Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 1:08 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Sniffs, I miss my Death Star Playset. Sad

I bet that was cool - I have 90% of the Star Wars Micro Machine "Action Fleet" Range back home with the death star play set for that range. Those were pretty cool, must find the ones I'm missing on ebay... <sigh> maybe one day!
Back to top Go down
Scary

Number of posts : 7474
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 6:47 am

Wow, Whofan, they are cool! I must get some of these playsets once I've got all of the figures. Especially that Hoth set, that looks amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whofan 1138

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 12:18 pm

they were well loved, Ogron. Smile

that stinks, Whoosier... but, it's better to have had and loved a Death Star play set, than to not have had and loved a Death Star play set at all... like me. tongue (kidding) I never had the D.S. play set or the Falcon, when I was a kid. I wanted them both so bad....

Scary- thanks !!!! it was fun getting it all out, last night. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 12:25 pm

whofan 1138 wrote:
they were well loved, Ogron. Smile

that stinks, Whoosier... but, it's better to have had and loved a Death Star play set, than to not have had and loved a Death Star play set at all... like me. tongue (kidding) I never had the D.S. play set or the Falcon, when I was a kid. I wanted them both so bad....

Scary- thanks !!!! it was fun getting it all out, last night. Cool

I imagine it was! I'd love to find out my old toys when I'm older. Like I say, it must be a magical feeling! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 12:26 pm

well, it helps when other people express an interest... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 12:58 pm

whofan 1138 wrote:
well, it helps when other people express an interest... Laughing

Haha! Yeah, I dunno what it is but I just love the Kenner line. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Sniffs, I miss my Death Star Playset. Sad
I remember my brother & I playing with that thing for years. I loved it! I still have the Trash Compactor monster around somewhere. About 8 years ago we found it buried in my mother's garden.

The other set that I have fond memories of was the Jawa Robot Construction set. That thing was so much fun, building your own robots. I'd love to get one of those again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 4:18 pm

rdks wrote:
About 8 years ago we found it buried in my mother's garden.

I saw a video on Youtube. Someone had found an AT-AT driver in a bush in his garden 20 years later! Amazing stuff! I know I've lost a Clone Wars Yoda in my garden. Wonder if I'll ever find it in a couple of decades! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Sun May 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Found this on Google Images and thought it pretty cool! Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 pm

I just received my small head Han Solo, and he is so cool! Goes nicely with the modern "Big Momma Falcon," too;

Well I am definitely pleasantly surprised! The pictures on eBay made him look a bit more of a beater than he actually is in hand, though he still has some paint loss on the hair and his hands. Other than that he is pretty mint. The limbs aren't very loose, either.

Also, I'm quite happy about the gun. The listing never mentioned it and the picture never showed it so I was happy to find it at the bottom of the package this morning! Very Happy

I don't have the big head version but I know that if/when I get it, I will much prefer this version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:42 pm

very nice... Cool I remember having 2 or 3 of that one, as a kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobamatt

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Something tells me Scary will receive a few more vintage Star Wars figures very soon....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 pm

bobamatt wrote:
Something tells me Scary will receive a few more vintage Star Wars figures very soon....

It isnt a square plexi box with lights flashing in it and a persnickity attitude that told you? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Scarywood wrote:

This would look so cool in color!
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:53 pm

bobamatt wrote:

Well I do have a few on the way to me from eBay and I do intend to get my grubby hands on ALL 92 by next year. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Scarywood wrote:

[img]

This would look so cool in color!

Agreed!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Hey Scary,
I showed you this picture once before, but only as my avatar -- now that I can actually post pictures thanks to Lt Viper's instructions, here is the pic of my R2D2 collection again. The vintage (first one that ever came out!) is the one foregrounded in the center, closest to the camera:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:51 am

Ahh yes, I remember this picture! Very cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 am

HAHA R2-D2 'Jedi Droid' cheers
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:31 am

love the pic of all the R2-D2's !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:52 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
HAHA R2-D2 'Jedi Droid' cheers

LOL I didn't notice that one! Awesome! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am

Ah, got the interactive R2 as well, I love mine had him for 2 years now! He seams too get more intelligent the longer he is on, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Ah, got the interactive R2 as well, I love mine had him for 2 years now! He seams too get more intelligent the longer he is on, lol.

I want one to be honest, he looks great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:19 pm

The plus side of being from a broken home & having divorced parents was getting double presents @ Xmas/birthdays. Each parent & family would almost try to out do each other for my affections. I had ALL the figures at one point. I have fond memories of one particular Xmas, where I was bought an ATAT walker, Snowspeeder & Slave 1.....I was SOOOO excited!! Smile

I remember when I finally got my hands on a Klaatu figure. I thought my collection was complete.....only to find that they were advertising a further release of 11 figures on the back of his packet!!!! The last figure I bought. Sad

Little did I know that my stepmother would later give everything away to a jumble sale!!!....merely one reason why I dislike the woman!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:22 pm

workstinx wrote:
The plus side of being from a broken home & having divorced parents was getting double presents @ Xmas/birthdays. Each parent & family would almost try to out do each other for my affections. I had ALL the figures at one point. I have fond memories of one particular Xmas, where I was bought an ATAT walker, Snowspeeder & Slave 1.....I was SOOOO excited!! Smile

I remember when I finally got my hands on a Klaatu figure. I thought my collection was complete.....only to find that they were advertising a further release of 11 figures on the back of his packet!!!! The last figure I bought. Sad

Little did I know that my stepmother would later give everything away to a jumble sale!!!....merely one reason why I dislike the woman!! Smile Smile

My mum tells me stories of all her old toys being sold by her parents and her never forgiving them for it. It'sa common thing I hear from people from my parents generation, which is sad really. Sad

But that's great that you at least had them all as a child! I'm sure you loved it very much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Collecting-
Jump to: