Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

S6E11: The God Complex

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S6E10: The God Complex
Amazing!
37%
 37% [ 13 ]
Above average
37%
 37% [ 13 ]
Okay
14%
 14% [ 5 ]
Below average
9%
 9% [ 3 ]
Atrocious!
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:01 pm

I really liked this episode, especially the ending. I felt the ending really...fitted..in. And I'm curious to see where things are going to go from here!
Back to top Go down
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Great episode! Voted 'above average.' It was a great storyline and a better stand-alone than the last two.

But the ending?! WHY?! I don't even understand what happened.... Was it because Amy lost faith in the Doctor and stopped waiting? I don't know, but I know I can't handle the fact that they'll be less of Rory now... Both the Ponds for that matter. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Scary wrote:
Was it because Amy lost faith in the Doctor and stopped waiting?

It was very much felt throughout the episode, I thought. That was part of it, but mainly it is that he can only put them in such situations for so long. It was only a matter of time until this false faith in him would turn into tragedy
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:18 pm

I loved the episode, definitely my favourite out of the recent standalones. Really wasn't expecting that ending, very sad, although it was really fitting.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Hmmm..

Seems we have a few more questions to be answered... What was in the Doctor's room? We heard the TARDIS but we didn't exactly see what was in there. And Amy's room too. What was in there?

I have a feeling such questions will be answered in the finale... Or at least I hope so!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Scary wrote:
Hmmm..

Seems we have a few more questions to be answered... What was in the Doctor's room? We heard the TARDIS but we didn't exactly see what was in there. And Amy's room too. What was in there?

I have a feeling such questions will be answered in the finale... Or at least I hope so!

We did see Amy's though! It was her at 7 years old, waiting for the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:30 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Scary wrote:
Hmmm..

We did see Amy's though! It was her at 7 years old, waiting for the Doctor.

Ahhhh yes! But that makes sense to me now! She was scared of waiting and so the Doctor freed her from that and gave her the chance to let go and save her.

They could have made it just a tiny bit clearer! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:56 pm

After 2 weak episodes Doctor Who is back to it's best, loved the ending, and if any characters become action figures they are a must have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:03 pm

should not read too much since have not seen it yet.
Back to top Go down
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:30 pm

That was AMAZING.

What a fantastic episode. One of the best of the Moffat era. I loved every second of it, and am about to watch it again. I wasn't expecting it to be that good.

I'm glad we didn't see in the Doctor's room, and I hope we never find out what was in there. We already know too much about the him and he needs to be somewhat mysterious, more than just not knowing what his real name is.

Good riddance to Amy - though this had no bearing on my enjoyment of the episode. I'll miss Rory but it had to happen eventually, and I'm sure they'll be back at some point. Now if they would just permanently get rid of River Song I'd be one happy camper.

Loved the Nimon reference.

One small gripe - the cowardly alien said he just wanted to go home. His planet was visible from the window of the ship yet he asked the Doctor to drop him off at the nearest galaxy. Huh?

Overall a fantastic episode that I will be enjoying a few more times this weekend.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vortex

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:50 pm

I hated it! We didn't even get a peak in the doctors room or anything!
And the ending...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Voted average.

Like other nuWho episodes, it has a good level of scariness & then pulls in the reigns just when you want it to become scarier! Wish it would just scare the bijeesus out of us & get it over with. I sometimes wish there would be a late night episode that would tick all the right scary bottons.

In the UK, early evening (safe for children) episodes of Buffy would air & uncut episodes would air on the same evening after 23:00. Wish Who would do this now & again!?!?

It's almost like they make the episode frightening...........then suddenly remember the children will be watching & give it a fluffy, sugar coated touch!

Mild rant over!! Smile

P.S. Another small gripe is the Amelia has different coloured eyes to Amy - picky but annoys me! Razz
Back to top Go down
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:19 pm

The Nimon reference was awesome. I liked the ending, so long as the goodbye sticks.

As for the rest of it. I started out enjoying it, but as it ran on I was afraid it was going nowhere and it didn't really seem to. If it weren't for seeing off Amy and Rory, I'd say it felt like a total filler episode.

First one this series that I just didn't care for at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.figurefanzero.com
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:06 pm

I really liked this episode, like i said last week I am not a big standalone episode guy unless it has a long time enemy of the Doctors.

It's probably behind The Doctors Wife for my favorite Standalone episodes of Series 6. A mysterious episode. It was nice seeing that the Doctors biggest fear is still unknown since they didn't show it. My assumption though is the TARDIS dying and leaving him alone to live his life on, well wherever it dies i suppose.

Anyone catch his Room # being 11? Get it? You better get it or you need to be slapped.

As for the ending, I definitely thinks this leads up into Episode 1 of Series 6. Their just now getting their new house, its weird though, they already know what happens, yet its just leading into now.

Can't wait for next week! Craig! Cool Jacket! Cybermen! Lets not forget that the Doctor has an App for that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:11 pm

The Doctor did a selfless act here. Remember He knows all there is, all there was, all that ever will be. I think he saw something in the room marked 11.

Remember he left Rose on Petes world to save her.

At least no more Boe Tie insults the witch lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Great episode. Very Happy Very sad too. Sad
Back to top Go down
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:43 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
Remember He knows all there is, all there was, all that ever will be.

I don't care if 9 said that quote or not, if he knew all that he would've already known he was going to die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:47 pm

And he would also know inside Stock information.

Look out Wall Street the Doctor is coming! lol

Seriously that was a nice sports car. He is like Santa with a Blue Box
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:49 pm

The Best Part of this episode was the Alien dude whose Race was patterned after the French lol

A race that surrenders, i was dying

We planted trees so invading occupiers would have shade lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:52 pm

I'm so glad my worries were unfounded. This was a fantastic episode. Putting an almost Nimon that feeds on faith in a maze-like Shining hotel was brilliant!
There was some clever dialogue but parts of it werehard to make out. I loved how Doctor wanted to give Rita Amy's job. She was very likeable so her death had some weight even though she was made to die.
The planet of the surrender monkeys was a neat concept. I was expecting to see Gibbs's room be freedom from all alien oppression.
It was odd that Rory wasn't given a room. Doesn't he have faith in his love for Amy for the Nimon to eat?
The Minotaur was great even if he only a Nimon relative without deathray horns. I didn't understand why the TARDIS translation field didn't make his dialogue English for Amy & Rory (and the audience). The costume looked amazing. He even wore a Nimon skirt. I was overjoyed when the Doctor directly referenced The Horns of Nimon. Character Options better make an action figure of him.
The Doctor breaking Amy's faith in him was a good callback to Curse of Fenric. They followed up on Amy remembering she had a timetraveling baby and Rory resenting the Doctor. It was a nice end for Amy & Rory even though I suspect they'll return for the season finale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:56 pm

And do not forget Danny boy, like a bad penny lol

In the finale Jack Harkness returns for what he thought was his coat lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:15 am

So many things about this one I liked. But need to go again before I write some thoughts beyond wishing Rita had survived because I thought she was cute, lol. And I want this figure of the beast because he could be made into a Nimon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:17 am

Oh, and what does a Timelord pray to? That throw away question maybe very important in the future,maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:31 am

They pray to Steven Moffat not the write them out next season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:32 am

i can just imagine Mattylover is on a Figure High with all the possible new figure just from this episode lol

Mattylover call your 12 step Figure Counselor lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S6E11: The God Complex   Today at 5:04 am

Back to top Go down

S6E11: The God Complex
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: