Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 pm

I am glad too, and can't wait to see Sarah's final adventures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Wed May 04, 2011 1:01 pm

It's deeply saddening that we've lost her, and sad that the series will no longer continue. But it wouldn't be right to carry on 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' without 'Sarah Jane'. For that reason I am glad that there will not be a series 6.

At least we get to see series 5. I know I'll be watching it with a box of tissues at my side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Wed May 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Might I ask which episodes were completed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5984
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Wed May 04, 2011 1:18 pm

I haven't seen any information on the three completed stories as far as titles, guest cast, plot summaries, or anything. I'm sure we'll hear all about them soon enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Wed May 04, 2011 1:44 pm

All we know is that three of them were completed. Though if it was me, I'd have made the first three before the break and then made the last three.

SeaDevil wrote:
We agree yet again! I am very pleased to read this official statement. Thanks for providing the link, CGren123.

Not a problem, SeaDevil. I'm just glad the BBC isn't going to try and do the Sarah Jane Adventures without her. It just wouldn't be the same without her.

Last edited by CGren123 on Wed May 04, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Wed May 04, 2011 1:50 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I haven't seen any information on the three completed stories as far as titles, guest cast, plot summaries, or anything. I'm sure we'll hear all about them soon enough.
Well, they filmed what was to be episodes 1/2,3/4, & 11/12. Ashley Way directed them. Two are written by Phil Ford and one by Gareth Roberts. As for guest cast, the only names I've found are Lily Loveless, Peter Bowles, Christine Stephen-Daly, and James Dreyfuss.

Luke is still at school but he does appear in one of the completed episodes.

As for plot details, I know a few, but aren't sure if they're part of the completed episodes or not. I'll spoiler tag them just in case.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5984
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Wed May 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks for the info, rdks! I knew somebody would find out. Sarah Jane would be proud of your investigative skills!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonwes

Number of posts : 4623
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Wed May 04, 2011 2:34 pm

I was glad 11/12 was one of the episodes filmed because they usually have a good "end" tag at the finale which should make a good ending to the show proper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Thu May 05, 2011 9:56 am

I find it shocking that The Sun is still running their incorrect story with no retraction, lol. Maybe they still believe it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 am

Ronpur wrote:
I find it shocking that The Sun is still running their incorrect story with no retraction, lol. Maybe they still believe it?

To quote a dear, dear friend of mine, "The Sun is run by a bunch of brain dead F**kwits."

I'm glad they're ending it there and not trying to continue it without Elisabeth. It just wouldn't be the same and I bet they would lose a large percentage of their audience if they tried that. This way, not only will Sarah Jane get the dignified end she deserves, but the viewers will be left with the impression that their adventures are continuing Smile The best things end not with a bang, but with a whisper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)   Today at 10:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Future of SJA (speculation, awaiting news)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Spin Offs & Crossovers-
Jump to: