Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Revoltech

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scary

Number of posts : 7474
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Anyone know where I can find Revoltech Toy Story figures in the UK, besides ePay?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 pm

I dunno where in the UK - I've had to order via ePay because some of the places in the States always list them but I can never catch them in stock. I've gotten a couple of them - Vash the Stampede from Trigun and the Alien from Alien. They are very cool figures! Hope you find someone in the UK that can get them to you!
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:19 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
I dunno where in the UK - I've had to order via ePay because some of the places in the States always list them but I can never catch them in stock. I've gotten a couple of them - Vash the Stampede from Trigun and the Alien from Alien. They are very cool figures! Hope you find someone in the UK that can get them to you!

Thanks!

I have actually found one on ePay but the postage is quite a lot as it's from Hong Kong. Sadly it's the only one I can find on there, too.

I think I'll check Amazon.co.uk, though they'll probably be as bad as ePay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Woody wrote:

Thanks!

I have actually found one on ePay but the postage is quite a lot as it's from Hong Kong. Sadly it's the only one I can find on there, too.

I know what you mean about the shipping from Hong Kong - it seems that it costs more for the shipping than paying for the figure! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Woody wrote:

Thanks!

I know what you mean about the shipping from Hong Kong - it seems that it costs more for the shipping than paying for the figure! Good luck!

Agreed!

I couldn't find another one so I caved in on paying 38 for it. All the people I had asked had actually said pay no more than 35 so I think I did pretty well. Razz

I'll post pictures when he arrives! May be a while though seems as it is coming from Hong Kong. Nonetheless, I can't wait! I love Toy Story and the fact that it's pretty much the best figure of Woody out there.

Now then, best get saving for Buzz! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Wow, those are some nice figures. I've never heard of them before and just looked them up. Pretty expensive to get them here, though. Maybe when I'm in Japan next month I'll pick a few up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 pm

rdks wrote:
Wow, those are some nice figures. I've never heard of them before and just looked them up. Pretty expensive to get them here, though. Maybe when I'm in Japan next month I'll pick a few up.

Yeah, they look pretty awesome and have AMAZING features. Like with the Woody, you can take the face apart and move the eyes to whatever position you want them in!

Also, be sure to take some pictures of the Doctor in Japan and share here! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Woody wrote:
Oh, believe me, I will. I'm taking Pertwee, Tom, a Dalek, and a Cyberman. I plan on taking pictures of them everywhere I go!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Woody wrote:

Yeah, they look pretty awesome and have AMAZING features. Like with the Woody, you can take the face apart and move the eyes to whatever position you want them in!

Man - I've looked at three different sites for Woody. He's either sold
out our goes for quite a few bucks. I hope you find him for a
reasonable price. He does look awesome though!
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Woody wrote:

Man - I've looked at three different sites for Woody. He's either sold
out our goes for quite a few bucks. I hope you find him for a
reasonable price. He does look awesome though!

I have actually just bought him. I can't wait until he arrives! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 pm

rdks wrote:
Woody wrote:
Oh, believe me, I will. I'm taking Pertwee, Tom, a Dalek, and a Cyberman. I plan on taking pictures of them everywhere I go!

That's awesome! I look forward to seeing them. Japan's culture is just purely awesome and I'd love to go there some day and take my own pictures of the Doctor and my Daleks too! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Woody wrote:

Excellent! Congrats! cheers
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Woody wrote:

Excellent! Congrats! cheers

Thanks! Very Happy

As I said before, I think I did quite well at getting him for 38 as others had said that 35 should be the maximum I should pay. 3 difference, not bad at all, me thinkz! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:05 am

When I bought Revoltech Fraulein Haruka Hasegawa last year, it took a bloody month for her to arrive. It actually came right at the same moment I was typing out a complaint e-mail to the seller.

Seems England and Japan are the only places with good figures, eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:23 am

The Castellan wrote:

It certainly seems that way!
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:56 am

The Castellan wrote:

There are some great American lines too, like Star Wars... But then again, we shhouldn't get onto that subject, should we? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:39 am

38 for one figue is very expensive! I think I will stick to who, even though these look plain awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 am

Doctor Who Freak wrote:
38 for one figue is very expensive! I think I will stick to who, even though these look plain awesome!

You have to keep in mind these are proper Japanese collectibles. They come with a ton of accessories, interchangeable hands, faces, clothes etc. They also come with a box that has a LOAD of information on (be it Japanese or English Laughing), the articulation is like a Star Wars figures x100 (seriously, some of the joints on these figures are actually known as 'miracle joints') and frankly it's worth the money!

It does mean I'll have to wait a while for my SWD, but I'll live. I'm patient unlike the majority. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Woody wrote:
Doctor Who Freak wrote:

You have to keep in mind these are proper Japanese collectibles. They come with a ton of accessories, interchangeable hands, faces, clothes etc. They also come with a box that has a LOAD of information on (be it Japanese or English Laughing), the articulation is like a Star Wars figures x100 (seriously, some of the joints on these figures are actually known as 'miracle joints') and frankly it's worth the money!

It does mean I'll have to wait a while for my SWD, but I'll live. I'm patient unlike the majority. Cool
Wow! They sound great! But sadly I'm broke... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Doctor Who Freak wrote:
Woody wrote:
Doctor Who Freak wrote:

Wow! They sound great! But sadly I'm broke... No

As you know, I have been the exact same way for a while. The money I just blew on this item is gunna leave me without new figures for the next three weeks. But I don't mind too much as I am content with what I already have, which is partially the reason I waited 4 - 5 months for my Remembrance set (in the end I gave up and spent my money on some other Doctor Who goodies).

Hang in there, mate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:49 pm

My Revoltech Woody came today, all the way from Hong Kong. I have some pictures of him with Doctor Who figures, but I will have a full review uploaded on Thursday, or maybe Friday, on Youtube. I'll post the video here when it is up.

Anyhow, pictures (really, really sorry for the poor quality - I really need a new camera that has auto focus as the manual focus I have doesn't even work!);

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Ha! Those pics are great! They're so alive. It's like Woody visiting a Doctor Who convention. Wonderful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:00 pm

rdks wrote:
Ha! Those pics are great! They're so alive. It's like Woody visiting a Doctor Who convention. Wonderful!

Thanks! That's a funny way of seeing it actually! I might take more photos of him visiting more monster at another 'convention' soon. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Nice! How is the articulation? The Vash the Stampede Revoltech figure I have is cool, yet I'm scared to really mold him into different poses because the joints seem really stiff.
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Revoltech   Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Guvnagrover wrote:
Nice! How is the articulation? The Vash the Stampede Revoltech figure I have is cool, yet I'm scared to really mold him into different poses because the joints seem really stiff.

The joints on Woody are more than easy to move, in fact they come out sometimes but easily clip back in. I must say that the articulation is outstanding. When I was taking those photos it felt like the Doctor Who figures were from 20 years ago and Woody had the new, modern revolutionary joints. Razz

Anyway, I'm not to sure about those figures that you have in particular, but like a Doctor Who figure, I think it just needs a little push to loosen it a bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Revoltech
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Collecting-
Jump to: