Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Today I received some more figures; Luke, Ben, Chewie and a Stormie! Smile

INTRODUCING; STORMTROOPER BOB!!!

Awesomeness! Very Happy

Last edited by Scarywood on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whofan 1138

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:27 am

That's great, scary ! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:00 pm

whofan 1138 wrote:
That's great, scary ! Smile

Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey Scary, I love the pic of Bob turning the sink knob, which looks like it could be some kind of droid! I can imagine the knob like one of those robots inside the Sandcrawler, or roving about the streets of Mos Eisley. The pic of him trying to operate the TARDIS is a good one, too. I can imagine him saying "Wish... elbows... could... bend!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:52 pm

happydalek wrote:
Hey Scary, I love the pic of Bob turning the sink knob, which looks like it could be some kind of droid! I can imagine the knob like one of those robots inside the Sandcrawler, or roving about the streets of Mos Eisley. The pic of him trying to operate the TARDIS is a good one, too. I can imagine him saying "Wish... elbows... could... bend!"

Haha! Thanks mate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Got my Princess Leia today!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:34 pm

A new arrival! C-3PO! Though I've included Leia and Vader in these pics since I haven't used them properly yet in one of my little 'photo shoots'. Wink

Introducing; Vader and his creation!

"Darth Vader! Only you could be so bold!"

*Play Indiana Jones theme tune*

"Last time we met, Darth, I was just a pupil. Now I am the master!"

"KII CHIII!!!"

"Ohh Threepio, thank you ever so much!"
"No problem, it's all in a day's work, Princess."

More soon! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:31 am

My latest figures that came in today!

Some Jawas next, me thinks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whofan 1138

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:39 pm

wow ! looks like you're on your way to getting all of the earliest figures. love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:31 pm

whofan 1138 wrote:
wow ! looks like you're on your way to getting all of the earliest figures. love it. Smile

Yeah, just need my Jawa now and then I'll have all of the 12backs! Very Happy

After that, I think I want to get Greedo and Walrusman. Then I'm gunna turn my focuses to Who for a bit and then come back to this line. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Jawa, Tusken Raider, and Death Squad Commander were the hard-to-find ones. I don't know if they were "short-packed" (now that would be an interesting research project to find out the case distribution for those original 12 figures!), but that was my first experience with understanding that some figures were harder to find than others (I eventually did get all 12, though!).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 pm

happydalek wrote:
Jawa, Tusken Raider, and Death Squad Commander were the hard-to-find ones. I don't know if they were "short-packed" (now that would be an interesting research project to find out the case distribution for those original 12 figures!), but that was my first experience with understanding that some figures were harder to find than others (I eventually did get all 12, though!).

Yeah, that may be why the vinyl cape Jawa is so rare, as well as the fact that it was only on the pegs for 6 months.

However, my Tusken and Death Star Commander didn't cost too much at all from eBay. But I imagine that is because of all the recards on the ESB and ROTJ cards that were produced later on. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:38 pm

I love that Hammerhead figure; it's probably one of my favorites. Even if you did not know what Star Wars was, you would still probably think "wow, that's a cool looking alien; I want that." I think the figure originally came with a gun as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:02 pm

He came with a stormtrooper blaster. That was the first figure I got back in the day. It was given to me by cousins in my Easter basket.
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Yikes! I had forgotten about these in the big tidal wave of new DW merchandise that's been thrown at us lately. Must get my Jawa soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Speaking of Jawas...my latest acquisitions in the Gentle Giant's 12" Kenner collection:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Oh they look awesome! I wanted to get the Boba Fett one - my Comic Book Store has the whole collection thus far - but they're so expensive... *Sigh* Maybe one day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Hey Scary, I got three more in the mail today. This is the whole set as of now (Luke and Sandman out any day now...)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 pm

I don't know if you've ever heard of this one Scary: The Rocket firing Boba Fett!

(4" not 12")

You can just see the red rocket over his right shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:06 am

The 12" ones look so awesome! I love that the packaging can be easily resealed, too.

Yeah, I actually have that rocket firing Boba! I had him carded for a long time but then I couldn't resist it after watching videos of it in action... Only to find that the firing mechanism doesn't work that great on my one anyway. Oh well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colbster

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:42 am

I have a ton of vintage Star Wars and new Star Wars, and I still like the vintage stuff the best! Just got my 12" Tusken Raider the other day, and I have Greedo on order. I really like the classic 12" re-issues, but they are pricey. Here is a shot of my stuff, and another of the bounty hunters.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:44 am

AWESOME!! I aspire to have a large collection like that soon. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:52 am

This thread has become depressing... I used to have them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Colbster

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Scary wrote:
AWESOME!! I aspire to have a large collection like that soon. cheers

Looks like you are well on your way!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krynoid

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:31 pm

It must have been murder getting them all to stand up Wink With that density, just one bump and down they all go (except Max Rebo)!

I am very proud to say that I have the entire line of vintage Star Wars figz (of the 4" range) from R2D2 to Yak Face, plastic caped Jawa, blue Snaggletooth and 3 legged R2 included cheers

And now we have this very cool but very expensive 12" vintage line killin' my bank account.
I was hoping they were only going to release the first 12 only (and Fett) but the news of Greedo has me concerned that they won't know when to stop!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Collecting-
Jump to: