probably that horrid Syfy (Sci-Fi at the time) original film that ended the whole thing by making Duncan the One... and revealing that the Prize is being able to have kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Calixar wrote:
Probably that horrid Syfy (Sci-Fi at the time) original film that ended the whole thing by making Duncan the One... and revealing that the Prize is being able to have kids.

No, no, no... I mean WHAT fifth film?

Like the second Highlander film that many of us refuse to even acknowledge? I only sort of acknowledge the fourth movie. The third was okay, but agreed that it was a rehash of the first movie. I just like Mario van Peebles because he was in another Christopher Lambert film, "Gunmen" which I thought was definitely amusing.

And, to defend Methos, when exactly did you stop watching "Highlander"? Methos might have been a villian in the past, but he certainly shaped up. He became a doctor to help people and sure he's a survivalist, but quite often he's proven himself to be a loyal friend. He even stood up to his old gang.

Just because he wasn't up to what Duncan declared as a level of goodness doesn't make him still a villain. Duncan saw way too much black and white. The only ones he could ever allow to be in that grey area was himself and a woman he loved. But no one else. He honestly cannot accept that everyone has flaws. He even refused to believe what he heard about Darius.
~
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Methos is awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Calixar, watch the ending again (not the whole movie, I wouldn't wish that on Hitler). The Prize wasnt' him having kids. His child was 'the One', what that meant, I really have no idea. The original draft for the script (which they didn't film) called for an end scene on the highlands of Scotland (probably too much money for this movie that was made for $5) having an aged Duncan train his son Connor how to use his sword for fighting. Why he would have to fight, if he was the last One, I don't know. Maybe some more aliens were coming down to restart the whole thing(like Movie 2).

As far as black or white, I guess I kind of see things like that as well. Instead of living life, and facing battles, Methos hid for hundreds of years. That was after he had been part of the Four Horsemen, decimating people and places. Then, when the Four Horsemen returned, he rejoined them, maybe out of fear. See, in my black and white Universe, If I was a changed man, I would have stood up to them, even if it meant my death at the time. He, is willing to do whatever it takes to keep his own head, be it hiding, or turning bad again. I don't see a good person in that, just someone who seems like a good person, until the moment arrises when they can't afford to be that anymore.

As far as the Sixth Series, don't bother with it, unless you are a Hardcore fan of the Series. Series 3 was the Highpoint of the show, with season 4 not doing too bad. 5 was when things started going downhill, pretty much ending up with 6 being the worst (It was so bad Adrian Paul wanted to leave after 5, but they made him come back for 6, but I think he was only in 5 of the 11 episodes or something like that. The other episodes were trying to find new leads for a spin-off show, which eventually went to Amanda anyways).

The funny thing about Series 6 was it was supposed to take place in the future. *Spoilers for people who haven't watched*
After Duncan killed Richie, and was defeated by the Demon in Season 5, it was supposed to jump forward 25 years or something like that. Joe Dawson was still alive in a post Apocalypse world (He would have really had to of aged), and he and Methos were to search and find Duncan so that he could defeat the Demon, and bring Peace back to the world. Adrian thought it was a horrible idea (It actually almost sounds like the 5th movie, which unfortunately he agreed to) and they cut the time to only looking for him for a year, with the Demon affecting pretty much nothing in the world, so it really didn't help the story anyhow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:38 pm

All I can say is thanks for clarifying that you do live in a black and white world. It would be difficult for my view to be seen then, because I do not live in a world of absolutes. People are imperfect as are intentions. Even what might be the perfect intention can still end in disaster. And just because a person is changed doesn't mean that they can't still be afraid or lack courage. People are a work in progress, and that's how I see Methos. Duncan was a good influence for Methos, but still, it is not up to Duncan to force change in people. People should change because they recognize the need for it, not because someone is threatening them with death. That is no choice at all and Duncan is not above judgment of his own. They tried to make Duncan too perfect and in doing so they made him horribly annoying and with compassion only in regards to women and well, himself. He condemns far more than he knows how to forgive and show compassion. That's why he needed influences like Joe Dawson and Methos.
~
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Absolutely see your points. Joe was one of my favorite character's, and the show only got better with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 am

Remakes make me sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!   Today at 10:28 am

Back to top Go down

NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.....................!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: