Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: 1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video   Mon May 02, 2011 2:29 pm

I just got (from ebay) a 1975 Palitoy Talking Dalek for $73.00 - Its all original the Dalek is in mint working condition and the box is in pretty good shape considering its age, the Dalek still works. From my understanding it has a little record player inside and when you push the button on his dome the record player clicks on, plays the vintage sounding Battle cry or other sayings and then it clicks off... wonderful fun!

It is pretty heavyweight and well made, the accuracy is not to bad as well, I think it looks better then the 1960's Marx Daleks.

Here are a few photos I just snapped -

Last edited by ogron on Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redfern

Number of posts: 1157
Registration date: 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: 1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video   Mon May 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Yeah, before the development of inexpensive chips that could store and play back audio files, "miniature" record players were the medium for "talking" toys. The famous "laughing boxes" were probably the most widespread, but the same device was inserted into various toys. I have a Masudaya "Lost in Space" Robot that uses that technology. He "speaks" in English and Japanese. Obviously, a toy had to be a certain size for the playback box to fit, so things like a sonic screwdriver with the "authentic" sounds were just not possible.

Have you considered creating a video and uploading it to YouTube? It'd be really cool to watch and hear one of these collectibles in action.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mzzkiti.com

PostSubject: Re: 1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video   Mon May 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks for the info Bill, its amazing how far the technology has come.... I will upload a video to youtube.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video   Mon May 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Here is my very 1st youtube video featuring a Dr. Who "Toy"

Back to top Go down
Dalek Prototype

Number of posts: 188
Registration date: 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video   Mon May 02, 2011 9:40 pm

ogron wrote:
Here is my very 1st youtube video featuring a Dr. Who "Toy"

Fantastic! Great job. You've just made me very jealous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

Number of posts: 2106
Registration date: 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video   Tue May 03, 2011 3:01 pm

i like that thing, it looks like a tank! way better than the supreme that was in journey's end. good find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video   Tue May 03, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm very pleased with him, wanted one for years and years... He is well made, yes like a tank... Now if I can find a Silver and Blue one haha
Back to top Go down

1975 Palitoy "Talking Dalek" + Video

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum ::  :: -