It was okay.
Being a fan of the franchise since childhood, I was both pleased and disappointed they were effectively stealing the plot of two classic cartoon episodes and mashing them together, with added twists.
There were a lot of good moments, but also a lot of weak moments. Overall I enjoyed it, but I am glad this is the last one (until the inevitable reboot). The plot was beginning to devolve into mindless action movie territory on par with the Resident Evil
- Peter Cullen's acting. This is Optimus at his finest. He no longer sounds like he's just reading lines, but is actually getting into the role and his vocal nuance helps you get inside Optimus' head.
- Wheelie and Brains. After disliking the little twerp in the second movie, I took a real shine to Wheelie in this one, and his companion isn't bad either.
- Laserbeak. Show Stealer on par with Frenzy from the first movie.
- Carly. I was really hesitant about the gal they got to replace Megan Fox. I thought she did a fine job for being her first acting gig.
- Finally a line to replace the tired "One Shall Stand" line.
- Shockwave was a non-character.
- Plot doesn't mesh with the motivations of the first two movies (Obtain Power, Gain Army)
- Skids, Mudflap, and Jolt are MIA without a mention. Mikaela got a explanation but not these three?
- Issues with a fight scene
- The motivations of one of the antagonists.