Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 am

The Doctor and Ace would have to procreate like rabbits if they want to get a sizable town full of Timelords and even then, it'd be a small gene pool to work with. A "New Gallifrey" most probably will never happen.

Eccleston would have to reprise the role of the Doctor again since it implies that he's the one that ended it and I wouldn't mind that one bit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 am

Yeah, you're right, I thought Eccleston would have to reprise his role, there's talk that he might for a 45 years of Doctor Who special 'the 7 Doctors', this might not happen, but I would have thought they will do something to mark 45 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:50 pm

well, it was just an idea. and the idea wasn't that the new timelords would be the doctor's and aces children(i always saw her as more of a daughter to him than any of his other companions). a "new gallifrey" would consist of aliens she would recruit to be time lords, just like she had been recruited..so while the doctor might be the last gallifreyan alive, the new time lords could be aliens. if you're as big a geek as me, think of the green lantern corps, and how they had to rebuild that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:47 pm

I think the series 5 specials would be a perfect place to show us the ruins of Gallifrey/Arcadia/The Crucible. I don't think we'll "see" the time war or a real return of Gallifrey (at least not for a long while), but I wouldn't mind a little more epic backstory stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3858
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:27 am

At the end of Planet of the Dead...

"It will be returning through the dark".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:41 pm

A Time War series like Star Wars The Clone Wars would be interesting. I'm curious what the Rani and Mortimus (The Monk, sorry I'm a child of the Virgin and BBC books) were up to. I would like to see Romana as President and so on. Or how the Time Lords resurected the Master, did they pull him out of the Eye of Harmony. (In the BBC books the Master is still there cause he talks to the 8th Doctor in The Gallifrey Chronicles)

There's a lot you can do with it and still not have it seem like fan wank. I'm not sure if I want to see them come back, I agree with a few comments; especially the Green Lantern comparisson but I would love to see how they got wiped out.

I do believe RTD dropped the ball when he specified the destruction of Gallifrey in the books is NOT the same as the one in the Time War. Now... in the novels, there was more than one Gallifrey to throw off the Enemey (which even though isn't named is roughly hinted to being the Daleks in 'The Ancestor Cell') But yet I've caught some novel references in the new series here and there, like Arcadia for one from the New Adventure: Deciet.

There's a lot of potential there.

We could start a fan fiction section specifically for the Time War. Anyone who wanted to could write their own explanation. It could be fun and allow us each an inside perspcective to how we all view the series.

As Mark Waid once said, "Continnuity is personal... no one says what you can and can't count. There's basic continuity, like the Simpson; Homer is married to Marge with three kids, Bart, Lisa and Maggie. He works at a Nuclear Power Plant in Sector 7G and Mister Burns is his boss, that never changes while everything else around him is in flux."

Personally I take the series (classic & new), books, audios into my own cannon and I'm very perticular on what comic stories I add to this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.christiankern.com
doctorskey

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:51 pm

I hope that the Time Lords don't return. It would almost be a cheat. The Doctor goes through all the survivors and the character development that went with and then suddenly the Time Lords return. Oops, I guess I guess he went through all of that pain for nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:54 pm

doctorskey wrote:
I hope that the Time Lords don't return. It would almost be a cheat. The Doctor goes through all the survivors and the character development that went with and then suddenly the Time Lords return. Oops, I guess I guess he went through all of that pain for nothing.

Well that happens in everything from comic books to soap opera and Pertwee once compared Doctor Who to a soap. I agree but I won't be surprised if they come back down the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.christiankern.com
doctorskey

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:39 pm

I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't be surprised by it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:14 pm

I seriously doubt they'll have the restraint to wait this long, but the Doctor's "final" regeneration sounds like the perfect point to bring back the Time Lords and shake things up. They reveal themselves to enforce the 12 regenerations or grant him more. He spends the next season on the run/trying to find new Gallifrey. Either way sounds fun as long as you keep a sense of mystery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Will the Time Lords/Gallifrey return?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: