Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 pm

just recieved 3 in the mail today, and as luck would have it, i have 1 defective one. what's so bad about it? first off it's the supreme (all white dalek), and it has black marks all over the dome near the eyestalk. i was going to let that go, but then when i sat it down on the table, i noticed one of the wheels on the bottom was not screwed in properly. if you try to move it, it falls to one side (how scary is a lopsided dalek?).

i'm seeing what i can do about getting a refund/replacement. i was just wondering if anyone else has any really bad quality controll stories concerning the toys lately. this is my second return, as my last was the 11th doctor's tardis set (which came with the wrong ladder). why do i have all the luck? or is this some c-o-n spiracy by co to drive me mad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:53 pm

getting a new one via mail soon. my "special" eternal one is going back. wondering what will be wrong with anything else i order?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Where did you get him from?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:28 pm

well, i don't blame the store. this is the second time i've had to return something, but there have been more times of "defective" doctor who figures. in recent years, the quality controll has been an issue for character options (i know some people were even complaining about the 11 doctor sets having paint/glitter all over certain figures, i was lucky and had no problems).

i think i also mentioned that last time this happened, it took forever to contact underground toys, and when they did respond to me, they weren't very apologetic. i understand that business is business, but having some public relations/human contact with your customers would be nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stanlow

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm

That's interesting to hear that about Underground Toys. Perhaps you should address this to Character Options. When I ordered a second 11 Doctors set from them last year, they had a promotion where if you spent 50 pounds you received a free DW figure. I had spent the 50 pounds and did not receive my free figure. I emailed them and within a few days they replied with an apology and sent me a Zygon, at additional overseas postal cost to them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:19 pm

well, i've already posted it here a couple of times (this included). i'm not going to drum up trouble by contacting character options. i wouldn't want there to be another "petition-gate" (which was an overreaction in my view).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:18 am

A friend of mine got one with a RTD Dalek plunger arm. That's the only "defect" I've heard of in the Paradigm Daleks, but even then it isn't necessarily a fault but more of a mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:43 pm

well, here's my take on it. the first two paradigm daleks i got were in the 6 figure box set (the red drone, and the stone dalek.). they are fine. then i went and got the re-released stocks. i noticed that some of the bottom wheels were not as attached as they should be, and as i said, my white daleks' wheel just goes full into his body, making him a lopsided dalek if you try to move him.

i undertand re-issuing figures, but when the second batch to come out has issues, i call that rushing. maybe i'm just a perfectionist, but if i'm paying 20 dollars a figure (that's about including shipping and handling), i don't expect there to be scratches, or bad wheels.

on a different subject, i ordered the jacketless doctor and dalek scientest from underground toys, and while the dalek is fine, the doctor has a silver streak across his chest. i haven't returned it yet, but i'm thinking about it. that figure set was really expensive, and seeing as how i got it for the "exclusive" doctor figure, i don't think it's right that there's a defect on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:55 am

I had a drone with a wonky 'ear' light, an "Eternal" with black paint marks on the sucker arm and gun, and most of my Paradigm Daleks have eye stalks that BARELY budge.

With the exception of the eye stalks, I managed to fix the issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?   Today at 6:33 am

Back to top Go down

anyone else get a defective paradigm dalek?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Product Reviews & Photos-
Jump to: