Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis   Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:14 am

In 1988 a 'novelty' pop single, "Doctorin' the Tardis" was released by KLF / The Timelords. The song is predominantly a mash-up of the Doctor Who theme music, "Block Buster!" by The Sweet and Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll (Part Two)", with sparse vocals inspired by The Daleks and Harry Enfield's "Loadsamoney" character. "Doctorin' the Tardis" reached number one in the UK Singles Chart on 12 June, and charted highly in Australia and New Zealand.

So for you that have not heard this track or seen the Videos with some amazing home made Daleks here it is in all its glory - from 1988 (When I was 4 years old)

Doctor In The Tardis cheers

Back to top Go down
ExterminatedDalek

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-01-25

PostSubject: Re: KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:11 am

I've heard this song several times before, either on the radio on CD. Probably the best DW "remix" I've listened too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:19 am

KLF brings back so many memories from my childhood.

Not saying that that's a good thing though!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5896
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 am

I got the CD single when it came out in the early 90s. Like all the tracks, but the 12" mix is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:36 pm

I remember this. Those boxy "Daleks" and a Police "car".

But part of this song always reminds me of the song that gets played at every sporting event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExterminatedDalek

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-01-25

PostSubject: Re: KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis   Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:20 pm

You're probably thinking of the Gary Glitter "Rock n Roll Part 2" part of the song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:06 pm

ExterminatedDalek wrote:
You're probably thinking of the Gary Glitter "Rock n Roll Part 2" part of the song.

OK,just searched that, and yep,that's it. For years, all my friends thought I was weird for singing "Doctor Who-oew" when they played that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5896
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis   Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Ronpur wrote:
ExterminatedDalek wrote:

OK,just searched that, and yep,that's it. For years, all my friends thought I was weird for singing "Doctor Who-oew" when they played that.

I still do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

KLF - The Timelords - Doctor In The Tardis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: