Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Babylon 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5859
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:06 am

The Long Night

Bye bye Cartagia !

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5968
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 am

The Summoning - Now they have a war on two fronts. The Shadows and now the Vorlons, who have decided to wipe out anybody with ties to the Shadows. As if it wasn't gonna be tough enough. Sheridan has returned from the dead, and his re-appearance scene is one of my favorite moments. Oh, did I fail to mention before that Cartagia is a nutbag?

Falling Toward Apotheosis - For G'Quon's sake, G'Kar, scream! Oh, and the new Vorlon ambassador has to go - one way or another. Trouble is, how to you kill a Vorlon? Sheridan pays the price.

The Long Night - "Giants in the playground" indeed. Sheridan has a plan to bring the Shadows and Vorlons to the same battlefield to have it out. Meanwhile, Londo and Vir set in motion their assassination of the lunatic Cartagia. In a wonderful twist of the unexpected, it is Vir who kills him ultimately. Well played by Stephen Furst.

Into the Fire - "Get the (heck) out of our galaxy. Both of you" says Sheridan after his fleet, along with the remainder of the First Ones meet on the battleground. The Vorlons along with the Shadows tuck tail and leave with Lorien beyond the rim. Their leaving is a great relief to Londo, as the Vorlons have arrived to Centauri Prime to wipe them out. *whew!* My favorite parts in this episode involve dear Mr. Morden. When he refuses to allow the Shadow ships to leave the island they're on, Londo blows up the island! With his "associates" destroyed, he is at the mercy of Londo - who has none for him. Londo gives Vir a wonderful gift and it's out in the garden...

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Epiphanies

And as we wrap up the Vorlon Shadow war, the Dark Garibaldi arc begins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Illusion of Truth

Grrr... I hate this episode. I just cannot believe that such a sharp, tactical thinker like Sheridan thought that letting ISN do their story was a good idea.

When Susan voices her dread about the results, and Sheridan says- we kept everything in short, declarative sentences to make it harder for anyone to quote us out of context, I just cringe. Sheridan should have known better than that.

It would have been smarter to let ISN do whatever story they wanted without being able to access the station for footage and interviews. Much easier to deny later when you can fall back on ISN not having any proof as to what is going on at the station. The more they have to fake, the harder their job will be.

Still... as I said before, I wonder what happened to these Clark ISN stooges after the war was over. If I was Sheridan, I definitely would be looking to have a few words with Randall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Atonement

We get to find out just how naughty Delenn was 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Racing Mars

The Mars arc begins cheers

Everybody say hi to Number One, Tessa !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Tessa!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Hi Tessa!

That's always a good trivia ? to ask... what was her real name.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Tessa Holloran
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Lines of Communciation

Marcus and Steven get the Mars resistance on their side by guaranteeing them that once Clark is dealt with, Mars will get its independence from Earth. Stephen the player catches the eye of Tessa.

And some Minbari looking for outside help against the warrior caste introduce Delenn to their new found allies- The Drakh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Conflicts of Interest

Wade's mysterious employer commissions Garibaldi to protect and sneak aboard B5 a contact for a meeting- someone who he is intimately acquainted with.

And Susan becomes the Voice of the Resistance.

Much love for the scene between Susan and Zathras... all in one continuous 4 minute take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Rumors, Bargains, and Lies

As the civil unrest heats up on Minbar, Sheridan schemes to get the League of Non-Aligned Worlds to allow the Anlashok to patrol their borders.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Moments of Transition

The end of the Minbari civil war, and the beginning of a new Grey Council.

Poor Neroon. Ego just kept getting in the way until the very end.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:31 pm

It really does bother me that they (pretty much Sheridan) left Lyta out in the cold after the Vorlon Shadow War concluded. After all she did for them, would it have been too much to ask to divert some of B5s funds to give Lyta room and board?

If they had taken care of her, she prolly wouldn't have fell for Byron's TP cult, nor went power tripping afterwards and having to leave the station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
It really does bother me that they (pretty much Sheridan) left Lyta out in the cold after the Vorlon Shadow War concluded. After all she did for them, would it have been too much to ask to divert some of B5s funds to give Lyta room and board?

If they had taken care of her, she prolly wouldn't have fell for Byron's TP cult, nor went power tripping afterwards and having to leave the station.

I liked the handling of Lyta. For all B5's moral superiority to Clark's regime, it still showcased underlying prejudices in Humanity. More so for the B5 crew, since Lyta was a Vorlon Agent and they weren't certainly how far they could trust her.

Telepaths - save maybe Talia - were always regarded with suspicion on B5, and I'm glad that didn't magically change overnight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 pm

No Surrender, No Retreat

Our 4th season title episode.

Sheridan decides to go on the offensive after 10,000 civilian refugees are killed when their transports were attacked under President Clark's orders.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:00 pm

So after many times of watching the episode, I finally forced myself to pay attention enough to figure out who the cutie was at the end. The EAS Furies commander- Captain Stephanie Eckland.

Love this last part of the season when B5 actively gets involved in the civil war. Makes me want to break out my Honor Harrington novels. Loves me military sci fi. Still need to pick up the latest book now that it hit paperback a few weeks ago.

But, that will have to wait until I finish Star Wars. I started rereading my expanded universe novels. Im half way through Jedi Academy trilogy. I start from Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, and run all the way through the Thrawn duology. That's when I stop. When the books switched over to Del Rey, just not as good to me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

Love this last part of the season when B5 actively gets involved in the civil war. Makes me want to break out my Honor Harrington novels.

...I love you. Laughing

Mission of Honor is okay, but you can tell Weber is running out of reasons to include Honor in events since his collaboration with Flint in Crown of Slaves threw his plans out of whack. Also if you've read Storm from the Shadows and Torch of Freedom expect a lot of repeat chapters since all three of the novels take place during the same time period and important events from all three are slotted into each other.

That being said, the final chapter is worth the price of admission alone and had me literally cheering.

And finally, I'll just go on record as saying The Honor of the Queen is still far and away my favorite Harrington Novel and the one I really desire to see turned into a movie. That fight between Fearless and Thunder of God is still jaw dropping and epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 am

Rust wrote:

...I love you. Laughing

Mission of Honor is okay, but you can tell Weber is running out of reasons to include Honor in events since his collaboration with Flint in Crown of Slaves threw his plans out of whack. Also if you've read Storm from the Shadows and Torch of Freedom expect a lot of repeat chapters since all three of the novels take place during the same time period and important events from all three are slotted into each other.

That being said, the final chapter is worth the price of admission alone and had me literally cheering.

And finally, I'll just go on record as saying The Honor of the Queen is still far and away my favorite Harrington Novel and the one I really desire to see turned into a movie. That fight between Fearless and Thunder of God is still jaw dropping and epic.

Razz

I have only been reading the main series and haven't picked up any of the Worlds of Honor, Wages of Sin, and Saganami Isle series.

Not sure what the storyline circumstances are, but not too surprising that he might be phasing her out of the spotlight. Wasn't his original plan to have her die at the Battle of Manticore, going out in her greatest victory like Lord Nelson did at Trafalgar?

I don't think I can pick a favorite book. I start re-reading them, and I don't want to stop.

I think it would be tough to pull off movie wise and get the scope of it all. Be a nice cable tv series Very Happy

But then you get the big question- who can play her?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:01 am

Exercise of Vital Powers

William Edgar's true plans for the telepaths of Earth are revealed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:36 am

Face of the Enemy

Dark Garibaldi finally drops the heavy head of the hammer on Sheridan. And Bester drops it on Edgars' Industries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 am

Cruel Angel wrote:

Not sure what the storyline circumstances are, but not too surprising that he might be phasing her out of the spotlight. Wasn't his original plan to have her die at the Battle of Manticore, going out in her greatest victory like Lord Nelson did at Trafalgar?

Yup, Honor was supposed to bite it there and the series was supposed to jump ahead twenty to thirty years into the future to follow Honor's child and her brother and sister. The Wages of Sin pretty much fouled that up.

It's still a good story, but it does feel really rushed and reconned in, something it wouldn't have if there had been that time jaunt to help set things up. As it stands, the secondary novels (The Wages of Sin, Torch of Freedom, Shadow of Saganami, Storm from the Shadows) is now what sets up the current conflict and explain the backstory.

Storm from the Shadows is another good one, if only because Mike Henke hands a Soliarian Battle Fleet its head with just Battlecruisers. It's hilarious and epic because it showcases just how throughly outclassed the SLN is against Manticore.

Quote :

But then you get the big question- who can play her?

You'd have to get a relative unknown actress, but even then...the looks don't have to be a hundred percent correct so long as the actress is channeling the character right. Specifically, Honor needs to have that tic of hers when she gets pissed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:15 am

Rust wrote:

You'd have to get a relative unknown actress, but even then...the looks don't have to be a hundred percent correct so long as the actress is channeling the character right. Specifically, Honor needs to have that tic of hers when she gets pissed.

I guess I will have to pick up those series too.

I seem to recall a while back there were some fans that thought Claudia Christian would fit the bill at the time. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Intersections in Real Time

Sheridan in the slammer.

I enjoyed this one much more than Chain of Command in ST TNG. I rem so many people thinking that one was such a riveting portrayal of prison and torture... and to me it was rather basic and the whole lights thing was just adapted from 1984.

This one to me does a better job, esp with the mind games.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Babylon 5   Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Between the Darkness and the Light

Light Garibaldi returns, and helps free Sheridan from prison... and Susan has a run in with an Advanced Destroyer Group. Literally.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Babylon 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: