Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

S6E2: The Day of the Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Rate S6E2: Day of the Moon
Fantastic, Brilliant, Molto Benne!
65%
 65% [ 24 ]
Okay, Average, 50/50
27%
 27% [ 10 ]
Terrible, rubbish, c'était nul!
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Thu May 05, 2011 11:22 am

Great start to this new exciting series of who, I'll bet money that the "person" in the space suit that shoots the Dr. at the beginning is River Song... why she would I don't know. Couple of things stand out and you can tell me what episodes it was is - Wasn't River incarcerated for killing someone, didn't the Dr. ask who did you kill... when the Dr. comes face to face with the spacesuit he said "I know who you are" and after the DR. is shot River opens fire as the Space suit person is going back into the lake and after she empty's her gun with out hitting her target (highly doubtful that she misses after her great shooting skills are demonstrated when battling the silences) and she says "no of course not" meaning she cant shoot herself?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5984
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Thu May 05, 2011 11:37 am

ogron wrote:
Great start to this new exciting series of who, I'll bet money that the "person" in the space suit that shoots the Dr. at the beginning is River Song... why she would I don't know. Couple of things stand out and you can tell me what episodes it was is - Wasn't River incarcerated for killing someone, didn't the Dr. ask who did you kill... when the Dr. comes face to face with the spacesuit he said "I know who you are" and after the DR. is shot River opens fire as the Space suit person is going back into the lake and after she empty's her gun with out hitting her target (highly doubtful that she misses after her great shooting skills are demonstrated when battling the silences) and she says "no of course not" meaning she cant shoot herself?

I've been thinking the same thing. It's the most plausible explanation given what we've seen so far. But you're right. Why would she? Something we haven't seen yet, obviously. Also, how did she get the spacesuit? ebay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Thu May 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Nasa had a side walk sale ?

The suit repairs itself and it captured her.

I smell Cybermen Technology all over this.

I still have no Idea who I patch lady is. And did anyone catch there was a flicker in the room amy was in. It was a Hologram.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5984
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Thu May 05, 2011 1:58 pm

rmlextreme wrote:

The suit repairs itself and it captured her.

I smell Cybermen Technology all over this.

Ahhhh... Right...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Fri May 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Clavius wrote:

As for shooting the Silent, moving frame by frame (god I'm a nerd) I don't see any indication that Rory is aware of the Silent BUT there is a bright flash of light about a split second before River draws her gun and shoots it. Perhaps THAT is what she was reacting to. Still though, neither of them is looking directly at the Silent at that moment, so again, blooper or clue?

After having embedded a clip of the Silent they had captured on live television with the moon landing, the Silent couldn't edit themselves out the minds of mankind, so even though they weren't looking at the Silent, they still knew they were about. When River shoots the one Silent while looking at Rory, we can still hear it snarling/growling which means that River could hear it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Fri May 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Okay so I have one issue with the whole River is the one in the spacesuit and shoots the Doctor. If it was her then how would anyone else have known it was her and how could she be in jail for killing him? Since no one saw her in the spacesuit and it goes back into the water right after?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Fri May 06, 2011 4:41 pm

I think it is a clone that is killed and the real doctor is the one in the suit.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Fri May 06, 2011 6:30 pm

i think whoosier is right, or a clone of me. one of the two. or both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Fri May 06, 2011 7:31 pm

I have a theory that the future Doctor, that was killed by the Astronaut, could be one of the Flesh clones or whatever they are in Episodes 5 & 6, I think DWM mentioned that those episodes would play a vital role in this series.

Last edited by DoctorOlly on Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Fri May 06, 2011 8:07 pm

I though this two parter was pretty good, really liked it. I hope the rest of the season is good as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S6E2: The Day of the Moon   Today at 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down

S6E2: The Day of the Moon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: