Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Big Chief products

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
thebreen

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: BIG CHIEF - War Doctor, Eighth Doctor, Clara, Rose!    Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Prototypes for the 8th Doctor, War Doctor, Clara, and Rose apparently were on display at Celebration in London! bounce

I don't have my own pics to share, but you can google and find a few online (some are in sideshow collectors forum). There is a tiny photo on Big Chief's facebook page as well (a group shot of their display. The prototypes are on the upper shelf, with the Tardises.

fyi, Clara and Rose have sculpted hair (as do the male figures) and 8's outfit is the TV Movie version.

The pics I've seen are small, but I think the likenesses all look pretty good, except fo the 8th Doctor.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:09 pm

There seems to be a Captain Jack in the picture also. And the 10th Dr in his Pyjamas!

Jeez, I'm gonna hafta get another job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Could anyone point me in the direction of some pics of the Eighth Doctor figure? I've been looking all over but all I could find was the tiny one on Big Chief's Facebook, and I really want to get a good look at Eight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonwes

Number of posts : 4623
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:07 pm

In my BCS Fans Facebook Group there's a few. Still waiting on more good pics.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcsfans/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crumptonmp

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:41 am

I was at the Doctor Who Festival on Saturday and they had a number of new figures on display (subject to approval)

McGann (TV movie version)
John Hurt
Rose (Stolen Earth version)
Clara (with red handbag)
Captain Jack

Clara was a particularly stunning figure. The likeness was fantastic. Eccleston looked great in hand. Photos often don't do these figures justice.

I wish I'd taken some pictures now as I can't see that any have been uploaded (not by searching with google images anyway).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonwes

Number of posts : 4623
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks to a fantastic friend who attended the Con, I was actually able to get one of the 12th Doctor exclusives! I'm so hugely appreciative. I really didn't think I would have a chance at this.The red on the back of the waistcoat was such a cool surprise. The sunglasses were borrowed from Hawkeye. Still need to find some good ones for him. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:10 am

Here's a pic of the upcoming War Doctor from Big Chief!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2669
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:38 am

He looks brilliant. Especially the costume.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1219
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:43 am

Likeness is fantastic. I can hear him grumping about timey wimey and mid life crises.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Take a look at Big Chief's Facebook page and you'll see pics of the new Rose and Clara figures.

https://www.facebook.com/BigChiefStudiosLimited/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redfern

Number of posts : 1203
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:46 pm

Just received an e-mail from Big Chief requesting the shipping charge for the 11th Doctor TARDIS. FaceBook stated they should be reaching their warehouse by Thursday.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mzzkiti.com
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Moly Hoses! My BC TARDIS just arrived (#11's).

IT'S FRIGGIN' HUGE! And it weighs a tonne! Solidly built and very carefully packaged I am happy to say.

I'm letting it come to room temperature before setting it up (found out the hard way that the cold weather makes expensive plastic brittle).

Pics to follow...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:08 pm

Mine WOULD have arrived today, but being at work, there was no one at home to greet the FedEx delivery clerk. I suspect a notice is currently taped to my door offering the choice of a "depot" pick up or a "waiver of liability" for an unattended drop-off. At least, that's what the e-mail notice implied.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:17 pm

The TARDIS has been opened. It may be solid, but the door handle wasn't glued on very well... Sad

My only other beef it that the "lid" doesn't sit right, leaving a slight gap.

It came with a green coat for Dr #11 and 3 backdrops. The door doesn't open more than you see in the pictures and the phone door doesn't move at all. The phone itself lacks in detail when compared to Hot Toys' level of detail.

It's funny, even with the 12" 11th Doctor in the shot, the pictures really don't convey the scale of it very well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Looks like the right side window is a bit higher than the left. Is the door itself "riding high"?

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:16 pm

There's about a 4mm difference. The fixed door is flush with the bottom and the opening door ir up by about 1mm. So there's still a bit of a muff up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Some of us have expressed concerns about Character Options' quality control, but it's frustrating when CO can do a better job with its "Flight Control" police boxes (with more features, mind you) than a company company selling "high end" collectibles.

I wonder if mine will be similarly "borked"? I guess I'll find out tomorrow when FedEx makes its second delivery attempt.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 pm

I received mine today.  Krynoid, I fear you got a "jinxed" piece.  The right side door on mine is properly aligned with the window level with the one on the left.  The door handles feel secure and the roof section sits level without any gaps.

Once I extracted it from the multiple layers of boxes and packing, placing it for display, I felt motivated to finally swap the heads on my 1/6th scale Tom Baker, replacing the gaunt "mopey" face for the more accurate and iconic grinning head.  It took a bit of "boil and pop" to remove the "dumbbell" joint from the head and another immersion of the piece and the grinning head to reinsert it, but I managed it without damage.  Afterwards, I posed him as though he were stepping from the police box plinth to the ground.

In short, I'm quite happy with my display piece.  Based upon Krynoid's unit, I was scared I would also receive a "flawed" box.  Sorry you "drew a short straw".  Maybe you can get a replacement.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2669
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Looks good guys. I didn't order this, but I am waiting for Tennant TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:45 am

I got mine last week too.  Overall, I like it and I'm glad I bought it, but there are some definite 'muff-ups' as Krynoid put it.

The most glaring issue is that I have NO 'St John's Ambulance' disc on my Tardis door!  I e-mailed BC to ask if I'd missed some kind of 'do-it-yourself' decal in the box, or if they could send me one... but I've heard nothing back from them. I'm not too bothered by this personally, as I could print my own logo and stick it on the door if I wanted. For that matter, I might leave it alone because it looks just fine without it.  Still, it was a bit of a shocking error for BC to make.

The phone-box door keeps popping open on its own. It seems like it's hung straight, so maybe the hing is sprung?  I also wish they'd made the interior phone box removable. Between it and the restricted opening door, display options are rather limited. But these are minor issues.

I also have a 'top' that doesn't sit perfectly flush on top of the box, which I find extremely frustrating. The gap can be noticeable even from a few feet away. Leaving the 'join' visible is just a bad design. If they'd recessed the lid's seat (so the lid sat on a ledge inside the box, rather than directly on the box-top) they could have avoided this issue.  

All things considered, the Tardis is way overpriced... but I don't regret getting it.  I know I'd have been pining for it if I hadn't.  I console myself with the great paint job, very nicely designed light feature, extra Eleventh Coat, and extra "Twelfth Doctor's Console" backdrop!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:36 am

Got a guitar for the 10th!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2007-02-09