Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

S6E2: The Day of the Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rate S6E2: Day of the Moon
Fantastic, Brilliant, Molto Benne!
65%
 65% [ 24 ]
Okay, Average, 50/50
27%
 27% [ 10 ]
Terrible, rubbish, c'était nul!
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 10:16 am

I think *Ronpur has the right idea.

But..... Amy saw the girl in the Space suit at the End of Part one. The Silence didnt capture her to experiment till episode 2.

Now in order to regenerate you need 2 hearts or else that blows the end of Season 2 when 10s dup was left with rose.

So you need 2 Timelords to (Censored) to get a little timelord.

Sooooooo seeing how they split the season into 7 episodes and then 6 episodes in late summer or fall thanks BBC we get some time to stew with this

So Im banking the Silence used the Doctors DNA and a female timelord???????

I need more asperin from this Crap!!!! lol

So Jenny from season 4 could have a Sister? orrrrr is this Finally Susan
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 10:30 am

So many questions...so few answers. Plus it may be awhile before we get the answers when they have the mid-season break...then again, whose to say Moff will answer these questions this series? Regardless, I enjoyed both eps (especially watching them back to back).
Back to top Go down
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 10:33 am

Scarywood wrote:
... that day is when the Doctor doesn't remember her.

...because she fears it will kill her, I believe is the way that line went.

I thought this was a very good effort, above average without doubt. I was afraid there would be too much "what if"-itis over the past week leading to disappointment when the story unfolded as written (i.e., too many of us would develop our own theories, put a lot of stock in them, and then become disenchanted when Moffat didn't through some sort of psychic osmosis write when he developed the script using what we wanted now), but I was pleasantly surprised, not least by the final scene. There were a couple thing I didn't get though or that didn't ring quite authentic. For example, Nixon's nose was far too small. Razz I also had some difficulty with his lines, but then again, he did say "Sock it to me" on Laugh In, so maybe, under a prompt from the Doctor. And then there was the underlying premise. All this was supposed to take place while Jack was laying dying on the beach? Oh, wait, sorry, wrong mind-bending cliffhanger show. clown No, seriously, I'd give this a B+/A-, leaning towards the A-. And I did love seeing the desert (then again, all I need to do is take a short stroll and that's what I see everyday).

And I loved, loved, loved the Doctor in America program after the episode! Hope that winds up on the DVD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 11:13 am

I don't know what to think about these episodes. I miss just watching the show and enjoying it for fun and entertainment rather than having every week be so complicated that I feel I have to take notes because it "might be important later." It's becoming too much work and it's taking the fun out of it for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 12:06 pm

My thoughts on the little girl's origins.

The Silence somehow produced a child using Amy as the birthmother or surrogate, the girl might be Amy's natural child. Pictures in the room lend support to this possibility.
Somehow the Silence managed to get some DNA material from the Doctor and fused it into the baby.
Recall River stating that many races would do almost anything to get a sample of a Timelord cell or DNA.

The Silence can apparently manipulate a person's perception of time passing, hence the caretaker at the lodge. Amy also thought she was just captured when she was corrected by the Silence that she had been in their possession for several days, I think it was five days.

The growth rate of the child has somehow been sped up and the spacesuit is some sort of protective cocoon till she can survive on her own. The child's regen at the end of the story was because she was not ready to be out of her suit and the process kicked in because she was dying, as she herself mentioned.

The child is part of the Silence's effort to make their own Time Machine/TARDIS that was seen in this two parter and in the previous story "The Lodger."

Judging by events in "The Lodger" the Silence's efforts did not pay off in the end. There was the crisply burnt remains of a body in that episode. Suggestions made that it was likely the pilot. Maybe now the remains of a Silent, the child in a grown state, or someone else.

And theories on who shot the Doctor, am wondering a bit if it isn't somehow a ploy of the Dotor's himself. Amy did mentioning seeing someone, a Silent it would be said later, on the horizon, early in the first episode. The Doctor showed little interest in this statement or looking back and just glanced at Amy. Sort of the idea that he is trying to keep the timelines in motion.
Plus, how did the Doctor know the Spaceman would appear in the lake, to invite certain persons, including Canton and telling him to bring gasoline? He is either manipulating events or has been contacted by yet another version of himself after said events and is possibly trying to alter events.

Some items I see that currently do not work here. The President has been getting calls for two weeks prior to meeting the Doctor and then he steps in, at least as far as we know.
I recall a preview of an upcoming bit that shows the flatmate from the Lodger holding a baby and happy to see the Doctor. Have to think this somehow fits into events.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 12:25 pm

I hope you all took Good Notes Cause There is an Exam on Tuesday on all material Covered.

Sample Question

Compare and Contrast Dr Henry *Indiana Jones Jr and Dr River Songs Archaeology Styles

5000 word minimum:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 1:07 pm

My classes pretty much end on Monday, so no more papers for me!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm wondering if...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 4:26 pm

i just watched it again i think the ending with Nixon and C-3rd is funny.

When nixon walked in any room any one catch the gag with the music?

Hail to the Chief gets played *UK fans thats the Presidents Theme music

Keith and jany will sell 1000s of Silence figures cause we will forget the purchase almost immediately.

What was I typing about? i forgot ok the silence

What was I typing about?

Ok its annoying yet funny:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 5:10 pm

There was a discussion on another forum about Nixon, and how positive he was portrayed. I think it is simply because he had only been in office a few months, so by July 1969, he hadn't ad any major issues. And now we know why he was taping everyone illegally, it is all the Doctor's fault!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 5:40 pm

I thought the music part was Funny they should hook him up with Harriet Jones

Question: in 1969 Doctor Who Time Line was he Units Scientific adviser yet?

Oh Itunes has Updated Episode II is ready as well as xfinity Cable has it loaded on Demand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And now we know why he was taping everyone illegally, it is all the Doctor's fault!

There's still that missing 18 minutes of audio I suspect will end up playing a role in this season. I don't think this will be Nixon's last appearance.

Just a brief thought though:

The Space Suit Exosuit...thinking back on it, what it does, and what it seemed to be trying to do to the Little Girl...does anyone else get a Cyberman vibe from it? Very slapshod Cyberman vessel maybe, but there were some echoesI thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 6:35 pm

I thought there was a vashna nerada in it before the visor opened.

I saw read an interview that they are bringing back the original Cybermen from Telos this season.

I know they have plans for Torchwoods return but you think Capt will make an appearance on this Season after all he is a fixed point in time not a normal companion.

God i so need a life I hate the weekend lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 8:41 pm

YES, got a huge cyber-vibe from it! I expected them to show up by the end of the episode.

As for the Doctor being with UNIT, the 3rd Docs episodes were supposed to take place a few years after broadcast, with Sarah's first episode in 1980. That got messed up with Mawdryn Undead, and then we have the UNIT Dating Problems, lol. With the Brig retired from UNIT in 1977, when they had said 1980 he was with with UNIT. Even if we ignore Sarah from 1980, and let the episodes happen when they were broadcast, he was not with UNIT, but the Invasion had happened. SO, UNIT existed, and they knew of the Doctor.

Invasion would have been in 1968 or 1974.
The Doctor joined UNIT in 1970 or 1976.
He regenerated in 1974 or 1980!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 8:49 pm

i brought up Unit cause i thought he would mention them to get out of a jam.

Well Have to Thank the BBC this episode was it for my weekend. I think my Dog watched for about 10 minutes till i realized she had to go out oops but I had to see the scenes for next Week.

The bad thing about this episode is i keep looking out of the corner of my eye, listening for creaks. and checking under the bed for monsters Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 8:55 pm

LOL, the kid's home was the worst for me, very creepy! Who doesn't usually freak me out, but that did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Who was the Lady with the Eye Patch??? at the home

I smell The High Council of the Timelords at work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 9:09 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
Who was the Lady with the Eye Patch??? at the home

I smell The High Council of the Timelords at work

Yes, another question!! LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 9:38 pm

It's the CIA, they get their fingers into everything!
Back to top Go down
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 9:38 pm

What worries me about the Eye Patch Lady is the potential for this entire season to literally be a Dream Sequence by Amy. I doubt it, but there is obviously some "Not Reality" sequences going on, which makes me take anything Amy saw in that room with a large grain of salt - specifically the picture of her holding an infant. I really think Amy's kid is a red herring in this story.

That being said, the pure white background was last seen in conjunction with a Time Lord manifestation (Namely the Lady in White to Wilf). I really do wonder if Moffat is building to the return of the Time Lords.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 9:45 pm

I just love the mystery stuff. I just hope the resolution isn't a let down.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 9:53 pm

It's why I'm trying hard not to put stock into fan theories in the hopes of not being disappointed. Laughing

Another fun little observation by moi:

The Time Child's regeneration energy discharge is a very Deep Red-Gold color, compared to the Doctor's Sandy (or True) Gold and the Master's White-Gold. So she is someone new in that regard, and potentially not related to the Doctor at all (As Jenny inherited her father's "color" so to speak).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 10:15 pm

I think Eye lady is a scientist. Now the Timelord have often been referred to as the oldest civilization. Maybe the Silence are working for the Timelords.

Bringing back the Timelords = $$$$$$$$$$$ in merchandising Smile

Last edited by rmlextreme on Sun May 01, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
I dont think regeneration is color coded i think its how much they choose to spend on Effect for the episode lol.

Thus far, every regeneration sequence we've seen has had a different color for different characters. That suggests to me that it's not a budget issue, it's a aesthetic choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Sun May 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Yes but my head hurts from information overload lol. I watched the episode on my ipad
and my eyes are wonky from it
Back to top Go down
View user profile

S6E2: The Day of the Moon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: