Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:34 pm

That is awesome!! Reminds me I never posted mine!

My R2-D2 has a reprinted sticker on him. Makes him look new!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Ooo, looks great! Much more new a crisp than mine. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 pm

The Landspeeder was the first Star Wars toy I ever had, in 1977! So happy to have one back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:59 pm

I love it, I do! The 'hovering' effect is awesome. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Ronpur wrote:
The Landspeeder was the first Star Wars toy I ever had, in 1977!
Me too, and I've still got it! Though after I had a few years of fun with it, it was passed down through my 3 brothers. The windshield is long gone, the silver insert in the front is broken in half.

Also still have a Twin Pod Cloud Car, a Rancor that's missing both his hands, and the big lizard that Stormtroopers rode on Tatooine (minus a leg or two). Not sure where they are but I know they're around here somewhere!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Scary wrote:
I love it, I do! The 'hovering' effect is awesome. cheers

I spent many days pushing it around the house,before I even had the figures!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:36 pm

rdks wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Me too, and I've still got it! Though after I had a few years of fun with it, it was passed down through my 3 brothers. The windshield is long gone, the silver insert in the front is broken in half.

Also still have a Twin Pod Cloud Car, a Rancor that's missing both his hands, and the big lizard that Stormtroopers rode on Tatooine (minus a leg or two). Not sure where they are but I know they're around here somewhere!

The TIE Fighter and X-wing were the only other vehicles I ever got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:04 pm

rdks wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

That's awesome, sounds like you played with them a lot then if they're missing limbs etc. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:23 pm

I remember reading that the ship carring leila in the beginning of Episode 4 was originally meant to be the Eagle from 1999. G.Lucas was a visiting guest at Bray
Studios in 1975 and viewed the filming of the episode 'War Games', not realising
the Eagles were the stars of the programme. But having being satisfied of Brian Johnson's work he gave him the helm to do the sfx on 'Empire'.
Another bit of info, the figures used in the sfx shots of the model Landspeeder in Ep4 were in fact dolls of the Six Million Dollar Man.
Still, Star Wars will always live forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Never knew that, MasterKhan! Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:22 pm

masterkhan wrote:
I remember reading that the ship carring leila in the beginning of Episode 4 was originally meant to be the Eagle from 1999. G.Lucas was a visiting guest at Bray
Studios in 1975 and viewed the filming of the episode 'War Games', not realising
the Eagles were the stars of the programme. But having being satisfied of Brian Johnson's work he gave him the helm to do the sfx on 'Empire'.
Another bit of info, the figures used in the sfx shots of the model Landspeeder in Ep4 were in fact dolls of the Six Million Dollar Man.
Still, Star Wars will always live forever.

And they were originally going to use that design for the Falcon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am

Got my Jawa the other week! Also, remember I mentioned I got Bossk but he smelt of mold? Well I left him outside for over a month now and the smell is 90% gone! cheers

Here's some pics anyhow. Cool

Boba and Bossk were casually scaring Jawas, like bounty hunters do....

"Good work" Boba complimented his good friend.

But from the shadows.... The REAL Bossk is watching his friend Boba kill Jawas with an IMPOSTER!

"Boba, it's me!"

"But this is Bossk..." Boba was puzzled. The fake Bossk waved.

"I was kidnapped by Princess Leia and Lando Calrissian - they wanted information about where Han's carbonite block was!" Bossk explained.
"So who's this guy then?" Boba questioned.

"Yoda I am, undercover to find information on Empire I was! Hmmmmmm!!!"

The two bounty hunters ran away in fear of this ugly creature....

THE END! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Laughing Good stuff! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm loving your picture stories, Scary!

But I'm shocked by that Bossk figure. That was one of my favourite figures as a kid and I have many fond memories of him. Seeing him now... I remembered him looking much better than that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Scary wrote:

"nanu-nanu"

Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Hehehehe Razz

rdks wrote:
I'm loving your picture stories, Scary!

But I'm shocked by that Bossk figure. That was one of my favourite figures as a kid and I have many fond memories of him. Seeing him now... I remembered him looking much better than that!

Might be because of the comparison to the modern one? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Scary wrote:

"How's about a hug, bro?"

"Seriously?"

Laughing

(sorry, Scary..I can't help it...)

BTW...I'm loving all the picture stories, too!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Just for you. Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:41 pm

...still waiting for vids and/or picture stories from your newly acquired Death Star...!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:55 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
...still waiting for vids and/or picture stories from your newly acquired Death Star...!

Very Happy

Still haven't got it yet. The stupid eBay seller didn't pay customs charges, as it's coming from USA, even though I paid 40 postage, so it's stuck in customs somewhere in the south and I can't get it sent to me until I pay an extra 20... I emailed the bloke to get him to pay for it, since it's his darn fault, but he said he "couldn't because it would cost too much." Rolling Eyes Yeah well he won't like the feedback I give him, that's for sure.

But when I do get it (hopefully next week) I will be taking MANY pics with it and filming a handful of videos with it too, rest assured! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Awwww...that stinks.

*Pfft.*
Americans.... Evil or Very Mad

OH WAIT!!!! I'm AMERICAN!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Awwww...that stinks.

*Pfft.*
Americans.... Evil or Very Mad

OH WAIT!!!! I'm AMERICAN!!! Shocked

Hehehe, I've come across worse eBay sellers that were actually English. Razz I have to admit the guy was kinda polite, but he was very cryptic and I was annoyed anyway so I still gave him the third degree. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:06 pm

I'm sure it was a firm and "quite articulate" third degree. You English are so polite when you get angry! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Collecting-
Jump to: