Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:31 am

I was re-watching The Runaway Bride and never noticed before that when the army moves in, the guy driving one of the tanks say "Orders from Mr Saxon, fire at will" or something like that. Is that the Master, and is he already in office during this episode? I didn't realize it happened this early in the time line, but never paid much attention to it before Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:55 pm

The unseen "Mr. Saxon" was a theme throughout the whole year beginning here with the Christmas special. Mr Saxon was the Master all along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:36 pm

I think I like the Saxon theme better than the Bad Wolf one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:21 am

I thought they explained it like "he traveled back 12-16 months before the Doctor, Martha, and Jack got back". So he got there, set up the Archangel network, rose to prominence, and was elected right as they got back. Not bad for a year's worth of work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:40 am

well in the first episode of that season you see "vote saxson" posters all over a wall and he is mentioned many times in different stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 am

Yup. Series one was 'bad wolf,' series two was 'Torchwood,' series three was 'Vote Saxon,' series four was am multiple of ones that lead up to the finale including 'the bees are going missing,' 'the stars are going out,' 'the darkness is coming,' etc, series five was the crack in time, and series 6 was more to do with the Silence/Melody/River Song.

Apparently series seven will be less arc-heavy. I'm not sure, as of yet, if that will be a good or bad thing for me, personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 am

Scary wrote:
Apparently series seven will be less arc-heavy.
Found this on another forum (amazingly, not a Who forum!)

"Synopis Treatment for Doctor Who Series Seven. Aka, the Good Stuff pt III" + notes, by Steven Moffat.

Ep 1. The Trial Of River Song by Steven Moffat
In which we tie up the two loose ends of who killed the Doctor, and who it was that River song killed, via a series of out of sequence flashbacks.
New questions are posed like; "Who arrested River?", "Why did she not use the They Made me Do It Guv, Honest! Defence", "Why the 51st Century doesnt have a polygraph machine", "where the Captain of the Tesselecta got THAT incriminating video of the shooting from"and many, MANY more... (most noticeably, WHY in the name of sanity does she need to go to jail????)

Ep 2.The Dalek Invasion Of Time by Mark Gatiss
The Daleks are BACK!
No one has noticed that the moon has turned into a giant purple cube, and that the clocks now read "13"...
Who could be behind it???? And for the love of God WHY are the Daleks turning moons into purple cubes? (warning this last question MIGHT not get answered... or even asked...)

Ep 3. Rorys Dilemma by Barbara Cartland
Rory lite epsiode in which Amys importance is explored. We learn that she is important!

Ep 4. The Monster that Time forgot by Toby Whithouse
Old school "retro" feel to this episode, as the Doctor and friends face a monster that is trying to kill people because its a right bastard.
The Doctor knows how to defeat it, but has he the moral right to do so, when the monster is only sucking peoples eyeballs out through their arse, and cheese grating their skin because its a creature on instinct...

Ep 5. The Doctors Birthday by Steven Moffat
Who could it be who buys the Doctor a new bike for his birthday? And who is the mysterious man who River Song buys a new bike for...

Ep 6. Doctor Zygon? by "Gareths mate, Clayton"
When the TARDIS collides with a Zygon ship in orbit around Earth and sends it crashing backwards in time to end up a wreck in 1877 Arizona and playing havoc with the ships controls and "duplicator" systems, the question is asked, "why are there 25 men walking round 19th Century Santa Fe, who all look like... The Doctor"
Incredible cliffhanger, where the Doctor gets shot in the face by Billy The Kid! How WILL he survive...

Ep 7. Zygon Who? by "Gareths mate, Clayton"
The Doctor helps the Zygons repair their space ship, and the "Doppleganger circuit is replaced with a horse shoe" allowing the Zygons to change into other people than the Doctor... Will the Zygons escape as dozens of angry human beings descend on their crash site determined for revenge for the people they have murdered...
Incredible cliffhanger where Amy gets shot in the back and dies in Rorys arms... how WILL she survive THAT one???
(P.s... check out how WIDE Amys eyes go when she gets shot! A Season HIGHLIGHT!)

Ep 8. The Doctors Bike by Steven Moffat
An episode about the Doctors car, and nothing to do with the bike mentioned in any other episodes

Ep 9. A Good Man Goes to France by Steven Moffat
In a bid to learn more about the bike he has learned he may be getting for his birthday, and to learn more about the man who River may or may not be getting a new bike for... the Doctor travels to small French village of Cocque a la Tete, to watch the Tour de France, where he suddenly realises his outrageous arm gestures and whacky divving about cuts no ice with the locals, and he is arrested for taking the piss out of Jerry Lewis.

Ep 10. The Blue Room by Matt Graham, or was it Tom Macrae
The TARDIS crew awaken in a blue room, with only their emotions as tools they must try to unravel... the secret of the blue room

Ep 11. The Green Room by Tom Macrae, or was it Matt Graham
The TARDIS crew awaken in a green room, with only their emotions for tools they must try to unravel... the secret of the green room

Ep 12. The Day After by Gareth Roberts
The return of Craig Owens in a ripsnorting comedy goldmine!
Sophie has left Craig for being a bit thick, and a lot fat and annoying...
The Doctor finds him halfway down a bottle of Johhny Walker Red Label, and decides to try to help him... by joining in the boozing session.
Hilarity ensues as the Doctor tiptoes his way through only his third ever experience with a member of the human race, learning as goes, but still making soooo many fundamental mistakes to keep you laughing all the way...
You'll laugh till you cry at the pilecream/toothpaste mix up. And you'll howl with mirth as the Doctor stamps Craigs cat to death mistaking it for a Yetimatt...
But wait... whats that familiar potatoe shaped head silhouetted against the Bingo hall wall? And is that ANOTHER crashed spaceship in Craigs life?

13. The Bike That Time Forgot by Steven Moffat
Who buys the Doctor a bike?
Who does River buy a bike for?
Both those question will be ASKED...
By now the Doctor knows the bike he's going to get is blue. So why is River seen on the CCTV at Halfords buying a "Red" bike?
Dont worry though, this River is completely in another reality where they wear watches on their RIGHT wrists, and where anything can happen without consequence.

Warning... The ending may leave you wondering IF the Doctor ever got a bike, who River bought a bike for, and more importantly whether or not the bike plot has been, or ever will be, cleared up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:16 am

This actually had me going for a minute. Does that make me thick? Or just jaded?

Second thought, don't answer that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:24 am

[quote="rdks"]
Scary wrote:
Apparently series seven will be less arc-heavy.
Found this on another forum (amazingly, not a Who forum!)

"Synopis Treatment for Doctor Who Series Seven. Aka, the Good Stuff pt III" + notes, by Steven Moffat.

Ep 1. The Trial Of River Song by Steven Moffat
In which we tie up the two loose ends of who killed the Doctor, and who it was that River song killed, via a series of out of sequence flashbacks.
New questions are posed like; "Who arrested River?", "Why did she not use the They Made me Do It Guv, Honest! Defence", "Why the 51st Century doesnt have a polygraph machine", "where the Captain of the Tesselecta got THAT incriminating video of the shooting from"and many, MANY more... (most noticeably, WHY in the name of sanity does she need to go to jail????)

I realise this is tongue in cheek, but surely the reason River is in prison, is to convince the Doctor's enemies that he is dead ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Love & Monsters contains the first reference to Mr Saxon. When the Abzorbaloff is reading a paper when Elton walks back in, the newspaper has a headline "Mr Saxon ahead in the Polls" or something similar.

Incidentally, Love & Monsters contains references to the first four Series retroactively. The "Bad Wolf" virus affected the "Torchwood" files on the Doctor. There's the above "Mr Saxon" reference and, obviously, the Abzorbaloff is from Clom, one of the "Missing Planets".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:47 pm

@SeaDevil. This had me going for a minute too. Only because, it actually seems like things Moffat would write (more River song stories for children, and more Amy's important episodes).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:09 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
This actually had me going for a minute. Does that make me thick? Or just jaded?

Second thought, don't answer that...

I have NO idea what that is. I've read it over and seriously have NO clue what any of it is talking about..is it supposed to be funny or something? Because I just don't get it...
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Just looks like someone trollin' to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Scary wrote:

I think so too
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm

But I want to watch The Monster That Time Forgot right now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:48 pm

I was looking forward to the Zygons returning!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:49 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Scary wrote:

I think so too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:50 am

How did I know someone would mention Boxxy? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:35 am

Scary wrote:

Never heard of that before and wish I never had!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?   Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 am

Ronpur wrote:
Scary wrote:

Never heard of that before and wish I never had!

She split the internet in half for practically nothing, got hacked by 'Anonymous' and is stalked daily by both 'fans' and 'haters.' People said she was trollin'... Though really all she did was make very hyperactive videos. She's quite the internet 'meme' now. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Runaway Bride & Mr Saxon..?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: