Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Babylon 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5897
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:53 pm

The Ragged Edge

Upon GKar's return from Centauri Prime, he is shocked to find he has become a religious icon for his people.

A breakthrough develops in the search for the identity of the raiders attacking the ISA members- an actual survivor. However, Garibaldi's relapse into alcoholism puts the mission to rescue him in jeopardy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 pm

The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

In his last appearance on B5, Bester gets his own episode.

A Psi Corps instructor trained as a mind ripper murders a Psi Cop trainee and flees to Babylon 5. Bester and two Psi Cop interns are sent to the station after him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:20 am

Final tidbit on The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father-

JMS went psych to throw a little bit of a curve ball- having Harris with a multiple personality disorder. The dominant one being the P10, and one of the submerged ones being a P12. This was how the Corps missed his higher ability.

In his first comic series Rising Stars, he went there again with the notion of super abilities going unnoticed because a non-dominant personality possessed them.

Always thought it was neat JMS drew on his psych degree for some good stuff like this.

BTW- His comic work is well worth checking out. Loved Rising Stars, Midnight Nation, Supreme Power, and of course his run on Amazing Spider Man.

With ASM, I hadn't planned on reading onward once he left the series, but it was still sad that they did One More Day and essentially wiped out everything and rebooted.

Onward to Meditations on the Abyss

Seeking further proof of possible Centauri involvement in the raids on the ISA worlds, Delenn tasks Lennier to investigate as he continues his Anlashok field training on board White Star 27.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Darkness Ascending

As Londo and Vir notice being ostracized from ISA meetings, Lennier finds proof on his mission that visually verifies Centauri warships are behind the raids on the other worlds.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:59 am

And All My Dreams Torn Asunder

Sheridan and Delenn present Lennier's recording of the Centauri fleet attacking the Brakiri to the ISA Council, pushing them towards war.

Londo and GKar return to Centauri Prime to investigate, and are promptly thrown in the slammer.

And poor Garibaldi hits the booze again at just the wrong time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:01 pm

Movements of Fire and Shadow

As the war escalates, the Drazi, Narn and Brakiri decide to take matters into their own hands as Sheridan refuses to take offensive action in Centauri space.

Meanwhile, Stephen and Lyta make a surprising discovery when asked to investigate why no Centauri prisoners of war have been returned to their homeworld.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:44 pm

The Fall of Centauri Prime

As Centauri Prime is in ruins, the Drakh reveal themselves to Londo. Seeking out a new homeworld after Zhadum was destroyed, they picked Centauri Prime. To ensure they would not be discovered by the other races, they engineered the raids and war to get the Centauri out of the ISA and be completely cut off from the other worlds. Londo must assume the title of Emperor and accept a Keeper so they can control him. The Drakh will control things behind the scenes, and if their wishes are not obeyed, they will set off nuclear devices hidden among the major cities on the planet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 pm

The Wheel of Fire

Garibaldi is suspended from work in order to sort out his drinking problem. When Lyta is linked to attacks on Psi Corps, she is arrested and detained. GKar sees an opportunity with Lyta to help her and himself as he deals with the impact of his religious followers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Got my Psi Corp trilogy novels today, so more B5!!1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Got my Psi Corp trilogy novels today, so more B5!!1

I finished the series off a couple of days ago. Watching Objects in Motion, Objects at Rest and Sleeping in Light always gets me... that is the way to end a series. Too many series end so abruptly and everything all thrown into a single ep. JMS started setting the stage halfway through the season for some of the character departures. Then only having small stuff to deal with plotwise, you have plenty of time to show the characters, and having their goodbyes. Having SiL is a bonus, so you have the end of the current story, and you see how everyone ended up 20 years down the road. Doing it that way, you DON'T end up asking yourself... gee, I wonder what happens later on.

I always loved Sheridan's speech to his son. Whenever I leave a workplace and do my farewell emails, I always do two quotes: the Hartnell goodbye to Susan clip, and Sheridan's 'what he learned in life' advice to David- making mistakes and leaving home.

My two favorite scenes... the shot of the new command and ambassadorial staff in CnC saluting Sheridan in the White Star before he leaves, and of course the destruction of the station. Still gets me every time.

5 years. Great story.

Shame its been at least 10 years now without it being in syndication. I keep hoping he will catch a clue from Joss Whedon who has continued Buffy, and Firefly in comics. I'd really like to see a Crusade series of comics or novels to get the full story on how things went for the Excalibur. And what was the deal with the Apocalypse Box !?!?!?!? Razz

I'm still going through the Bantam Star Wars novels... on The Crystal Star right now. Still got several more to go, but once I finish I will hit the B5 novels as well. I haven't read them in years. Should hit the comics too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:35 am

Cruel Angel wrote:

My two favorite scenes... the shot of the new command and ambassadorial staff in CnC saluting Sheridan in the White Star before he leaves, and of course the destruction of the station. Still gets me every time.

Love those two shots as well, I think it is the music, too. But with the new staff saluting Sheridan, you can't help but to think of the untold stories that happen to them. And G'Kar adventures beyond the rim with Leta. Too bad he never did more of the lost tales DVDs...Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 am

What a great show. Even after repeated viewing, the drama is still intense, the humor still makes me laugh, and the tragic bits still break my heart. I still love Londo and despise him all at the same time. Speeches from G'Kar still make me hold my breath at the beauty of his words and the timbre of his voice. I see Vir bumble around seemingly like a fool (even though he certainly isn't), come into conflict with Londo over his actions, defy Mr. Morden, and try for himself to do the right thing - watching with pride knowing that one day he'll be emperor. One of those shows that just never gets "old" to me. Thank the "Great Maker" for DVD.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:35 am

I finished the Bester Trilogy. Great insight into his character. And a lot of fun history of the Corps. I was nice to get a glimpse of the "future" and see what changes were made after Sheridan and the Alliance took over. And good old Garibaldi!! He needs a spin off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:07 am

Ronpur wrote:
I finished the Bester Trilogy. Great insight into his character. And a lot of fun history of the Corps. I was nice to get a glimpse of the "future" and see what changes were made after Sheridan and the Alliance took over. And good old Garibaldi!! He needs a spin off!

What did you think of Lyta Alexander's lineage, and her link to Bester? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

What did you think of Lyta Alexander's lineage, and her link to Bester? Razz

I loved how he put her ancestors in,pretty cool. I wonder where is the story that shows Lyta dying as Garabadi mentions in book 3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:34 am

Ronpur wrote:

I loved how he put her ancestors in,pretty cool. I wonder where is the story that shows Lyta dying as Garabadi mentions in book 3?

In "The Path of Sorrows" in Crusade, Lyta was supposed to appear during Matheson's flashback. They couldn't come to terms with Patricia on the contract.

All JMS has said is that Lyta and Lennier died during the explosion of the Psi Corps Headquarters, and that's pretty much it. The specifics have never been shown or covered.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Today at 10:27 am

Back to top Go down

Babylon 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: