Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:08 pm

i'm not saying they are the same thing, but does anyone else think that moffat is pulling a cartmel this series? he started planting the seeds all the way back by introducing river song. now we are seeing everything about her, including what her real relationship with the doctor is.

next, the silents/silence. he started that last year, and hopefully will wrap it up this year, but it looks like a huge storyline that will have encompassed many different eras of time.

third, or c, amy pond. he promised that this year will really be a "gamechanger" that will reveal the real relationship the doctor has with amy, and that everything will change.

will all these things add up to a huge plotline? will certain doctor who fans be disapointed because of it? i know there are a lot of moffat lover's out there, but i'm just worried that his "masterplan" is akin to the tv movie. how so? the tv movie changed things (the biggest complaint usually, the "half-human" line). i believe that moffat's masterplan will rewrite the doctor's past, future, and even change the earth timeline.

i know it's just a show, i'm just usually disapointed when promised "gamechangers" end up being cliched, or against known cannon (ex: wolverine origins). this is just one fans rant, agree or disagree. i'm just not looking forward to all the big "reveals" this series. more afraid of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Amy is River Songs mom.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Wow, that would be wild! As long as we don't get Timelord looms, I will try to enjoy it. I think he is trying to do some big revelation about the Doctor, what it is, is yet to be seen. If, Amy is River's mom, (and the Doctor is the father) I would be upset that the Doctor as a character had been put into that situation. Amy's reveal that she was pregnant to the Doctor, was a weird thing to reveal at that time she did. I hope it is Rory's child! It maybe the other way around, River is Amy's mom, and the Doctor is Amy's father!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I have always thought about RIVERsong and Amy POND and how they might be connected somehow, and they are both ginger.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I have always thought about RIVERsong and Amy POND and how they might be connected somehow, and they are both ginger.

Don't forget Jackson LAKE!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:26 pm

step child he dont count haha.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:13 pm

I don't think the two masterplans are related unless they bring back Ace ... which would be twelve flavors of awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 am

I keep trying to get the significance of Amy POND and duck POND.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:03 am

The Crack erased all the ducks from Leadworth's duck pond.
Amy Pond is actually an exile from Duckworld trapped in human form the Chameleon Arch wristwatch she wears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:43 am

The Duck Pond line was a throw away one to signify the Doctor wasn't finished regenerating yet and was getting distracted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:45 pm

i thought the duck pond was him noticing there were no ducks (which had been eaten by the crack), but people like amy still called it a duck pond, ignoring the fact that there was no ducks. just like she ignored why she didn't know how her parents died.

this was one of my biggest complaints about last series (/x-mas special). the doctor will notice something crucial to the plot of the story (/or arc), and then get distracted and carry on, like he had never noticed it in the first place! i just don't get it. i know that moffat is trying to give small clues to the audience, but the doctor shouldn't be that DENSE that he just forgets something very significant (he even refers to this in the pandorica opens, when he notices all the things amy says, but then just ignores them as coincidense).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:26 pm

I just chalk it up to Eleven's personality. Each Doctor has a different one, and Eleven's seems to be he's quick at grasping the larger picture but the smaller pieces tend to fly right by him.

It's not that he's dense, it's that he's seeing the problem differently from everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5896
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Rust wrote:
I just chalk it up to Eleven's personality. Each Doctor has a different one, and Eleven's seems to be he's quick at grasping the larger picture but the smaller pieces tend to fly right by him.

It's not that he's dense, it's that he's seeing the problem differently from everyone else.

That's kinda how I look at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Sun May 01, 2011 1:49 am

im intriqued, this is the first time i have really wanted to have all the episodes to watch at one time because i cant wait to see whats going to happen next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Sun May 01, 2011 10:31 pm

After thinking about this, I am glad there is a "plan" of some kind, and not the "Make it up as you go along" that happens on so many US shows. Like Lost or Heroes. That's why I liked Babylon 5, as JMS had a plan from Day 1 with the whole 5-year arc planned out.

The details thrown in last year made it obvious in hindsight that Moff did have a plan for the season arc very well thought out. Other things....well.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memnoch

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 am

Rust wrote:

I'm with you on that. He also seems to be very manic like Tennant, not switching to depression often, but when he does, it's a harsh huge hit.

We've been told several times that the Doctor's awareness in generally is off the charts. I don't just mean spot the difference in these two photos, I mean the extra Time Lord awareness. Seeing what timeline's individual decisions make, not just for himself, but everyone around him. I don't know if they were being literal when Eccleston made the few related statements about feeling a Planet's rotation, the whole of time, yadda yadda. I have always felt that within a Time Lord's genes PLUS the training they receive, they have keenly developed senses relating to causality and the butterfly effect, etc... Which backs up their claims to having the right to alter time (even though they're sworn to NEVER interfere!

Also, he's probably either a bit AD(H)D, easily distracted from either the mania, stuff being boring, or both of those, and even, all of the above... It's like, when you're staring into your refrigerator for five solid minutes looking for the jar of pickles, you have to ask your housemate / paramour / whatever, and when they pick it up, it was RIGHT there in front of you, not hiding behind something, partially obscured, but RIGHT there? ... Yeah, something like that!

</2cents>
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 am

AHEM! Look above to see who twigged the massive revelation early!

cheers

Who da man? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
AHEM! Look above to see who twigged the massive revelation early!

cheers

Who da man? Razz

OMG! So what other predictions do you have??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1653
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan   Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:57 pm

I like that there is a plan; I appreciated that Cartmel had a plan (especially in the wake of a particularly weak period of Who), and I am enjoying where the Moff has taken us thus far. Hopefully this plan will get to see its conclusion on TV, unlike the Cartmel Masterplan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com

cartmel's masterplan= moffat's masterplan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: