Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Sadly, it doesn't look like it comes in single releases. Indy 4 has been banned from my house (by me) & must NEVER be mentioned (again, by me!!)

Found guilty for crimes against my childhood (in a non-creepy way!! bounce Shocked bounce )

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be “replaced” by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten.

Attention should be paid to this question of our soul, and not simply to accounting procedures. Attention should be paid to the interest of those who are yet unborn, who should be able to see this generation as it saw itself, and the past generation as it saw itself."

G Lucas 1988 Congressional testimony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5858
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Wait long enough, and they will likely put out single releases, as with the Alien Tetrology and LOTR extended.

That's my plan... not just to initially save money, but to keep that 4th movie out of my house too Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Well, I liked crystal skulls myself, dunno why some folks hate it with passion, but I already have it on DVD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:40 pm

The nice thing is that there hasn't been any word of changes being made to the blu versions. No Lucas meddling is always good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:56 pm

I doubt Speilb.....oh,never mind, I remember 4 versions of Close Encounters now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Oh, and they are not "complete" since they don't include Young Indy!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5966
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Well, I liked crystal skulls myself, dunno why some folks hate it with passion.

I'm not ashamed to say I liked it too. I'm proud, actually. I thought it was a fun adventure. Isn't that the point?

To any haters out there who disagree - don't bait me as I'm not gonna argue about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Same here. I'm a huge Indiana Jones nut... and I rank it #3 of four movies that I like very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:58 pm

I enjoyed Crystal Skull as well. But, I wish they had been able to get their act together for the production 10 years earlier to see some of Indy's WW2 adventures. But, I guess fighting Nazis again would have been repetitive.

I have been watching Young Indy for about a week now,and plan on going through all the episodes and movies in order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
The Castellan wrote:
Well, I liked crystal skulls myself, dunno why some folks hate it with passion.

I'm not ashamed to say I liked it too. I'm proud, actually. I thought it was a fun adventure. Isn't that the point?

To any haters out there who disagree - don't bait me as I'm not gonna argue about it.

And as a paranormal researcher, it had a lot of stuff in it I know of, so it's even better.

Temple of Doom, now that one I found questionable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:30 am

If you look at the Indy movies beyond just being fun adventure romps, none of them really hold up that well. Besides the frequent anachronisms, 3/4 have the same plot: Indy & the bad guys are looking for the same artifact, bad guys use Indy to get the artifact, & bad guys get killed horrifically by using the artifact. Aside from the second movie, Indy could be removed & the bad guys would still get their just desserts albeit on a slower schedule. They're entertaining, just not masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:31 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
If you look at the Indy movies beyond just being fun adventure romps, none of them really hold up that well. Besides the frequent anachronisms, 3/4 have the same plot: Indy & the bad guys are looking for the same artifact, bad guys use Indy to get the artifact, & bad guys get killed horrifically by using the artifact. Aside from the second movie, Indy could be removed & the bad guys would still get their just desserts albeit on a slower schedule. They're entertaining, just not masterpieces.

You pretty much described all of Lucas' work right there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:02 am

The Castellan wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

You pretty much described all of Lucas' work right there.

Yep.which was his goal....re-creating Saturday Morning Serials! He even has the goofy titles down:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Empire Strikes Back.

If he stays on formula, I enjoy his work, bad acting and writing included.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:19 am

Indy on blu-ray that's made my day. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 am

Doctor Detroit wrote:
Indy on blu-ray that's made my day. cheers

It would have been out last year, but Spielberg opted to release the Jurassic Park ones instead.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th   Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:34 am

Also, Raiders is coming to IMAX...for one week!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Indiana Jones to hit Blu-Ray Sept 18th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: