Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5856
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:47 am

Guvnagrover wrote:
Did anyone see this past weeks episode of Castle? Adam Baldwin guest starred - it was good to see them together again. Great ep!

I need to get around to watching those at some point. I watched Firefly, Buffy, Drive (was mad when Fox pulled the plug on that one too), Dr Horrible... but not Castle. My mom is just the opposite- loves Castle, but has never seen him in anything else. Over the past couple of birthday's and Xmas', she's bought me the first two seasons of Castle so I can watch them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 am

"War Stories"

Tidbits

Spoiler:

I am always impressed at how good of shape Ron Glass is in. He put on a lot of mass since the days of Harris and Barney Miller. Damnn good for 56 years old when this aired.

Some of the space shots and music cues are so reminiscent of new Galactica. Zoic did the effects for both series, and they even sneaked in Serenity into the pilot (you can see it amongst the ships passing by when Laura is meeting with her doctor).

Injury Watch

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cruel Angel on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5965
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
Guvnagrover wrote:
Did anyone see this past weeks episode of Castle? Adam Baldwin guest starred - it was good to see them together again. Great ep!

I need to get around to watching those at some point. I watched Firefly, Buffy, Drive (was mad when Fox pulled the plug on that one too), Dr Horrible... but not Castle. My mom is just the opposite- loves Castle, but has never seen him in anything else. Over the past couple of birthday's and Xmas', she's bought me the first two seasons of Castle so I can watch them.

My wife turned me on to Castle. Nathan's great in it. The cast has great chemistry and the writing is very good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:41 am

Guvnagrover wrote:

I saw that episode as well, and they worked so well together in it. Baldwin's character reminded me a little bit of Jayne as well with the way he acted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:47 am

SeaDevil wrote:
My wife turned me on to Castle. Nathan's great in it. The cast has great chemistry and the writing is very good.

Several of my friends got me turned on to Castle because they knew I was a writer and given the premise of the story thought I would enjoy it, which was an understatement. I couldn't agree more about the chemistry and writing, and what I love the most is the fact that they have such wonderful guests in the show a times like James Patterson, the late Stephen J. Cannell, and Dan Castellanetta.

If you ever get the chance I highly recommend the Nikki Heat books that have been published.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5965
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am

My wife buys those and loves them.

She also picked up Firefly on DVD cuz she's obsessed with Nathan Fillian. I had a hard time getting in to it when I borrowed it from a friend, but I may give it another go now that she bought it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

"Trash"

Tidbits

Spoiler:

You gotta love it when a plan comes together Very Happy

Injury Watch

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:55 am

"The Message"

Tidbits

Spoiler:

Injury Watch

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:42 pm

"Heart of Gold"

Tidbits

Spoiler:

Injury Watch

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm

"Objects in Space"

Tidbits

River's shiny episode, until the film Very Happy
Spoiler:

Injury Watch

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:29 pm

And finally, Serenity the film

Tidbits
Spoiler:

Injury Watch

(as if they needed to make up for being too easy on the crew during the series)
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Tue May 01, 2012 1:51 am

My only complaint about the "Firefly" series was that the last three unaired episodes didn't seem to possess that "gunslinger" attitude of the previous episodes, something that I had grown quite fond of. It didn't have that rustic feeling whatsoever and seemed a bit awkward for the show.

~
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 am

AppleJack25 wrote:
My only complaint about the "Firefly" series was that the last three unaired episodes didn't seem to possess that "gunslinger" attitude of the previous episodes, something that I had grown quite fond of. It didn't have that rustic feeling whatsoever and seemed a bit awkward for the show.

~

I could have lived without The Message or Heart of Gold, but not Trash. Loved Saffron, and was glad they brought her back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 pm

love the show, watched it all straight through a night and then and saw serinity when the theatre opened. lol. castle is very good too. allot the whedonverse writers are over there producing and writing the show. theres even a scene in a halloween episode where castle dresses up like mal and ends up going to a graveyard in the costume and makes a buffy referance when they find a dead vampire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!   Wed May 02, 2012 5:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3pdj9p6yI

enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The shiny Firefly / Serenity thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: