Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:01 pm

now i have to watch tomb of the cybermen again...after seeing all this....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 5896
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:05 pm

greenk9 wrote:

The Doctor: You look very nice in that dress, Victoria.

Victoria: Thank you. Don't you think it's a bit...

The Doctor: A bit short? Oh, I shouldn't worry about that. Look at Jamie's.

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
greenk9 wrote:

The Doctor: You look very nice in that dress, Victoria.

Victoria: Thank you. Don't you think it's a bit...

The Doctor: A bit short? Oh, I shouldn't worry about that. Look at Jamie's.

cheers

a classic indeed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:37 pm

i used to think the cybermats were called cybercats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1653
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:23 pm

I love the redesigned cybermats, and I can't wait to see how they factor into the story. I have missed those little varmints. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Mondasian Cybermen :

Notice the Cybus logo is removed. They also have guns.

This is an official picture from the BBC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:03 pm

I hope that isn't right.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

From what I've be told, it is.

Those are Mondasian Cybermen facing down Roman Rory in a scene from episode 6. The beeb released the picture a few hours ago. Apparently there was not enough money for a full redesign. We could still see a cameo by something different, but I'm not holding my breath.

At least we can easily customize our existing Cybusmen figures into these guys instead of having to repurchase a boatload of them. Though I'll probably still buy a few, just to get the guns. Unless they're just Preacher guns.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:34 pm

rdks wrote:
Mondasian Cybermen :

Notice the Cybus logo is removed. They also have guns.

This is an official picture from the BBC.

I was going to post that... Even copied it to my Photobucket... Got distracted on another forum...

Rory must REALLY like that armor...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Those are preacher guns, and

this officially SUCKS! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:57 pm

I am totally Cyberbummed now. I wish they had not filmed in America now if had meant getting a redesign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:35 pm

I like em. Very Happy Well of course when it comes to Doctor Who I'm not too fussy. Razz Laughing Man how I wish I could see series 6 when everyone else does. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:46 pm

You just have to remember to expect disappointment when you hear the words "Moffat" and "redesign" in the same sentence. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 am

I don't understand all the dislike of the RTD Cybermen. I thought they were brilliant! I for one am happy Moff continues to use them. His redesigns last year of classic enemies were less-than-satisfactory, IMO. (I'd rather not have Cybermen all different colors like you-know-what)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 am

They are not our universe's Cybermen. They should not be so prolific in our universe as has been shown. The Cybusmen were all sucked into the void. And then the group was found to be lost in old England, etc. Plus, Cybermen have always evolved in our universe, so we should see an evolved version. I am hoping these are just Cybusmen, and the Mondas Cybermen are still being kept secret. Maybe they will meet each other, and then, merge designs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:39 am

Yes, I know, but consider this. Everything in the alt-universe was the same as in our universe. Why not the Cybermen? Sure, Lumic made these versions here on Earth, but couldn't he be an agent of the Cybermen in their universe just like Professor Bracewell was in our universe for the Daleks? After all, Bracewell thought he invented/created them. Why not Lumic? He could have been making the Cybermen here on Earth as their invasion force, but not of his actual creation.

It's as good a theory as anything. It makes sense to me, especially after Victory of the Daleks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 am

I had another theory a while back....that Pete's World gets thrown into our universe into the distant past and becomes...Mondas, a duplicate Earth. Then, these Cybermen would become our Cybermen, and the evolution would become a devolution, as the resources on Mondas ran out and the Cybermen became more basic as we saw in the 10th Planet. Then, after taking to space, gaining more resources, they evolved until they could become their old selves again.

But, I want a new Cyberman action figure!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 am

That's a pretty interesting theory, too, Ron. I could buy that. Either way, it's entirely possible that Cybermen in the alternate universe could look the same as those in our universe. After all, everything else did. It's sci-fi. Why not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:57 pm

The Mondas Cybers also have a lot darker "Joints" compared to their Pete's World brethren.

I for one love it. I loved the Cybus design and I'm glad it's not going away, but I'm equally glad they finally dropped the Cybus logo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Rust wrote:
The Mondas Cybers also have a lot darker "Joints" compared to their Pete's World brethren.

I for one love it. I loved the Cybus design and I'm glad it's not going away, but I'm equally glad they finally dropped the Cybus logo.

Yeah that logo got old fast. Wouldn't ya say? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Remember the line the cyberleader said in The Pandorica Opens?

"All universes will be deleted."

so the implication is that these are still the otherverse's cybermen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Remember the line the cyberleader said in The Pandorica Opens?

"All universes will be deleted."

so the implication is that these are still the otherverse's cybermen.

Oh yes I do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:19 am

It's possible that the crack unsealed the walls between the altverses.
Or our universe's Cybermen may have just upgraded themselves to look similar because that design was the next logical step. It's not so radically different that they couldn't have thought of it themselves. The altverse doesn't have a monopoly on the "deleted" either.
I like the Bryan Hitch redesign so I'm not bothered that they kept it. I wish they had taken the circles off the chestplates completely though. It makes it look like something is missing.
It's interesting that as the years went on the Cyberman designs got more sophisticated but it doesn't neccessarily match up with the in story chronology of the Cybermen. An evolution of the Cybermen picture would probably look very erratic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*   Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:18 am

Since we're getting this episode soon... *Bump?*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Series 6 filming pictures - *SPOILERS*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: