Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 
 

 Benedict Cumberbatch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
denali76c
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 132
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Benedict Cumberbatch    Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:42 am

i've been watching sherlock, which is pretty great, and i'm thinking Benedict Cumberbatch would make a great 12th doctor. and since moffat is writing sherlock maybe it might happen one day. but i don't want matt smith to leave anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrochetOwl
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:36 pm

Benedict (and Sherlock) are excellent. I was only gonna watch one episode but wound up watching all three along with the extras in one sitting. He would have made a good Doctor as well (still not a fan of 11).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Or he could be the next Master.

Actually, did you know Benedict was considered for the 11th Doctor but turned it down because he didn't want such a big role? Something like "I didn't want my face on lunch boxes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:12 pm

From what I recall, in one of John Simm's interviews, they asked him if he would consider taking the role of the Doctor and he said pretty much the same thing about not wanting to take that big of role. Benedict would make an excellent Master in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 220
Age : 29
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Ugh, I REALLY hope they don't bring back the Master. That would undermine that brilliant send-off they gave him in The End of Time. I would hate that with a passion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 742
Age : 22
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:28 pm

SuperJoshe wrote:
Ugh, I REALLY hope they don't bring back the Master. That would undermine that brilliant send-off they gave him in The End of Time. I would hate that with a passion.

I'd like to see him come back at some point. Just not in the next couple of years...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrochetOwl
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the Master IF it was played more in line with Roger Delgado's portrayal. He is still the big kahuna as the Master.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuggan
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 180
Age : 42
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:52 pm

denali76c wrote:
i've been watching sherlock, which is pretty great, and i'm thinking Benedict Cumberbatch would make a great 12th doctor. and since moffat is writing sherlock maybe it might happen one day. but i don't want matt smith to leave anytime soon.

Is he related to Englebert Humperdink?





Gerry Dorsey
became Engelbert Humperdinck.



I wanted to be in the room when
they were working that one through.



"Zingelbert Bembledack!



"Yingybert Dambleban.



"Zangelbert Bingledack.



"Wengelbert Humptyback.



"Slut Bunwallah."



"What?"
"All right, Kringelbert Fishtybuns.



"Steviebuns Buttritrundle."



"Gerry Dorsey, I like Gerry Dorsey."
"No, we can't.



"Zingelbert Bimbledack, Tringelbert
Wangledack, Slut Bunwallah,



"Klingybun Fistelvase,



"Dindelbert Zindeldack,
Gerry Dorsey,



"Engelbert Humptyback,
Zangelbert Bingeldack,



"Engelbert Humperdinck,
Vingerbert Wingeldanck..."



"No, go back one.



"Engelbert Humperdinck. That's it."


Laughing

Sorry, Benedict Cumberbatch reminded me of that bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9511
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:30 am

Almost through the first episode. Fantastic. And yes, he has the long coat and scarf, he could be a Doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denali76c
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 132
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:58 am

Nuggan wrote:
denali76c wrote:
i've been watching sherlock, which is pretty great, and i'm thinking Benedict Cumberbatch would make a great 12th doctor. and since moffat is writing sherlock maybe it might happen one day. but i don't want matt smith to leave anytime soon.

Is he related to Englebert Humperdink?





Gerry Dorsey
became Engelbert Humperdinck.



I wanted to be in the room when
they were working that one through.



"Zingelbert Bembledack!



"Yingybert Dambleban.



"Zangelbert Bingledack.



"Wengelbert Humptyback.



"Slut Bunwallah."



"What?"
"All right, Kringelbert Fishtybuns.



"Steviebuns Buttritrundle."



"Gerry Dorsey, I like Gerry Dorsey."
"No, we can't.



"Zingelbert Bimbledack, Tringelbert
Wangledack, Slut Bunwallah,



"Klingybun Fistelvase,



"Dindelbert Zindeldack,
Gerry Dorsey,



"Engelbert Humptyback,
Zangelbert Bingeldack,



"Engelbert Humperdinck,
Vingerbert Wingeldanck..."



"No, go back one.



"Engelbert Humperdinck. That's it."


Laughing

Sorry, Benedict Cumberbatch reminded me of that bit.

i love eddie izzard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denali76c
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 132
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 am

CrochetOwl wrote:
Benedict (and Sherlock) are excellent. I was only gonna watch one episode but wound up watching all three along with the extras in one sitting. He would have made a good Doctor as well (still not a fan of 11).
the 3rd episode was outstanding! spoilers......for a sec there i thought it was watson and i was pissed i didn't see it coming. will have to wait a whole year to find out what happens next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denali76c
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 132
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 am

SuperJoshe wrote:
Ugh, I REALLY hope they don't bring back the Master. That would undermine that brilliant send-off they gave him in The End of Time. I would hate that with a passion.

i think it's inevitable that will see the master again at some point. maybe in series 7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuggan
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 180
Age : 42
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 pm

denali76c wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
denali76c wrote:
i've been watching sherlock, which is pretty great, and i'm thinking Benedict Cumberbatch would make a great 12th doctor. and since moffat is writing sherlock maybe it might happen one day. but i don't want matt smith to leave anytime soon.

Is he related to Englebert Humperdink?





Gerry Dorsey
became Engelbert Humperdinck.



I wanted to be in the room when
they were working that one through.



"Zingelbert Bembledack!



"Yingybert Dambleban.



"Zangelbert Bingledack.



"Wengelbert Humptyback.



"Slut Bunwallah."



"What?"
"All right, Kringelbert Fishtybuns.



"Steviebuns Buttritrundle."



"Gerry Dorsey, I like Gerry Dorsey."
"No, we can't.



"Zingelbert Bimbledack, Tringelbert
Wangledack, Slut Bunwallah,



"Klingybun Fistelvase,



"Dindelbert Zindeldack,
Gerry Dorsey,



"Engelbert Humptyback,
Zangelbert Bingeldack,



"Engelbert Humperdinck,
Vingerbert Wingeldanck..."



"No, go back one.



"Engelbert Humperdinck. That's it."


Laughing

Sorry, Benedict Cumberbatch reminded me of that bit.

i love eddie izzard!

Oh thank goodness! I thought I was alone here! Laughing

/cake or death?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:19 pm


This has caused lots of people to speculate he will be the next Master.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9511
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:17 pm

So he would like to more than one episode, cool. He could do anything, he is an amazing actor, imho!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greywoolfe
RANK: UNIT Recruit


Number of posts : 9
Age : 52
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:41 pm

I'd like to see Benedict cast in a re-make of Adam Adamant Lives!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://greywoolfewho.wordpress.com
denali76c
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 132
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 pm

"This has caused lots of people to speculate he will be the next Master"
i hope so! this is good news. he's so great as sherlock holmes. i've watched the 3 episodes of sherlock like 10 times each! and it's great to hear that martin freeman is officially the new bilbo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch    Today at 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Benedict Cumberbatch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: