Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 S6E12: Closing Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rate S6E12: Closing Time
Amazing!
39%
 39% [ 13 ]
Above average
30%
 30% [ 10 ]
Okay
21%
 21% [ 7 ]
Below average
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
Atrocious!
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 33
 

AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
RANK: Time Lord Chancellor


Number of posts : 5896
Age : 45
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:35 pm

I liked the episode. Nice to see a character development one. Doc with his attitude towards companions, saving the world, feeling old and tired, then deciding to head out to meet his fate in Utah.

And of course the build at the end to the finale. Can't wait to see how Moffat is going to wrap up this series.

Plush cybermat and RC cybermat. Make them happen cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:39 pm

I LOVED how everything came full circle in this episode. Like for example....

Spoiler:
 
Spoiler:
 
Wink
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Agreed Mattylover11,

The Clerk thought the Doctor and Craig were a couple. OH NO
Mattylover no 2 packs of Craig and the Doctor as a Couple!!!!!


Now we have 7 days to wait for the Impossible Astronaut to Rise.

And Mattylover11(from a league of their own movie) Are you Crying???
There is no Crying in Doctor Who!!!, No Crying!!! lol

I want to ask Question but it has spoiler all over it lol, how do i make the spoiler thing work
And im using a Mac if that matters.

Night all its on again here soon Never Enough!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:49 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
Agreed Mattylover11,

The Clerk thought the Doctor and Craig were a couple. OH NO
Mattylover no 2 packs of Craig and the Doctor as a Couple!!!!!


Now we have 7 days to wait for the Impossible Astronaut to Rise.

And Mattylover11(from a league of their own movie) Are you Crying???
There is no Crying in Doctor Who!!!, No Crying!!! lol

I want to ask Question but it has spoiler all over it lol, how do i make the spoiler thing work
And im using a Mac if that matters.

Night all its on again here soon Never Enough!

Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:50 pm

to make a spoiler click others. then
Spoiler:
 
type inbetween ] and thats it.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
RANK: Time Lord Chancellor


Number of posts : 5896
Age : 45
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:54 pm

rmlextreme wrote:


I want to ask Question but it has spoiler all over it lol, how do i make the spoiler thing work
And im using a Mac if that matters.



Type out whatever you want to say. Then go back and click and drag to highlight the text you want hidden, then click on the 'Others' button in the message body menu above the text window, and select 'Spoiler'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
rmlextreme wrote:


I want to ask Question but it has spoiler all over it lol, how do i make the spoiler thing work
And im using a Mac if that matters.



Type out whatever you want to say. Then go back and click and drag to highlight the text you want hidden, then click on the 'Others' button in the message body menu above the text window, and select 'Spoiler'


Oh you can do that too? HA! I've been doing it the long way! Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9510
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:11 pm

OOK, this has to the worst Cyberman story ever. Yes, they were week from lack of power, but blowing up because of a baby crying!!! These are not real Cybermen,Cybersissies maybe. I did think for a brief moment when Craig was about to be converted to Cybercontroller, that aw,that explains the fat Controller in Attack of the Cybermen, lol. It was great to see the Cybermats again, and love their teeth. I still want the Cybermen to get rid of these robo-suits,but everyone knows how I feel about that by now!

But,I loved the rest of the story with Craig and the Baby. And the way the Doctor fit right back into their lives. I loved how everyone at the store loved the Doctor too. And the end was great. I don't think the 3 kids served any purpose beyond giving Dr. River Song a clue as to the Doctor's activity in the future.

Can't wait for next week!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Spoiler:
 


i was wrong about the Time D'oh 12am for the Rerun!

And Mattylover11 I missed the figures pretty much but more money for the plush Tardis and plush Dalek right? (ok this should have been in the figure thread )


Last edited by rmlextreme on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9510
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:13 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
Spoiler:
 

Oh, nice catch!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenk9
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1313
Age : 45
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:21 pm

I love the name of the cybermat- bitey....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9510
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:52 pm

rdks wrote:
Some spoilery teasers for this episode -

Spoiler:
 

OK, found all of these, except for the TV Movie ones....?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 pm

This episode was great, shows how the 11th Dr don't need a regular traveling companion.... just turn up, meet some one and dive into the action. I know that the 11th Dr is just paying a visit on a old acquaintance but just like the girl in last weekends episode that he gets on well with I feel that the 11th Dr. just needs to travel alone and influence peoples daily lives.

Did we need the Cybermen in the episode - I don't think so, it would have been good enough with just the cybermats... maybe a cybermat fell to earth and was trying to call for help - something along those lines.... again I'm left with the feeling of a rushed weak ending... the "love for his son" killing the Cybermen.... boring but oh well it is newwho were talking about.

Matt's performance in this episode reconfirms my opinion that Matt Smith is the best newwho Dr. since the shows return in 2005, enough said.

Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:14 am

Wow... I can't remember the last time I voted "Amazing!" for an episode, but here we are! Not because I actually found it amazing, mind you -- it's pretty hard to amaze me -- but this was probably my favorite episode of this season and maybe of Matt Smith's run in general. Always nice to see the Cybermen, LOVED the Cybermat (can I get a life-sized toy of that thing?!), and I really enjoyed the banter/bonding between the Doctor and Stormageddon and Craig (and this coming from someone who HATED Craig the last time around).

AND I didn't feel like it was completely a throwaway episode when they should have been advancing the greater arc, because there were multiple references to it throughout the episode that didn't seem shoehorned in -- and then they actually furthered the arc with the River scene at the end that effectively set up the finale. Really engaging stuff -- I'm pumped for next week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scary-crayon.com/
KIRKESS
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:21 am

I will be very disappointed if the season finale has a Flesh Doctor waiting in the wings to become the Doctor. Seems too much like the Mysterious, Ghostly Figure in Baker's last appearance as the Doctor. bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:26 am

if they do that paramount Viacom can bring back ganger shatner from Generations !

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(dramatic No)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:42 am

rmlextreme wrote:
Spoiler:
 


i was wrong about the Time D'oh 12am for the Rerun!

And Mattylover11 I missed the figures pretty much but more money for the plush Tardis and plush Dalek right? (ok this should have been in the figure thread )

I didn't even know they were out?! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
RANK: Time Lord Chancellor


Number of posts : 5896
Age : 45
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:54 am

rmlextreme wrote:
if they do that paramount Viacom can bring back ganger shatner from Generations !

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(dramatic No)

There's a Ganger on the wing of this plane!!!!!!

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:20 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
rmlextreme wrote:
if they do that paramount Viacom can bring back ganger shatner from Generations !

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(dramatic No)

There's a Ganger on the wing of this plane!!!!!!

Razz

* hums Twilight Zone theme song.*

Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rust
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1557
Age : 33
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:04 am

Ronpur wrote:
OOK, this has to the worst Cyberman story ever. Yes, they were week from lack of power, but blowing up because of a baby crying!!! These are not real Cybermen,Cybersissies maybe.


Well, they shouldn't have tried making the crying baby's dad their leader then. It was his emotions that caused the feedback that disabled their own emotional inhibitors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:20 am

This episode was a missed opportunity. Matt Smith was very good this episode but everything around him wasn't.
This is pretty much the worst Cyberman story ever. I say this as a fan of the altverse versions. It had potential to explain why the Cybermen of both worlds are identical and how they became allied with the Silence. Why were they killing people instead of converting them? Why couldn't they upgrade on of their survivors into a Cyberleader? The cyberconversion seen here doesn't jibe with any cyberconversion seen before, which removes the horror. Why is it instantly reversible? Why did the emotional feedback blow them up when they weren't connected to the converter? It was so lame. They could've put in any other aliens & it probably would've been better.
I don't like Craig. He's very one note.
I was hoping this would've explained the semi-TARDIS from The Lodger, its link to the Silence, & maybe how the TARDIS exploded. It didn't.
Doctor talking to Stormaggedon went on a bit too long to be believable. My theory is that he was just being insane rather than translating.
Now I'm worried about the final. They've got plenty of danglers from this year & the last to tie up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9510
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:18 am

Rust wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
OOK, this has to the worst Cyberman story ever. Yes, they were week from lack of power, but blowing up because of a baby crying!!! These are not real Cybermen,Cybersissies maybe.


Well, they shouldn't have tried making the crying baby's dad their leader then. It was his emotions that caused the feedback that disabled their own emotional inhibitors.

Or maybe they could have just turned their CCTV monitor off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacetimegeek
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 174
Age : 45
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:25 am

It was great seeing the cybermats again, but the question I have is where did these Cybermen come from? I noticed none of them had the Cybus Industries logo on their chest so are they much later "down the line" versions of that original batch? Are they distinct versions who lived out in space and crash landed on Earth many years ago? Aren't all the Cybermen in our universe from the creations of John Lumic? If so are the ones native to our universe gone? Am I thinking to much on this particular detail?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:44 am

spacetimegeek wrote:
It was great seeing the cybermats again, but the question I have is where did these Cybermen come from? I noticed none of them had the Cybus Industries logo on their chest so are they much later "down the line" versions of that original batch? Are they distinct versions who lived out in space and crash landed on Earth many years ago? Aren't all the Cybermen in our universe from the creations of John Lumic? If so are the ones native to our universe gone? Am I thinking to much on this particular detail?

We know nothing of their back history, only that the lack of the Cybus logo is because these are real Cybermen from our universe. The Cybusmen were from the parallel Earth if you remember, but these are from our Earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jfh1970
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1841
Age : 46
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S6E12: Closing Time   Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:05 am

I found myself liking this episode a lot even though the ending was a bit simplistic for me. It was great to see the Cybermen again and even more awesome to see the Cybermat running around the store and attacking people. geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
S6E12: Closing Time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: