Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 
 

 S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Rate S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler
Brilliant!
51%
 51% [ 22 ]
Above Average
26%
 26% [ 11 ]
Okay
7%
 7% [ 3 ]
Bad
9%
 9% [ 4 ]
Atrocious!
7%
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43
 

AuthorMessage
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Released on the BBC's official website for DW...

Spoiler:
 

LOL@ Rory's facial expression in the third picture. Laughing Looks a bit like an attacking Silent! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Scary wrote:
Released on the BBC's official website for DW...

Spoiler:
 

LOL@ Rory's facial expression in the third picture. Laughing Looks a bit like an attacking Silent! Shocked

I love the fourth pic down YAY
Spoiler:
 
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Rust
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1557
Age : 33
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Mattylover11 wrote:
Scary wrote:
Released on the BBC's official website for DW...

Spoiler:
 

LOL@ Rory's facial expression in the third picture. Laughing Looks a bit like an attacking Silent! Shocked

I love the fourth pic down YAY
Spoiler:
 
cheers cheers cheers

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Scary wrote:
Spoiler:
 


And either way....
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 322
Age : 56
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 am

From the looks of the trailer, a lot as happened since the last time we saw the Doctor, thank goodness it's only a few days till he returns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 pm

I... can't explain. I'm hyper inside, like really "lgawjkfgwgfwegffewhjvl WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" hyper but I'm so hyper that I don't have the energy to be hyper... This was.... amazing. The best, the absolute best.

Questions are beginning to be answered at long last, River is awesome, and to find that she was Mels was a genuine shock and a very big surprise.

Rory was beyond awesome... The scene where Amy asks if he's gay - oh my - never mind the Doctor dying, I think I had a cardiac arrest there and then in uncontrollable laughter. So many great one-liners in this episode from everyone. Too many to quote.

I... really just cannot explain how I'm feeling. I'm so overwhelmed that I think I need a kip. Just, wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:13 pm

I totally agree with you, Scary! I can't stop thinking about it! Alex Kingston was just incredible in this episode. She stole every single scene she was in. And it was wonderful to see all these little 'answers' unfolding, like Melody learning to fly the tardis. Only thing is....no scene near the end where someone finds Hitler?
Back to top Go down
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:22 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Only thing is....no scene near the end where someone finds Hitler?

Perhaps he is still there? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:33 pm

I still need to see this. Sad And trying to avoid spoilers. Sad Mad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Scary wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:
Only thing is....no scene near the end where someone finds Hitler?

Perhaps he is still there? Razz

I take back the question I was going to ask. I'd delete this post, but it won't let me! Why can't I delete my posts?!

Edit: Ok, 4th time editing this...I realized you can only delete your post when it hasn't been responded to.


Last edited by kcooper76 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Scary wrote:
I... can't explain. I'm hyper inside, like really "lgawjkfgwgfwegffewhjvl WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" hyper but I'm so hyper that I don't have the energy to be hyper... This was.... amazing. The best, the absolute best.

Questions are beginning to be answered at long last, River is awesome, and to find that she was Mels was a genuine shock and a very big surprise.

Rory was beyond awesome... The scene where Amy asks if he's gay - oh my - never mind the Doctor dying, I think I had a cardiac arrest there and then in uncontrollable laughter. So many great one-liners in this episode from everyone. Too many to quote.

I... really just cannot explain how I'm feeling. I'm so overwhelmed that I think I need a kip. Just, wow.

Must be something wrong with my TV cos the episode I just saw was way below average at best!

Mr Moffat, once again, re-writes the history of Who & tries to be overly smart!

The show IMO is spiralling into a confusing parody of it's former self. I drew the line at the top hat & sonic cane scene! WHY???

PLEASE bring back one off - stand alone episodes that are on the right side of scary (hopefully next weeks will provide?!?)

Lets remember, this is only my opinion! Don't go getting all defensive & gather your angry, pitch fork wielding mobs to storm the castle! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:02 pm

workstinx wrote:

Lets remember, this is only my opinion! Don't go getting all defensive & gather your angry, pitch fork wielding mobs to storm the castle! Smile Smile


Hmm...where'd I put my pitchfork? hmm..oh there it is!... Smile

I figured the fans who don't like the series arc wouldn't like this one....as there isn't much else to the episode. So, I wouldn't be surprised it most people here hated it.

Although....I...I don't think any history was actually re-written in this episode....
Back to top Go down
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm loving the current story arc. I was a little frustrated at first that there wasn't any answers at all, but then realised that that was the point. And now that we're starting to get answers, starting to learn more about River and the Silence etc, I can enjoy it even more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 pm

kcooper76 wrote:



Hmm...where'd I put my pitchfork? hmm..oh there it is!... Smile

I figured the fans who don't like the series arc wouldn't like this one....as there isn't much else to the episode. So, I wouldn't be surprised it most people here hated it.

Although....I...I don't think any history was actually re-written in this episode....

My mistake - I didn't mean ACTUAL history. I was meaning WHO history.

The episode reminded me a bit of an old comic strip in The Beezer (I think?). The story was called The Numbskulls & it was about a guy who has little folk living in his head & they controlled him.

Wasn't there a really bad movie starring Eddie Murphy that had a man shaped spaceship piloted by little people? That was better than this episode!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:18 pm

workstinx wrote:
My mistake - I didn't mean ACTUAL history. I was meaning WHO history.

What history? The history where River gives the Doc her regeneration energy and the rest of her 'lives' so that he lives again, meaning the Doctor now has extra regenerations? Because if that is what you refer to, then that's good because Doctor Who doesn't end at Doc No.13 Wink

I can't really think of any other Who-history that was really rewritten?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Not even that, Scary. That isn't really re-writing anything. This episode filled in all these gaps in River's timeline and didn't change the Doctor's much. Actually, the only thing I can really think of as being re-written is the thing about his death being a fixed point. Which...realistically...we all know he isn't going to die for good in the finale...so even that doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Yuppers!

study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Scary wrote:
The Doctor now has extra regenerations- that's good because Doctor Who doesn't end at Doc No.13 Wink

On the plus side - it can only get better when 11 shuffles off & takes the Ponds with him. Smile
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 742
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:27 pm

I loved the episode! Everything about it was awesome! Alex Kingston was on top form, as usual, and the Anti-Bodies were hilarious and creepy all at the same time.

Scary wrote:
The history where River gives the Doc her regeneration energy and the rest of her 'lives' so that he lives again, meaning the Doctor now has extra regenerations? Because if that is what you refer to, then that's good because Doctor Who doesn't end at Doc No.13 Wink

Was it specifically mentioned that he had more regenerations? I just assumed that River used her remaining regeneration energy to heal the Doctor/bring him back to life without him actually needing to regenerate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:35 pm

I was under the impression the the idea of regenerating was to become younger & healthier & to live longer. There was one h3ll of an age leap between Mel & River. Seemed to be crow barred in to fit in with the storyline. Again, this is only my opinion guys. Put the pitch forks & flaming torches away for now?! Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
I loved the episode! Everything about it was awesome! Alex Kingston was on top form, as usual, and the Anti-Bodies were hilarious and creepy all at the same time.

Scary wrote:
The history where River gives the Doc her regeneration energy and the rest of her 'lives' so that he lives again, meaning the Doctor now has extra regenerations? Because if that is what you refer to, then that's good because Doctor Who doesn't end at Doc No.13 Wink

Was it specifically mentioned that he had more regenerations? I just assumed that River used her remaining regeneration energy to heal the Doctor/bring him back to life without him actually needing to regenerate.

Oh, I'm not sure. Dad mentioned something about extra regenerations, my bad. Guess it's a possibility though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:37 pm

workstinx wrote:
Scary wrote:
The Doctor now has extra regenerations- that's good because Doctor Who doesn't end at Doc No.13 Wink

On the plus side - it can only get better when 11 shuffles off & takes the Ponds with him. Smile

TAKE THAT BACK!! Rory is too awesome to 'shuffle off'!

Just my opinion... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm

workstinx wrote:
I was under the impression the the idea of regenerating was to become younger & healthier & to live longer. There was one h3ll of an age leap between Mel & River. Seemed to be crow barred in to fit in with the storyline. Again, this is only my opinion guys. Put the pitch forks & flaming torches away for now?! Smile

Meh, what has age got to do with it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:41 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:

Was it specifically mentioned that he had more regenerations? I just assumed that River used her remaining regeneration energy to heal the Doctor/bring him back to life without him actually needing to regenerate.

I think this is right. Because they established he dies soon (by the Astronaut) anyway, so there wouldn't be a point in the extra regenerations. (Again, we all know he's not going to actually die for good, this is just from what they said in the episode). And he was almost going to die HERE, if it wasn't for her giving up her regenerations. So, I think it was just to give him life. For now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler   Today at 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
 
S6E8: Let's Kill Hitler
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: