Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:52 pm

The Alliance locks the Doctor in the Pandorica to save the universe.

However, they actually succeeded, by putting the person who could save the universe in the thing he needed to save it with!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:15 am

The Alliance does good work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 am

how about the cybus cybermen appearing, with no explanation as to how they survived. or general kudlak, or the hoix. i call the alliance, "hey, here's how we save money, we use all the monster outfits we have in storage"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:22 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
how about the cybus cybermen appearing, with no explanation as to how they survived. or general kudlak, or the hoix. i call the alliance, "hey, here's how we save money, we use all the monster outfits we have in storage"
well this is a time traveling show so those could be versions of them from points in time before they met there ends. the cracks in time effected all points in time, past. present, and future. but that's giving the writers a lot of credit, i probably agree with your explanation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1828
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:13 am

There's nothing wrong with being economical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:55 pm

I don't even know where to begin. The whole thing was crazy. And not necessarily in a good way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:12 pm

i still like my short review for the episode:

WTH???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

I dunno, sure beat the heck out of "Commit Genocide to the Dalek Race for the Billionth Time" or "Write myself into a corner with no logical or sane resolution, so we'll steal the Burning Courage/Justice trope from Japanese Animation and call it good" finales we had gotten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 am

Rust wrote:
I dunno, sure beat the heck out of "Commit Genocide to the Dalek Race for the Billionth Time" or "Write myself into a corner with no logical or sane resolution, so we'll steal the Burning Courage/Justice trope from Japanese Animation and call it good" finales we had gotten.
I agree! And the thing about the Daleks... They'd been erased from history, so when the Doctor reboots the universe, he saves them, too! He brought the entire universe back, even the worst of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)   Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 am

Could have done without the Stone Dalek though. That part just seemed contrived and my reaction was "Well, it wouldn't be a Doctor Who Season Finale without the angry salt and pepper shakers."

I understand the BBC has to use them or give up the rights (Which is kinda dickish by the Nation Estate, if I'm going to be honest), but still. It's getting ridiculous.

At least the Stone Dalek served a story purpose, but still. Once that purpose was served (To establish the regenerative properties of the Pandorica), don't keep reviving the darn thing to chase the cast around like a demented Scooby Doo Villain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The craziest thing about the Series 5 finale (Spoilers!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: