Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Colbster

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:36 pm

They all fell over many times before I could get a good shot. That Yoda is actually photo shopped in, since I forgot him when I took the photo. I had already taken them all down, and there was no way I was going to set them all up again just to get Yoda in there. I also forgot the blue Snaggletooth , but that's ok. Yeah, I wonder if they will do 12" figure from all of the original films. I would love a 12" classic Squid Head!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7474
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:53 am

Ah yes... Blue Snaggletooth. That's one figure that I'm almost sure I will never get. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:47 am

Got a lot of Star Wars stuff from the very good Bobamatt today!! And amongst the haul is indeed some vintage Kenner figures, watch to see which ones! Very Happy

Thanks again to Boba! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:56 am

The item I offered you before is still available, Scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 pm

FYI:

It is Hoth Luke in the video, not a generic rebel soldier.

But I'm sure you know that by now... Wink

And to nitpick, it's Boe-ba Fett, not Bob-ah (long o)

And my 12" Luke & Sandman came today! Pics to come!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:32 am

Krynoid wrote:
FYI:

It is Hoth Luke in the video, not a generic rebel soldier.

But I'm sure you know that by now... Wink

And to nitpick, it's Boe-ba Fett, not Bob-ah (long o)

And my 12" Luke & Sandman came today! Pics to come!!

Yeah, I know it's Luke now. Laughing

English say Bob-ah because it would frankly sound weird with our accents if we said Boe-ba.

Anywho, I got my Bossk today! And I don't know what it is but he absolutely stinks too, so I'm giving him a wash before I take any pictures. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:30 pm

I don't get it... why would it sound weird to pronounce it like it's spelled? Boba, not Bobba.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Calixar wrote:
I don't get it... why would it sound weird to pronounce it like it's spelled? Boba, not Bobba.

I am pronouncing it how it's spelt... It's how every English Star Wars fan I've ever come accross has pronounced it. But I don't see how it's that important anyway? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Scary, of course it's not important, it's always all in fun...

...have you ever seen the Spike TV Star Wars commercials? There are four of them and they are included on the newly released Blu-Rays (and of course Youtube).

I bring it up because there is a Boba Fett one that has two guys call him "Bubba". They don't call him "Bubba" a second time Wink

Not quite "Bobba" but close enough to risk annoying one of the universe's most bad-ass bounty hunters!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobamatt

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Oh, man.. some of the names I've heard when trooping in my Boba Fett suit...

I've been called "Clone guy," "Dark Vader" "Jango" and, my favorite, "Robocop"

Pronunciation isn't important to me as long as you know he's not Robocop!!! LOL!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Robocop?!?! Really?

Sheesh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Nobody sends me nuffin' Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:28 am

Bossk stills reaks. Has anyone else experienced this? It smells like it's rotting from the inside. It's absolutely revolting, I nearly threw up. I've left him outside in the garden for now because it's that bad.

If I can't get rid of the horrible odour it's producing, does anyone want it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobamatt

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:08 am

That's strange. I've never personally had that problem, but can imagine that it probably absorbed the smell from it's surroundings, like how figures that come from smoker's homes are yellowed and reek of smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:14 am

Hmmm, any ideas on how to rid of it? Maybe I should just leave it outside for a few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobamatt

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Maybe try soaking him in soapy water or rubbing alcohol? I really don't know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Scary wrote:
Hmmm, any ideas on how to rid of it? Maybe I should just leave it outside for a few days.

Vinegar is good for killing odours but I don't know what it might do to the paint.

ditto with baking soda

Did you get his rifle too? He came with a cool gun. Just keep that and garage sale Bossk and look for another one if you can't remove the smell. He's fairly easy to find.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:50 pm

I just got hold of my first Star Wars toy I ever had, the Landspeeder!! I have my old C3PO, but can't find my original Luke to put in it!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:15 am

Ronpur wrote:
I just got hold of my first Star Wars toy I ever had, the Landspeeder!! I have my old C3PO, but can't find my original Luke to put in it!!

That's awesome! Any chances of some pictures? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:18 am

Bobamatt wrote:
Maybe try soaking him in soapy water or rubbing alcohol? I really don't know...

Krynoid wrote:
Scary wrote:

Vinegar is good for killing odours but I don't know what it might do to the paint.

ditto with baking soda

Did you get his rifle too? He came with a cool gun. Just keep that and garage sale Bossk and look for another one if you can't remove the smell. He's fairly easy to find.

No unfortunately I didn't get the rifle, but I guess I now have a reason to find another one with the rifle on eBay.

I've tried soapy water, deodrant, boiling water... Non have worked. So if anyone wants him (for free) then PM me, otherwise he's off to the chairty shop with the next lot of old stuff that we get rid of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:17 pm

I took this pic of a package of Star Wars figures at Target this afternoon with my cell phone camera. That's the shortest Snowtrooper I've ever seen! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Is that a production error or something? Like.. A really bad one? LOL. Or did someone steal the Snowtrooper and replace it with that? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Or I should have said: "Aren't you a little short for a Snowtrooper?" Razz

It looks like a totally bizarre production error to me, Scary. The package was not tampered with, so it came this way from the factory. But it's not just that the wrong set of figures were packaged with this card; the middle guy (don't know who that is, but it is definitely not IG-88) and Anakin are too short/small for their respective bubbles, and even though Boskk fits in his bubble, his gun looks like it was just haphazardly thrown on top of him as an afterthought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:44 pm

I thought that when I saw the middle guy... And yeah, that gun doesn't even look like it's from Star Wars. Looks more GI Joe to me.

Either way, it certainly looks like Hasbro need to employ factory workers that have better vision and/or mental stability. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:49 pm

My guess this is something someone bought and returned. They wanted the Snowtrooper and had an extra Anakin to get rid of. I have seen this happen with GiJoe being replaced with cheaper 12 in figures. Very sad and disgusting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Collecting-
Jump to: