Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 
 

 S6E4: The Doctor's Wife

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rate S6E4: The Doctor's Wife
Fantastic! Brilliant! Molto benne!
83%
 83% [ 35 ]
Okay, Average, 50/50
14%
 14% [ 6 ]
Terrible, outrageous, c'était nul!
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 42
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 pm

workstinx wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
workstinx wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Really? Sad What did you find boring?

Wasn't exciting enough for me. Loved the Rory/Amy closing door part (didn't want to say much more for those who haven't seen it yet) it was quite tense. Apart from that, a mediocre 3/10

I haven't seen it yet. So I can't judge. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocco
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 313
Age : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Scarywood wrote:
I'm being serious now, this episode was, to quote, 'sexy'. Razz

It was BRILLIANT! The story line was fantastic! I'd have never thought this particular 'person' would have been the Doctor's "wife".

No Omega though. Sad

Still, I think this just became one of my most favourite episodes in the entire new series! cheers

How'd you see it already?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Rocco wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
I'm being serious now, this episode was, to quote, 'sexy'. Razz

It was BRILLIANT! The story line was fantastic! I'd have never thought this particular 'person' would have been the Doctor's "wife".

No Omega though. Sad

Still, I think this just became one of my most favourite episodes in the entire new series! cheers

How'd you see it already?

It's on @ 18:15 GMT here in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 313
Age : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 4:00 pm

workstinx wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
I'm being serious now, this episode was, to quote, 'sexy'. Razz

It was BRILLIANT! The story line was fantastic! I'd have never thought this particular 'person' would have been the Doctor's "wife".

No Omega though. Sad

Still, I think this just became one of my most favourite episodes in the entire new series! cheers

How'd you see it already?

It's on @ 18:15 GMT here in the UK.


Yeah i realized that after i posted. I assume everyone watches it at the US Time because this being Whona North America.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Rocco wrote:
workstinx wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
I'm being serious now, this episode was, to quote, 'sexy'. Razz

It was BRILLIANT! The story line was fantastic! I'd have never thought this particular 'person' would have been the Doctor's "wife".

No Omega though. Sad

Still, I think this just became one of my most favourite episodes in the entire new series! cheers

How'd you see it already?

It's on @ 18:15 GMT here in the UK.


Yeah i realized that after i posted. I assume everyone watches it at the US Time because this being Whona North America.

We are stowaways on the USS WhoNA....shhh...don't tell anyone though! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocco
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 313
Age : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 4:03 pm

workstinx wrote:
Rocco wrote:
workstinx wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
I'm being serious now, this episode was, to quote, 'sexy'. Razz

It was BRILLIANT! The story line was fantastic! I'd have never thought this particular 'person' would have been the Doctor's "wife".

No Omega though. Sad

Still, I think this just became one of my most favourite episodes in the entire new series! cheers

How'd you see it already?

It's on @ 18:15 GMT here in the UK.


Yeah i realized that after i posted. I assume everyone watches it at the US Time because this being Whona North America.

We are stowaways on the USS WhoNA....shhh...don't tell anyone though! Smile


ohh never (; Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Scarywood wrote:

Still, I think this just became one of my most favourite episodes in the entire new series! cheers

And I think I am going to agree with you on that!
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 418
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 4:56 pm

I absolutely LOVED this one. So many cool references. The stuff about deleting rooms, The Eye of Orion, The Matrix is the Heart of the TARDIS.... what, what? Ok, so I let that one slip by with an angry grimace. And FINALLY we get to see some more of the TARDIS interior, even if it was just generic corridors, it was still awesome. Clever use of the old console room too.

Seriously, though I thought this one was fantastic and very touching. I sort of wish it were a two-parter so they could have given us more of the Idris-Doctor relationship.

Ok, that's enough... gonna go watch it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.figurefanzero.com
neogeo
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 5:03 pm

I need to stay away from this topic on Saturdays. I still have 4 hours 'til airtime here! (Seriously though I am looking forward to this one a lot. A lot a lot!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Bunkbeds are cool!

This episode was; Weird, Wild, Sad, Silly, Strange, Amazing, Fantastic, Original, Engaging, Marvelous, Imaginative, And my favorite one of the new Matt Smith shows.
Back to top Go down
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm

The only one thing I didn't understand was why her name was 'Idris'? Is this another way of saying...

Spoiler:
 

or did I miss something when I was searching for sweets to eat? Was this just her personal name before she was 'converted'?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Probably, of course Astrid Peth was already taken.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 5:48 pm

I don't think that matters too much, it does sound similar..which was probably intentional, just being similar....

....but I never realized Astrid's name spelled out Tardis.....why is that exactly?....her character had nothing to do with the tardis.
Back to top Go down
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 6:30 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
I don't think that matters too much, it does sound similar..which was probably intentional, just being similar....

....but I never realized Astrid's name spelled out Tardis.....why is that exactly?....her character had nothing to do with the tardis.

Hmm, perhaps RTD couldn't think of names so resulted in rearranging ones like 'TARDIS'.

Could just be a coincidence, all the same. As the Doctor once said; "Humans, always seeing paterns that aren't there." Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1557
Age : 33
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 6:47 pm

This episode was brilliant, beautiful, horrifying, sad, joyous, funny, and serious all at the same time. So much to say, but I'm going to hold my tongue until it airs on BBC America in order to keep the surprises intact.

I'd definitely rank it as best of the season (thus far, at least).


There was one bit that confused me though.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Awesome funny episode. Very Happy

Spoiler:
 


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 742
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 pm

I LOVED this episode; funny, exciting and heartbreaking all in one.

Although the fact that
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1557
Age : 33
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 7:16 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:

Although the fact that
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 7:17 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
I LOVED this episode; funny, exciting and heartbreaking all in one.

Although the fact that
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

That makes sense seems as River's second episode was named 'Forrest of the Dead'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 7:34 pm

I for one was glad that River wasnt in an episode, just like last week.
Back to top Go down
rdks
RANK: Celestial Intervention Agent


Number of posts : 3520
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 pm

That was awesome! Best Matt Smith episode yet. Ditch Moffat and hire this guy.

Off to watch it again!

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I for one was glad that River wasnt in an episode, just like last week.
Absolutely!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 8:29 pm

rdks wrote:
Ditch Moffat and hire this guy.


A whole series written by Neil would be AMAZING! Imagine how cool the finale would be!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1557
Age : 33
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 8:37 pm

I will say I was crushed when the Time Lord thing was considered a ruse. Well, not so much a ruse...but you know what I mean. Being a fan that wants to see the Time Lords return in some capacity, I was just as crushed as the Doctor when it turned out all that was left of them were the boxes.

The sad part of it was, the set up really would have worked to bring them back. A handful of stranded survivors trapped outside the Universe to be reintroduced. Gaiman even had me going by coming up with Corsair. I thought "surely, they wouldn't just throw that much detail at us for no reason..."

Never thought it was simply to see it on a arm.


Gah, that hurt. I still hope one day the Doctor will find the forgiveness he's looking for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary
RANK: Time Lord President


Number of posts : 7476
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 8:42 pm

I hear you, Rust! I'm sure it'll happen someday. I hope so at least. I mean, if Dalek Cann can break that time lock then surely the Doctor can too? Be good if he went against the rules of time and just changed it all. That might mess up the time line for 9 and 10 though since a lot of the Time War was discussed and used in their episodes.

Meh, I'm sure there is some way of reversing it. The possibilities are endless in Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Sat May 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Rust, I hadn't thought of it until you just mentioned it, but you're right: there was a surprisingly a lot of build up to this new mysterious character that was just dropped in an instant. It sure would have been a treat....but it doesn't matter too much because regardless, this was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: S6E4: The Doctor's Wife   Today at 4:03 am

Back to top Go down
 
S6E4: The Doctor's Wife
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: