Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 help me please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Ok so how easy would it be to be the Eleventh Doctor. What could I get to get the idea of The Doctor?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Do you mean costume for Halloween or BE him...?

~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:58 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Do you mean costume for Halloween or BE him...?

~

Halloween costume. Laughing I'm not that good to be him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:14 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Do you mean costume for Halloween or BE him...?

~

Halloween costume. Laughing I'm not that good to be him. Laughing

So your question is how easy would it be to play him? Well, sorry to keep answering your question with questions, but what are you doing for Halloween, exactly? If you're going to a party, depending on the atmosphere and the crowd you're with, roleplaying may not be huge. Like last year, I dressed up as a Dinotopian from Chandara. The only time that I was ever in character was when it was just my friend and I.

This year, I'm dressing up as a footie at the World Cup (rooting for Germany and South Africa). It'll be so much easier to be in character for that during the event for the fact that being a fan is just easier than playing a character.

If you were going to a party like my friends and I are going to where it's actual roleplaying, my suggestion would be to study the character. Rewatch episodes. My best friend is dressing up as Howling Mad Murdock's alter-ego "Captain Cab". She's working on the voice and I've been practicing with her on Socki, the sock puppet. So if you're roleplaying, think of it like roleplaying.

And I don't know, with your enthusiasm over Matt Smith, I think you have his hyperness down pat.
~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:15 pm

How easy it would to be a get a brown jacket like his. I'm can prob wear my white sweater I have and some black pants. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:16 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
How easy it would to be a get a brown jacket like his. I'm can prob wear my white sweater I have and some black pants. Smile

Okay, is this a new question or was this directed at me? I have no idea. I'd honestly start checking thrift stores.

~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:21 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
How easy it would to be a get a brown jacket like his. I'm can prob wear my white sweater I have and some black pants. Smile

Okay, is this a new question or was this directed at me? I have no idea. I'd honestly start checking thrift stores.

~

What she said!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
How easy it would to be a get a brown jacket like his. I'm can prob wear my white sweater I have and some black pants. Smile

Okay, is this a new question or was this directed at me? I have no idea. I'd honestly start checking thrift stores.

~

What she said!

Really just asking how easy it would be. Smile Can I get a brown coat or something? Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
How easy it would to be a get a brown jacket like his. I'm can prob wear my white sweater I have and some black pants. Smile

Okay, is this a new question or was this directed at me? I have no idea. I'd honestly start checking thrift stores.

~

What she said!

Really just asking how easy it would be. Smile Can I get a brown coat or something? Razz

Okay, I gave you a suggestion. It's up to you on whether or not you actually listen to me. I could care less right now because it seems like anything I say goes in one ear and out the other.
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Go to the thrift shop and look around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks I'll look around. Smile Don't have to Mr. Grumpy Face at me. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Yeah, my point exactly... you listen to everyone else but me.
~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Yeah, my point exactly... you listen to everyone else but me.
~

I said I'll look around. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Good luck on finding this stuff. That's why I always plan my costumes months in advance. This way I ensure that I'll have all the stuff I need weeks before the holiday. Well, that and the fact that I'm also going to more stuff this year. It makes it less stressful.
~
Back to top Go down
Nocturniah
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 277
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: help me please   Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:09 am

I'm going to be the 11th Doctor at work because he fits the rules they've put on costumes. I was able to find suspenders and a bow tie at a store called the Burlington Coat Factory. Not sure how widespread those stores are, or if they carry the same stock at all locations.

As a1 said, thrift stores are your best bet for the jacket. I lucked out as my father never gets rid of any of his old clothing, so a blazer he's been hanging onto for years and years fit the bill for me. Good luck to you, though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: help me please   Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:47 pm

Thanks. Smile May not be exact but as long as I have my sonic screwdriver I'll be fine. Razz
Back to top Go down
 
help me please
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: