Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

No....just no.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 pm

The fact that Robocop had sequels and all is why I would refer to it as overrated. It's one of the few science fiction movies that I've never watched all the way to the end. It was moronic and unnecessarily bloody. To say it did a great job mocking the corporate and consumerism of America... well... it definitely mocked those things. Don't know if the parody it made of those things is "great" or not. For that, I'd rather see Idiocracy.

Having grown up in the days before the word "trekker" came into use, I've never understood the difference between that and "trekkie." And please, don't try to explain it to me, I don't care. I like Star Trek, always have, I've seen some value in every Trek I've watched. Voyager got tedious after 7/9 was introduced, but I still enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Since this topic seems to be on things that certain people don't want to see (but others may), might I add that that Ninja Turtles reboot movie has been "indefinitely shelved?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5896
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:13 am

jaredofmo wrote:
Since this topic seems to be on things that certain people don't want to see (but others may), might I add that that Ninja Turtles reboot movie has been "indefinitely shelved?"

Which for once is good news on the remake front.

Some bad being that the studio wants to reboot or continue Twilight. Just when we thought the Twi-Hards were about to become extinct...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:29 am

jaredofmo wrote:

Thank goodness for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:38 am

Calixar wrote:
The fact that Robocop had sequels and all is why I would refer to it as overrated. It's one of the few science fiction movies that I've never watched all the way to the end. It was moronic and unnecessarily bloody. To say it did a great job mocking the corporate and consumerism of America... well... it definitely mocked those things. Don't know if the parody it made of those things is "great" or not. For that, I'd rather see Idiocracy.

Having grown up in the days before the word "trekker" came into use, I've never understood the difference between that and "trekkie." And please, don't try to explain it to me, I don't care. I like Star Trek, always have, I've seen some value in every Trek I've watched. Voyager got tedious after 7/9 was introduced, but I still enjoyed it.

Well, they spawned Star Was sequels, and I always felt that franchise was overrated to begin with. Trust me, Robocop was bloody for a reason. I have seen the results of crime warfare, and it's very, very bloody. It's one of the more realistic films. Plus the question given: Was Robocop a man in aluminum siding, or was he just a walking computer with the memories of a dead man?
Plus the fact we see several corporate suits getting diced was rather satisfying. Also, having what Robo went through and what his 'killers' did to him, he had every right to do what he did, and him, along with Harry Callahan from the Dirty Harry movies, are the sort of cops who folks root for......someone who goes out and gets rid of the truly evil bad guys, since the courts are often bought by the bad guys and guys like Clearance Bodiker and Scorpio would be out on the streets in a few days of arrest, which happened, and while not going overboard with the lesser guys. heck, I've noticed several biblical references in Robocop as well, and I'm not a religious fellow.
Only Trek I had problems with, apart from JJ's trash, was DS9, the Dominion War got dull fast, though their reference of Section 31 is very similar to shadow organizations we have today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 am

Yeah, the Dominion stuff in DS9 did get a little boring.

If you ever find the sight of humans being killed "satisfying," you need help. That's a definite sign of being a sociopath. I've always like Hitchcock's philosophy on the depiction of death in movies.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:35 am

Calixar wrote:
Yeah, the Dominion stuff in DS9 did get a little boring.

If you ever find the sight of humans being killed "satisfying," you need help. That's a definite sign of being a sociopath. I've always like Hitchcock's philosophy on the depiction of death in movies.

No, just corporate suits, bankers, and politicians.....none of which are what I consider even remotely human, so it's all good. And I'm not the only one in that regard, when the white house exploded in Independence Day, the audiences cheered, when Godzilla destroyed the Japanese tax building in that 1991 Godzilla film, the audiences cheered. When Harry Callahan shot Scorpio in the leg, the same leg he stuck a knife in earlier, and then proceeded to step on that wounded leg, the audience cheered.

I'm not cheering human death per say, just cheering the slime and maggots that we hate getting what they deserve, since, all too often, they tend to get away scot-free. So, I'm not being a sociopath, just saying what I think, and not caring what others have to think about it. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:20 am

That White House explosion in Independence Day must have had different results in different theaters. There was total silence in mine, until someone said "Oh my God"

No cheering, just shock. I haven't talked to any of my friends who heard cheers then.

Maybe my town was more mature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:31 am

I actually enjoyed the Dominion "stuff" in DS9. I liked the way it examined what happened in the perfect Trek world when it was threatened by an outside force. To me, it showed what could happen in our world if we let our guard down because there are people who want to destroy us(Home Front/Paradise Lost). And it also showed the lengths Sisko would go to to help the Federation win (In the Pale Moonlight) and the horror of battle (The Siege of AR-558). It was the Bajoran religion/politics that I didn't like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 am

Ronpur wrote:
I actually enjoyed the Dominion "stuff" in DS9. I liked the way it examined what happened in the perfect Trek world when it was threatened by an outside force. To me, it showed what could happen in our world if we let our guard down because there are people who want to destroy us(Home Front/Paradise Lost). And it also showed the lengths Sisko would go to to help the Federation win (In the Pale Moonlight) and the horror of battle (The Siege of AR-558).

I couldn't agree more. Proper drama on a Star Trek spin-off for a change. DS9 did it in spades. Best of the spin-offs in my opinion. Next Gen, Voyager, and Enterprise outlived their welcome with the same old stuff week in and week out. DS9 kept surprising me with where they were going with stories and characters. It went off the air with me wanting more. I can't say that about the other three.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am

Likewise, I enjoyed the Dominion War arc, simply because it took Star Trek in a direction it had never been before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Did someone try to use three episodes of Voyager as a way to win an argument? I consider argument won, by my side.

Thank you, I'll be here all week....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Win an argument? No. Express a difference of opinion? Yes.

I happen to agree with CGren, myself.

I thought the movie was brilliant.

Which is my opinion, not a statement of fact.

Live long and prosper.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:09 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Did someone try to use three episodes of Voyager as a way to win an argument? I consider argument won, by my side.

No, I used three episodes of Voyager to express an opinion. Would you rather have had examples from Star Trek, The Next Generation, Deep Space or Enterprise? Those Time travel episodes were simply the first ones that came to mind with regards to Time Travel, but since there were all Star Trek examples, I felt secure in using them.

Yes, I like Voyager as well. Deep Space too. In fact, I'm one of those few people who likes EVERY Star Trek series released, and all the movies too (EVEN The Final Frontier Shocked )

Peace and Long Life.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm

The Castellan wrote:
... corporate suits, bankers, and politicians.....none of which are what I consider even remotely human...

Well, when the day comes that the voices in your head tell you to kill one of those people, try using that defense in court... they aren't human.

I work in a bank!

Last edited by Calixar on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removing un=needed term)
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:09 pm

CGren123 wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

No, I used three episodes of Voyager to express an opinion. Would you rather have had examples from Star Trek, The Next Generation, Deep Space or Enterprise? Those Time travel episodes were simply the first ones that came to mind with regards to Time Travel, but since there were all Star Trek examples, I felt secure in using them.

Yes, I like Voyager as well. Deep Space too. In fact, I'm one of those few people who likes EVERY Star Trek series released, and all the movies too (EVEN The Final Frontier Shocked )

Peace and Long Life.

Sorry if I seemed harsh. If Voyager and Enterprise had never existed, I think the Star Trek Franchise as a whole would be a lot healthier today (my opinion, just like you have yours). Yes, there are plenty of people who liked the Movie who also liked the shows. I understand that. I also understand that the movie made a lot of money, which is why they are doing a sequel.

This is no different than the current state of Doctor Who. I consider myself a fan of the original series (I've been watching since Tom Baker turned into Peter Davison, when I caught the show by accident when I was 10 years old). However, since I can't stand the Moffat era, the Ponds, or the 11th Doctor to a degree (not Matt Smith, he is brilliant, but I don't like what they have done with his Doctor) I'm called: an RTD fanboy, a Tennant fanboy, not a fan or the original series, etc, etc. Sorry I've done the same to you by starting the whole Trekker/Trekkie debate again.

I only watched the movie once, and had no desire to see it again (much like the TNG movies, which were ok, but could have been so much better). Unless I'm dragged to the theatre, I won't be watching the sequel. I'd be more content watching the original series on Blu Ray (excellent quality btw).

Live Long and Prosper, and once again, sorry about being so negative in my response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Ronpur wrote:
That White House explosion in Independence Day must have had different results in different theaters. There was total silence in mine, until someone said "Oh my God"

No cheering, just shock. I haven't talked to any of my friends who heard cheers then.

Don't see why's it's more mature regarding that. I mean do you REALLY love your politicians, who are thieves, liars and killers, that much? Especially given how Americans have so little faith in their government today. If this were to happen, I doubt we'd see much weeping happening.

Quote :
Well, when the day comes that the voices in your head tell you to kill one of those people, try using that defense in court... they aren't human.

Ahhh, here we go, jumping to conclusions. Me simply saying something many others agree with, does NOT mean I go around on my off hours on a shooting rampage, thank you very much. Why is it always that when someone actually openly speaks "our politicians are nothing but blood sucking leaches that out to be thrown to the dogs!", that person's looked upon as some sort of....radical....what do you want me to say? Want me to say, "Our government is great! Our folks, both elected and appointed work really hard to making our lives so much better! And they always tell us the truth!" I bet if anyone in the street stood up and actually said that, he'd probably be laughed at by every person walking by.

Quote :
I only watched the movie once, and had no desire to see it again (much like the TNG movies, which were ok, but could have been so much better). Unless I'm dragged to the theatre, I won't be watching the sequel. I'd be more content watching the original series on Blu Ray (excellent quality btw).
That makes two of us. I did not even pay to see JJ film. Someone who worked on the DVD brought me an early, unfinished preproduction copy. The film can be seen, just no extras, the menu had extras, but the screen would simply reset if you tried to get in them. I am glad I say it that way, and waste money on a ticket. Same as you said with Doctor Who, I think Moffat another no talent the same way I think of JJ, can't stand the ponds, the 11th Doc character and what not. I also feel that this Robocop film is going to be a disaster, like most remakes are, and that Hollywood needs to actually make something, you know, original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:38 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Quote :

Ahhh, here we go, jumping to conclusions. Me simply saying something many others agree with, does NOT mean I go around on my off hours on a shooting rampage, thank you very much. Why is it always that when someone actually openly speaks "our politicians are nothing but blood sucking leaches that out to be thrown to the dogs!", that person's looked upon as some sort of....radical....what do you want me to say? Want me to say, "Our government is great! Our folks, both elected and appointed work really hard to making our lives so much better! And they always tell us the truth!" I bet if anyone in the street stood up and actually said that, he'd probably be laughed at by every person walking by.

No, I don't want you to say that. In fact, I have so little faith in the system that I haven't even been a registered voter for almost ten years. I've just reached a point where I no longer believe it matters. However, those people are still humans. They are sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, mothers and fathers. To even joke that they are somehow less worthy of life because they're in politics, or big business, or banking is itself inhuman.

You say you've seen the bloodshed of modern day life... I doubt it. And I doubt it with hope... hope that you're some misguided idealist who doesn't really know what they're talking about. Because if you were a person with a heart and soul, and you'd seen a person die violently, if you'd seen someone bleed to death in front of you and had a full grasp of just how much blood is in the human body and how that sickeningly sweet, coppery smell burns your nostrils and the back of your throat.... well, if you were mentally healthy and had seen those things, you would not be so cavalier in how you think it's satisfying to see any person die.
Back to top Go down
squishy

Number of posts : 2155
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:49 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Don't see why's it's more mature regarding that. I mean do you REALLY love your politicians, who are thieves, liars and killers, that much? Especially given how Americans have so little faith in their government today. If this were to happen, I doubt we'd see much weeping happening.

I have great respect for our American institutions and can see the effort that our government employs (even if it is sometimes misguided). While it may be nearly the worst system ever created, it still manages to do better than any of the others over the long run. I'm a bit sad that there would be American movie audiences so immature over some mental misapprehension that our founding fathers designed a system to enslave the very people they fought so hard to free from tyranny. You may not agree with the occupant of the White House, but by golly the system must be doing something correct if the government allows filmmakers to portray the White House getting blown up. God bless the freedom of the ol' USA and let's stay ever vigilant and active in our political system to keep that "pendulum" where it can do the most good. I love you

Gosh, I never noticed the lack of patriotic emoticons until now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 pm

squishy wrote:
The Castellan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

I have great respect for our American institutions and can see the effort that our government employs (even if it is sometimes misguided). While it may be nearly the worst system ever created, it still manages to do better than any of the others over the long run. I'm a bit sad that there would be American movie audiences so immature over some mental misapprehension that our founding fathers designed a system to enslave the very people they fought so hard to free from tyranny. You may not agree with the occupant of the White House, but by golly the system must be doing something correct if the government allows filmmakers to portray the White House getting blown up. God bless the freedom of the ol' USA and let's stay ever vigilant and active in our political system to keep that "pendulum" where it can do the most good. I love you

I was going to reply, but Squishy did a good job of summing up my feelings. And you have to remember, President Whitmore was a pretty good president.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:51 pm

squishy wrote:
The Castellan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

I got no respect for our institutions, since for so many decades, it's all about lying, corruption and waging pointless wars and manipulating people, their rights and economies. Our founding fathers are probably turning in the grave, especially the past 10 years with all the stuff like patriot acts, phone tapping and other big brother policy, just for some theoretical protection from a few arabs, they fought for a system that would keep the government from going overboard, and that is happening right now. And if the government ever goes after anyone for a film about blowing up stuff like the white house, they got waaaaaaay too much time on their hands, more so.

And if you mean Whitmore the president in the film, remember, it was a fiction.....you'll never see a president at the front lines of a battle, ever, they'll be too busy hiding. And remember, the president is NOT the be all, end all of the American system, there's like 20 or so clearance levels above him, and those put him on a need to know basis. Regardless if you believe in them or not, the ufo and alien issue was pursued by several presidents, Carter and Clinton especially...when they tried, they were down right denied, and told, "Need to know basis, and YOU don't need to know!", it's a documented fact, and when the president is supposedly the most powerful man in the free world, that right there shows me it's a downright lie, and the agencies where the leaders are appointed, not elected by us, nor can we easily kick them out, those are the ones I am really worried about....the clowns you see on TV political debates and the ever so annoying negative ads come election times, they are a bunch of retarded monkeys that are just there to look pretty in public image.....but they themselves are not angels, either.....I look at hypocrite Obama and Romney, who reminds me of a used car salesman, either one of these two are going to do the same things.....nothing......just help to keep the economy in shambles, wage more wars, and see just how wet they can make the Constitution when they continue to freely urinate upon it.

So, I see absolutely nothing wrong with people cheering at the idea of the white house being scragged or Robocop blowing away a crooked politician or crime lord. They are sick and tired of the same old nonsense and have lost faith in the system, and rightfully so. Misguided, more like deliberate to me, effort does not deserve any respect....anywhere else, that would get a person fired, fined, arrested and maybe worse....stop giving these wastes of sperm second chances, I say. I think we need a brand new way to do things and stop going by the traditional ways, which have shown to have failed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:55 am

Just as President Whitmore was a fictional president, the corrupt scumbags that get whacked in movies are also fictional. They're presented as 100% evil so you don't feel bad when they're murdered by the films' protagonists. In real life things aren't so clear cut. Sure, there is plenty of corruption out there but I reckon the amount of people that are maliciously corrupt is pretty low. You'll never get people in power who are 100% altruistic.
There's room for improvement in the current system, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater in a violent rage isn't the best way to do it. The problem is that the odds of getting a better ruling class after a coup aren't in your favor. The French got rid rid of their spoiled monarchy & ushered in a 12 year guillotine happy Reign of Terror. The Russians thought Communism would be preferrable to life under the Czars but its leaders perveted it into a totaltarian dictatorship. The National Socialist (a misnomer) Party used the Reichstag fire as excuse to suspend Germany's liberties. The problem with revolutions is they end right where you began ... or worse.
If the capital was fragged, it wouldn't lead to a golden era of honest politics. You'd get anarchy. Eventually a coalition of the strongest would end the chaos by seizing power. In an effort to restore order, you'd be stripped of even more of your rights to prevent a similar tragedy from happening. They may even have the best intentions, but the citizens would still be monumentally screwed.
So thinking outside the box is great for creative solutions, but seeing every obstacle as a nail in need of hammering is not an example of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Just as President Whitmore was a fictional president, the corrupt scumbags that get whacked in movies are also fictional. They're presented as 100% evil so you don't feel bad when they're murdered by the films' protagonists. In real life things aren't so clear cut. Sure, there is plenty of corruption out there but I reckon the amount of people that are maliciously corrupt is pretty low. You'll never get people in power who are 100% altruistic.
There's room for improvement in the current system, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater in a violent rage isn't the best way to do it. The problem is that the odds of getting a better ruling class after a coup aren't in your favor. The French got rid rid of their spoiled monarchy & ushered in a 12 year guillotine happy Reign of Terror. The Russians thought Communism would be preferrable to life under the Czars but its leaders perveted it into a totaltarian dictatorship. The National Socialist (a misnomer) Party used the Reichstag fire as excuse to suspend Germany's liberties. The problem with revolutions is they end right where you began ... or worse.
If the capital was fragged, it wouldn't lead to a golden era of honest politics. You'd get anarchy. Eventually a coalition of the strongest would end the chaos by seizing power. In an effort to restore order, you'd be stripped of even more of your rights to prevent a similar tragedy from happening. They may even have the best intentions, but the citizens would still be monumentally screwed.
So thinking outside the box is great for creative solutions, but seeing every obstacle as a nail in need of hammering is not an example of this.

If you think we don't have real people who are evil incarnate themselves, you're going to be in for one heck of a disappointment. Saying there's room for improvement is the understatement of the age. If it can not be done via get really angry and ugly, how you suggest we do it? Once again going to the ballet boxes, hoping that, maybe this time, we'll get someone good? I used to believe in that when I was in my late teens, but by the time I hit my early 20's, I came to realize our votes do not count, plus even if they did count, all you get, if you are lucky, the lesser of the two evils....which I am pretty much sick and tired of seeing. Also, the actions of the National Socialist Party are quite familiar to what I've seen here for the past decade...the patriot act, phone taping, treating everyone like criminals at the air port (and so far from all that particular one is the knuckle draggers that work at the airports found genital piercings, natural blondes, kinky tattoos, transsexuals and hernias and no screwballs with dynamite vests...and America's using those big, fancy cancer cubicles, despite other countries banning them), and this new law Obama, who supposedly said he wanted to undo the damage Bush did, signed that would make the Gestapo policy of the second world war a reality here, and who personally insisted that this law applies to American citizens, and who extended the patriot act for several more years....all for the sake of theoretical security against a few would be terrorists, and other causes, like "National Security", which is, in my opinion, the two most over abused words in the English language for the past 60+ years. The founding fathers have got to be going, "We gave you guys a nice country and you f*cked it up!", while Herman Goering is probably doing the afterlife equivalence of pleasuring himself while seeing what's been happening here. And speaking of everyone's favorite cross dressing Nazi, he said something along the lines of "To keep people in control, there needs to be a threat...and if there is none, you invent one. And when those smart enough come foreword and speak against it and start talking about rights and freedom, you do all you can the ridicule them and make them look bad, by making them look to be unpatriotic, an enemy sympathizer, etc, etc." Sounds pretty familiar now, does it not? To me, the terrorist guys and Mr Bin Laden himself were just bogymen to scare folks into accepting freedoms taken away for protections.....bogeymen in the 20th century were Communists, and look in the McCarthur days of the late 40's, the 50's and into the 60's, where people would actually look with caution around every corner, and even under there beds, for fear that a Communist is going to be hiding there.....as are today's bogeymen, terrorists. And given that we're spending like a trillion dollars on defense and waging wars just with about any country where folks are named Mohamed or Habib, to me it's Vietnam 2: We just never seem to learn, do we? Even do this day, I do not see how all this nonsense is protecting our freedoms.....ironic how we supposedly go spreading freedom all around, with exception of taking away our own, and yet still allowing tyrants to rule, so long as it's convenient/profitable for us....aka China and Egypt. And speaking of Egypt, the Egyptian people were fuming that the jerk they been trying to be overthrown was not put the gallows, fire squad or whatever. I can tell you that, as I am half Romanian, when that big revolt in 1989 happened, NOBODY felt remorse when that Ceausescu guy was put out like the sick dog he was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Ceau%C5%9Fescu my dad, as a teenager, risked his life by slipping past the borders to get the heck out of that place. He was cheering when he saw the revolution of the late 1980's happening. Trust me, when you get tons of volunteers wanting to joint the firing squad for your execution....you're pretty down right evil. Same cold be said about crazy old Momar Kadafi, who's probably have been executed by his public had he not been off'ed already.

And also, like Jesse Ventura, one of the FEW politicians I respected (he banned lobyists from the Minn capitol and when not in session, he actually worked to make a living, not selling out to special interest and so on....he himself even said, "how else you think a dumb cluck like Gerald Ford left office a millionaire?" , said, "It's much easier to see what's happening on the inside from the outside". Plus he himself tried to fight against the the whole airline security rights violations, and until that time, one could do it by a trial of peers, but in this area, not no more...only by a 'panel of 'experts'', and that's fishy, and when he was denied to seek trial of peers, and asked why, all they said back was "National Security".

Something needs to be done, and soon, because we can not survive the next millennium if we keep with this traditional way of thinking, doing things and sitting back, twitting our thumbs, hoping that everything will somehow come out right in the end. Last politician, last president we had that the people respected and that cared for us was Kennedy, he and Khrushchev (his son is putting out some interesting info about this) actually got together and talked, and agreed to creating a joint space program between America and Russia to both go to the moon, where both countries worked together, not in a competition, but a cooperation that till recently would have been unheard of, and they'd share whatever they would have discovered there, and would have pretty much ended the cold way before the end of the 60's. But, we all know happened then.....just 10 days later, Kennedy was murdered, and Khrushchev was kicked out of office and placed under house arrest for the rest of his life. And it's interesting how Johnson, who's been considered by many to be one of the worst presidents we've ever had (he only took part in the civil rights, because he'd be crucified if he did not) really, really looked furious during Kennedy's famous going to the moon speech in '60. And right after he was sworn in, and everyone was leaving the room, a photographer captured a few quick, but significant pictures of Johnson not only with a huge, sh*t eating grin on his face, but he also winked at one of his buddies (PM me if anyone is curious whom he winked at), and had this look of "WE GOT HIM!" on his ugly ass face. What person in their same mind would even smile, let alone wink and be grinning ear to ear on that tragic day when the entire country was in mourning (probably except Kennedy's secret service, they hated him with passion, due to his take on civil rights, calling him a n*gger lover out in the open)? That is not the behavior I would expect, nor would I want to see on a day like that. And considering the fact that the four following guys were in town that same day: Johnson himself, Richard Nixon, George Herbert Walker Bush, and Jay Edgar Hoover, none of which I'd consider to be honorable men, not even close, and four of the most ridiculed men in modern day politics, I'd say....yea, there's evil men out there, and I got feeling if the jerk off bankers who's been causing so much economic mess and ruining so many lives meet a grizzly end, hardly anyone will weep, nor will they miss them in the slightest. We're sitting on a powder keg, and one day, people will go "Enough is enough!" and get really, really angry with the powers that be, and the evildoers who they consist of. Seen in places like Egypt, Libya, the occupy movements (though the mainstream media like Fox and CNN only focus on the folks who don't even belong there, like those upper middle class ladies who wanted to simply weazle out of their credit card bills), the G Summit protests, the Bilderberg protests and so on. No one would have expected any of this twenty years ago, makes me believe the Mayans' take on big changes starting more and more, now.

Thinking outside the box, I think, is exactly what we need to do, if we want humanity's future to be more like Star Trek, and less like Logan's Run or Mad Max, you dig?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2155
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: No....just no.   Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 pm

James T. Kirk would never cheer the destruction of the White House. That man knew his Pledge of Allegiance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

No....just no.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: