Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:23 am

There, now no one can complain about spoilers.

Okay... I think we might be seeing one more incarnation of Melody Pond.

1st incarnation (presuming it was the first) is the astronaut girl. Regenerates in 1969.

Next one we know of chronologically was Mels, Amy and Rory's childhood friend. BUT, if Amy, Rory and Mels were kids in 1996, that's 27 years unaccounted for.

Mels must be River's third incarnation at least. The fourth incarnation is River Song, who gives her remaining Time Lord energy to the Doctor. And we know that this incarnation dies in The Library and is saved as a data ghost.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:39 am

I do believe she said her last regeneration was when she was a little girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:29 am

Yes, it is stated the last regeneration was the Astronaut girl to Mels in New York but there is a big gap between the Astronaut girl and Mels. Unless time travel was involved to get Mels to Amelia and little Rory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:49 am

I was wondering how River was able to get to Amy and Rory too. I had this really weird idea after watching the most recent episode. What if Amy didn't have one child, but she had twins? This could explain the gap maybe? I'm probably grasping at straws.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:53 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:02 am

So, who can construct a reasonable timeline for River? When I try to do it, it falls apart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:05 am

Calixar wrote:
So, who can construct a reasonable timeline for River? When I try to do it, it falls apart.

Sounds like a Moffet thing to me Wink
Back to top Go down
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Calixar wrote:

Melody Spacesuit = A Good Man Goes to War-The Impossible Astronaut-Day of the Moon
-
Mels = Let's Kill Hitler
-
River Song* = Let's Kill Hitler-The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon-The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang-The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone-Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead

*Undated event = her appearance in A Good Man Goes to War.

That, my friend, is the best I can manage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Are we sure the Melody in the spacesuit was the same incarnation as the one we see as a baby in AGMGTW? We aren't told that. Because...if 'they' raised her to kill the Doctor, it couldn't have taken very long if both her as a baby and in Day of the Moon were the same incarnation. And in Day of the Moon, she clearly already knows how to do it. Come to think of it.....we don't even know why she's dying there at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)   Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:09 pm

At the end of Day of the Moon, Amy shoots The Astronaut & 6 months later she regenerates infront of the coloured homeless guy. She states that she is about to die & she knows what to do next. We assume that she regenerates into Mel. I assume she then timetravels somehow & meets up with young Rory & Amy - or being part Timelord, she will age at a slower rate to Humans.........my head hurts now! Smile
Back to top Go down

Sorting out River's timeline (Let's Kill Hitler spoilers!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: